Gourmet Ham Sandwiches
April 19, 2022
A slow cooker ham is a great twist on a holiday dish, doesn't take up your oven space, and offers endless variations for the glaze. At Bent Oak Winery, we've also done a honey bourbon glaze and a brown sugar pineapple glaze. All on potato or Bolillo rolls and served with a bag of chips to create Sister Winemaker's Gourmet Ham Sandwiches.
- 13 ozs Jar (or 1 1/2 cups) Cherry Preserves
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 2 tbsps Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsps Mustard
- 2 tsps Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1 Ham, pre-cooked ham - I used the spiral cut boneless but bone-in would be very yummy
- Toss the glaze packet in the trash.
- Spray inside of crock pot with Pam.
- Mix all ingedient, except the ham, in a small saucepan and simmer a few minutes over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 of the glaze mixture into bottom of crockpot.
- Pour juice from ham packaging into crockpot as well. Cut the ham as necessary to fit in crockpot and seperate the slices before pouring on the rest of the glaze.
- Slowly pour on the remaining glaze and cook on Low 4 to 6 hours. Every hour or so, use a turkey baster to pour juices down in between the slices and over the ham as it all cooks together.
- Heating the rolls is optional as is using a bit of corn starch to thicken the glaze.
- Serve ham sandwich with glaze over the ham and a nice bag of chips.