20231115 Weekly Wine Times
Important Bent Oak Winery Date(s)
- November 22nd, Closing Early (5:00 pm) Thanksgiving Eve
- November 23rd, Closed Thanksgiving
- November 24th, Black Friday Specials
- December 2nd, Closing Early (5:00 pm) for Private Event
- December 4th, Cupcake & Wine Pairing with Sugar Mammas - get tickets below
- December 16th, Christmas Cookie Swap - get tickets below
- November 17th (Friday 3:30 - 6:30), Wine Down Friday with Chris Robeson
- November 24th (Friday 3:30 - 6:30), Wine Down Friday with Jim Monk
- November 26th (Sunday 2:00 - 4:45), Sunday Afternoon with Ella Reid
You can access event details on our Website Calendar.
Sugar Mamas Cupcake Pairing December 4th
Enjoy 5 wonderful pairings of Bent Oak Wine with Sugar Mama's Bakeshop Mini Cupcakes. The Baker and Mr Winemaker will discuss the shared and/or opposing qualities that make each of the pairings perfect. Be the first to get your tickets for this always-sold out event.
Cookie Pairing & Swap December 16th
Bring 2 dozen cookies to swap then enjoy picking out your 2 dozen cookies to take home. Note: bring your 2 dozen cookies on paper or plastic plates to place on the table to share. Also, bring your own container to take home 2 dozen.
Price includes a pairing of cookies (Bent Oak made!) and our awesome wine as well as other light snacks.
Book Our Tasting Room for your Holiday Party
It's not too late to book our location for your holiday party or upcoming event! Enjoy your holiday party in our cozy tasting room where you feel like you are in our home with all the holiday decorations. For parties of 20 or less people the rental fee is $250 and for parties of 20-50 the rental fee is $400. Each rental fee secures the location for a total of 3 hours (2 hours for the party with an additional 30 minutes for set up and another 30 minutes for clean up). Check out our CALENDAR to see if your requested date is available then complete and submit this FORM.
Raffle Ticket for a Holiday Basket
Join us in supporting the Central Texas Food Bank by purchasing a raffle ticket for one of Mrs. Winemaker's famous gift baskets. The raffle winner will be announced on December 13th.
We will split the ticket sales 50/50 with the Central Texas Food Bank
$10 each ticket or 3 tickets for $25 (Do not have to be present to win)
Basket Contents: 4 bottles of wine - The Thanksgiving Family 4 Pack (2021 Riesling TX, 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve, 2019 Viognier CA, and 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon TX) that retails for $192, 2 Stemmed Glasses, and many other goodies put together by Mrs. Winemaker worth about $350.
Get your electronic tickets online or in the Tasting Room!
Wine Barrels for Sale @ $125 each
We have about 8 barrels available for sale at $125 each. This will be on a first-come-first-served basis. Please reply to this email for a date & time stamp to get in the purchase queue. We will contact you when you can pick up your barrel(s).
Are you ready for some football?
Join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. Get your entry in before the Thursday night game and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday).
- Week 1: 2019 Sangiovese - Kathy Bonardi with 12 correct.
- Week 2: 2021 Riesling - Gary Gorman with a tiebreaker and 13 correct
- Week 3: 2019 Wild Eye Red - Janice Lehman with 13 correct.
- Week 4: 2019 Blanc du Bois - Darren Mock with 14 correct.
- Week 5: 2019 Tempranillo - Kim Rubin with 11 correct.
- Week 6: 2019 Roussanne - Kevin Copeland with a tiebreaker and 12 correct.
- Week 7: 2019 Dolcetto - Jean Gorman with 9 correct
- Week 8: 2019 Sauvignon Blanc - Nancy Pais with a tiebreaker and 13 correct.
- Week 9: 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon TX - Nancy Pais with a tiebreaker and 13 correct again!
- Week 10: 2019 Barbera - Sara Ketcherid and Terry Webb tied with 10 correct and tiebreaker score of 47. They each get a bottle!
- Week 11: 2019 Trebbiano - TBD
Bent Oak Winery's team chili cookoff winner, Bryan, is making one of his favorite soups, Chipotle pumpkin soup.
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 8 Chipotle pumpkin soup
- $12 Chipotle pumpkin soup with Wine Pairing
- $15 Chipotle pumpkin soup with Reserve Wine Pairing
We made changes to the glass specials this week. Check out the packages below to get ready for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.
- 2021 Riesling TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2020 Viognier CA (bottle retail $48) NEW
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (bottle retail $68)
- 2019 Dolcetto TX (bottle retail $35)
- 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon TX (bottle retail $48) NEW
- $20 Tasting of the 5 wines above
- $ 9.00 2021 Riesling TX (retail $12)
- $ 9.00 2018 Zinfandel CA (retail $12) - Wine of the Month
- $13.50 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve (retail $18)
Packages: (each package purchase receives a complimentary bottle of Vesenillo)
- $ 69 Thanksgiving Zin & Chard PK (retail $110): 2019 Zinfandel Reserve CA, 2019 Chardonnay CA
- $ 73 Thanksgiving CA Friends 2 PK (retail $116): 2018 Pinot Noir CA, 2020 Viognier CA
- $120 Thanksgiving Family 4 PK (retail $192): 2021 Riesling TX, 2018 Pinot Noir CA,
2020 Viognier CA, 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon TX
- $194 Thanksgiving Love 6 PK (retail $308): 2021 Riesling TX, 2018 Pinot Noir CA (2),
2020 Viognier CA (2), 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon TX
- $143 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $227): 2021 Riesling TX, 2020 Viognier CA, 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA, 2019 Dolcetto TX, 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon TX
November Wine of the Month: 2018 Zinfandel CA
Bottle $35 (retail $55) 37% discount
Case $363 (retail $660) 45% discount ($30.25 per bottle)
The grapes for our Zinfandel are grown by the skillfully-managed Tombs Creek Vineyard in the mountainous area midway between the town of Geyserville and the Pacific Coast. The high elevation of this vineyard allows intense heat during the day and cool breezes at night, producing maximum development of berry phenolics. We age Tombs Creek Zinfandel in both new and older French Oak barrels, resulting in a wine exhibiting dark cherry, blueberry, and blackberry, with a hint of black pepper on the finish.
Tasting Notes: Intense dark fruit and pepper flavors that hold hints of leather and smoke.
Recommended Food Pairings: Game birds, veal chops, pork chops, spicy red meat dishes.
Recipe of the Month: Pumpkin Bars
- 2022 San Francisco Chronicle
- 2021 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2023 Texas International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2022 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2021 Texas International Wine Competition
- 2021 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- 2019 San Francisco International Wine Competition
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but some walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team