20231101 Get Bent Newsletter 2023-11
Important Bent Oak Winery Date(s)
- November 6th, Texas Hill Country Road Show
- November 11th, Annual Fall Sip 'n' Shop
- November 13th, Fall Craft Night
- November 22nd, Closing Early (5:00 pm) Thanksgiving Eve
- November 23rd, Closed Thanksgiving
- November 24th, Black Friday Specials
- November 3rd (Friday 3:30 - 6:30), Wine Down Friday with Heath Ham
- November 10th (Friday 3:30 - 6:30), Wine Down Friday with Jazz Daddies
- November 12th (Sunday 2:00 - 4:45), Smooth Sax Sunday with Rodney Howell
- November 17th (Friday 3:30 - 6:30), Wine Down Friday with Chris Robeson
- November 24th (Friday 3:30 - 6:30), Wine Down Friday with Jim Monk
- November 26th (Sunday 2:00 - 4:45), Sunday Afternoon with Ella Reid
You can access event details on our Website Calendar.
Join us in Forth Worth on Monday, November 6th from 6 to 8pm for a tasting of 70 wines from 24 wineries. We'll be pouring our Texas 2019s: Viognier, Dolcetto, and Petit Verdot. Get your tickets HERE from the Texas Hill Country Winery Association.
Fall Craft Night November 13th 6:30-8:30
Join us for the fall crafting event and make either cork Christmas trees or decorated wine bottles. Get your tickets HERE. $40 for members and $45 for non-members includes a glass of wine, snacks, instruction, and supplies.
Book Our Tasting Room for your Holiday Party
It's not too late to book our location for your holiday party or upcoming event! Enjoy your holiday party in our cozy tasting room where you feel like you are in our home with all the holiday decorations. For parties of 20 or less people the rental fee is $250 and for parties of more than 20 the rental fee is $400. Each rental fee secures the location for a total of 3 hours (2 hours for the party with an additional 30 minutes for set up and another 30 minutes for clean up). Check out our CALENDAR to see if your requested date is available then complete and submit this FORM.
Are you ready for some football?
Join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. Get your entry in before the Thursday night game and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday).
- Week 1: 2019 Sangiovese - Kathy Bonardi with 12 correct.
- Week 2: 2021 Riesling - Gary Gorman with a tiebreaker and 13 correct
- Week 3: 2019 Wild Eye Red - Janice Lehman with 13 correct.
- Week 4: 2019 Blanc du Bois - Darren Mock with 14 correct.
- Week 5: 2019 Tempranillo - Kim Rubin with 11 correct.
- Week 6: 2019 Roussanne - Kevin Copeland with a tiebreaker and 12 correct.
- Week 7: 2019 Dolcetto - Jean Gorman with 9 correct
- Week 8: 2019 Sauvignon Blanc - Nancy Pais with a tiebreaker and 13 correct.
- Week 9: 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon TX - TBD
We are trying a popcorn recipe called Spicy Cotija Popcorn that should pair very well with the new Wine of the Month Zinfandel.
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 8 Spicy Cotija Popcorn
- $12 Spicy Cotija Popcorn with Wine Pairing
- $15 Spicy Cotija Popcorn with Reserve Wine Pairing
No changes to the tasting menu, glasses, or packages this week. Check out the packages to get ready for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.
- 2021 Riesling TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2020 Viognier CA (bottle retail $48) NEW
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (bottle retail $68)
- 2019 Dolcetto TX (bottle retail $35)
- 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon TX (bottle retail $48) NEW
- $20 Tasting of the 5 wines above
- $9 2020 Viognier CA (retail $12) NEW
- $9 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon TX (retail $12) NEW
- $9 2018 Zinfandel CA (retail $12) - Wine of the Month
Packages: (each package purchase receives a complimentary bottle of Vesenillo)
- $ 69 Thanksgiving Zin & Chard PK (retail $110): 2019 Zinfandel Reserve CA, 2019 Chardonnay CA
- $ 73 Thanksgiving CA Friends 2 PK (retail $116): 2018 Pinot Noir CA, 2020 Viognier CA
- $120 Thanksgiving Family 4 PK (retail $192): 2021 Riesling TX, 2018 Pinot Noir CA,
2020 Viognier CA, 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon TX
- $194 Thanksgiving Love 6 PK (retail $308): 2021 Riesling TX, 2018 Pinot Noir CA (2),
2020 Viognier CA (2), 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon TX
- $143 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $227): 2021 Riesling TX, 2020 Viognier CA, 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA, 2019 Dolcetto TX, 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon TX
October Wine of the Month: 2018 Zinfandel CA
Bottle $35 (retail $55) 37% discount
Case $363 (retail $660) 45% discount ($30.25 per bottle)
The grapes for our Zinfandel are grown by the skillfully-managed Tombs Creek Vineyard in the mountainous area midway between the town of Geyserville and the Pacific Coast. The high elevation of this vineyard allows intense heat during the day and cool breezes at night, producing maximum development of berry phenolics. We age Tombs Creek Zinfandel in both new and older French Oak barrels, resulting in a wine exhibiting dark cherry, blueberry, and blackberry, with a hint of black pepper on the finish.
Tasting Notes: Intense dark fruit and pepper flavors that hold hints of leather and smoke.
Recommended Food Pairings: Game birds, veal chops, pork chops, spicy red meat dishes.
Recipe of the Month: Pumpkin Bars
- 2022 San Francisco Chronicle
- 2021 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2023 Texas International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2022 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2021 Texas International Wine Competition
- 2021 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- 2019 San Francisco International Wine Competition
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but some walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team