20231025 Weekly Wine Times
Important Bent Oak Winery Date(s)
- October 25th, Wine Club October Release Pick up Begins
- October 26th, Tuscano Italian Kitchen Dinner and Wine Pairing
- October 27th after 5, 28-29th, CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC, Wine Club Release Parties. Wine Club Members: Get tickets below.
- November 6th, Texas Hill Country Road Show
- November 11th, Annual Fall Sip 'n' Shop
- November 13th, Fall Craft Night
- October 27th (Friday 3:30 - 5:00), Wine Down Friday with Jazz Daddies
You can access details on the above events on our Website Calendar.
October Wine Club Release & Pick Up Party
Get tickets to Party by Thursday evening!
We'll be serving up Witches' Brew (Beef or Vegetarian Stew) with crusty bread. Please join us at one of the Hallowine parties below for food, wine, song, friendship, and door prizes (of course). If you and/or your guest want to come but not eat, select the "No Food" ticket option (a no charge ticket) so we can make sure you have a place to sit. Click below on the party you want to attend and you will be presented with 3 options in your shopping cart: Meat, Veggie, or No Food. Please enter a total of 2 tickets then "remove" the other products that have "0" quantity by hitting the "remove" button underneath the product name.
Join us in Forth Worth on Monday, November 6th from 6 to 8pm for a tasting of 70 wines from 24 wineries. We'll be pouring our Texas 2019s: Viognier, Dolcetto, and Petit Verdot. Get your tickets HERE from the Texas Hill Country Winery Association.
Are you ready for some football?
Join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. Get your entry in before the Thursday night game and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday).
- Week 1: 2019 Sangiovese - Kathy Bonardi with 12 correct.
- Week 2: 2021 Riesling - Gary Gorman with a tiebreaker and 13 correct
- Week 3: 2019 Wild Eye Red - Janice Lehman with 13 correct.
- Week 4: 2019 Blanc du Bois - Darren Mock with 14 correct.
- Week 5: 2019 Tempranillo - Kim Rubin with 11 correct.
- Week 6: 2019 Roussanne - Kevin Copeland with a tiebreaker and 12 correct.
- Week 7: 2019 Dolcetto - Jean Gorman with 9 correct
- Week 8: 2019 Sauvignon Blanc - TBD
No food special for Friday as we are closing early for Wine Club Release Parties all weekend.
Food - no special this week
We are introducing a new Tasting Menu this week that reflects wines in the October Wine Club Release. We also have packages to get you ready for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.
- 2021 Riesling TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2020 Viognier CA (bottle retail $48) NEW
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (bottle retail $68)
- 2019 Dolcetto TX (bottle retail $35)
- 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon TX (bottle retail $48) NEW
- $20 Tasting of the 5 wines above
- $9 2020 Viognier CA (retail $12) NEW
- $9 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon TX (retail $12) NEW
- $9 2019 Tempranillo TX (retail $12) - Wine of the Month
Packages: (each package purchase receives a complimentary bottle of Vesenillo)
- $ 69 Thanksgiving Zin & Chard PK (retail $110): 2019 Zinfandel Reserve CA, 2019 Chardonnay CA
- $ 73 Thanksgiving CA Friends 2 PK (retail $116): 2018 Pinot Noir CA, 2020 Viognier CA
- $120 Thanksgiving Family 4 PK (retail $192): 2021 Riesling TX, 2018 Pinot Noir CA,
2020 Viognier CA, 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon TX
- $194 Thanksgiving Love 6 PK (retail $308): 2021 Riesling TX, 2018 Pinot Noir CA (2),
2020 Viognier CA (2), 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon TX
- $143 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $227): 2021 Riesling TX, 2020 Viognier CA, 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA, 2019 Dolcetto TX, 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon TX
October Wine of the Month: 2019 Tempranillo TX
Bottle $28 (retail $44) 36% discount
Case $300 (retail $528) 43% discount ($25 per bottle)
Tempranillo is the main varietal grown in Spain, however, has found a home in the Texas High Plains. We source our fruit from the carefully managed Bingham Family Vineyards in Meadow, Texas. Tempranillo produces a red, translucent wine with hints of cherry, strawberry, plum and a soft, leathery finish. We age our Tempranillo for 9 months in new American Oak to soften and round out this highly enjoyable, diverse wine.
Tasting Notes: Hints of cherry, strawberry, plum and a soft, leathery finish.
Recommended Food Pairings: American burgers, chili chicken, jambalaya pasta, grilled spiced lamb chops. marinara.
Recipe of the Month: Tempranillo Polenta with Skirt Steak and Grilled Cauliflower
- 2021 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2022 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2022 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2021 Texas International Wine Competition
- 2023 Texas International Wine Competition
- 2023 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2023 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2021 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2021 Lone Star International Wine Competition
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but some walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team