20231004 Get Bent Newsletter 2023-10
Important Tasting Room Date(s)
- October 10th, Bent Oak Winery's 8th Anniversary (specials later in the week)
- October 17th,Taste of Cedar Park Cedar Park Recreation Center Sculpture Garden, 6:00-9:00
- October 19th, Game Night, Get Your Reservation HERE, 5:30-8:00
- October 22th, Slackers Brewery & Bent Oak Winery Event at Slackers Brewery, 5:00-8:00 Get Info HERE
- October 26th, Tuscano Italian Kitchen Dinner and Wine Pairing at Tuscano's Get Info HERE
- October 27-29th, October Wine Club Release - Get tickets below
- November 6th, Texas Hill Country Road Show in Ft Worth, TX
- November 11th (Saturday 1:00 - 6:00), Annual Fall Sip 'n' Shop - Get Last Booth HERE
- October 6th (Friday 3:30 - 6:30), Wine Down Friday with Heath Ham
- October 8th (Sunday 2:00-4:45), Smooth Jazz Sunday with Rodney Howell
- October 13th (Friday 3:30 - 6:30), Wine Down Friday with Trevor Helt
- October 20th (Friday 3:30 - 6:30), Wine Down Friday with Shelley Mier
You can access details on the above events on our Website Calendar.
October Wine Club Release & Pick Up Party
We'll be serving up Beef or Vegetarian Stew with crusty bread. Please join us at one of the Hallowine parties below for food, wine, song, friendship, and door prizes (of course). If you and/or your guest want to come but not eat, select the "No Food" ticket option (a no charge ticket) so we can make sure you have a place to sit. Click below on the party you want to attend and you will be presented with 3 options in your shopping cart: Meat, Veggie, or No Food. Please enter a total of 2 tickets then "remove" the other products that have "0" quantity by hitting the "remove" button underneath the product name.
Join us in Forth Worth on Monday, November 6th from 6 to 8pm for a tasting of 70 wines from 24 wineries. We'll be pouring our Texas 2019s: Viognier, Dolcetto, and Petit Verdot. Get your tickets HERE from the Texas Hill Country Winery Association.
Are you ready for some football?
Join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. Get your entry in before the Thursday night game and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday).
- Week 1: 2019 Sangiovese - Kathy Bonardi with 12 correct.
- Week 2: 2021 Riesling - Gary Gorman with a tiebreaker and 13 correct
- Week 3: 2019 Wild Eye Red - Janice Lehman with 13 correct.
- Week 4: 2019 Blanc du Bois - Darren Mock with 14 correct.
- Week 5: 2019 Tempranillo - TBD
Bryan is bringing back his Barbacoa Street Tacos this week. Yummy yummy, lucky tummy!
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 8 Barbacoa Street Tacos
- $12 Barbacoa Street Tacos with Wine Pairing
- $15 Barbacoa Street Tacos with Reserve Wine Pairing
No changes this week.
- 2021 Riesling TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Blanc du Bois TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Roussanne TX (bottle retail $32)
- 2019 Wild Eye Red TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (bottle retail $68)
- $20 Tasting of the 5 wines above
- $ 9.00 2019 Riesling TX (retail $12)
- $ 9.00 2019 Tempranillo TX (retail $12) - Wine of the Month
- $ 9.00 2019 Wild Eye Red TX (retail $12)
- $ 40 TX Do-Si-Do (retail $62): 2019 Barbera TX and 2019 Blanc du Bois TX
- $ 58 Triple Digit Heat Beater (retail $84): 3 bottles of 2021 Riesling
- $ 69 BBQ Buddies (retail $107): 2019 Dolcetto, 2019 Tempranillo, 2019 Wild Eye Red
- $132 Tres Pinot (retail $204): 3 bottles of 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve
- $119 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $184): 2021 Riesling TX, 2019 Blanc du Bois TX, 2019 Roussanne TX, 2019 Wild Eye Red TX, 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA
October Wine of the Month: 2019 Tempranillo TX
Bottle $28 (retail $44) 36% discount
Case $300 (retail $528) 43% discount ($25 per bottle)
Tempranillo is the main varietal grown in Spain, however, has found a home in the Texas High Plains. We source our fruit from the carefully managed Bingham Family Vineyards in Meadow, Texas. Tempranillo produces a red, translucent wine with hints of cherry, strawberry, plum and a soft, leathery finish. We age our Tempranillo for 9 months in new American Oak to soften and round out this highly enjoyable, diverse wine.
Tasting Notes: Hints of cherry, strawberry, plum and a soft, leathery finish.
Recommended Food Pairings: American burgers, chili chicken, jambalaya pasta, grilled spiced lamb chops. marinara.
Recipe of the Month: Tempranillo Polenta with Skirt Steak and Grilled Cauliflower
- 2021 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2022 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2022 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2021 Texas International Wine Competition
- 2023 Texas International Wine Competition
- 2023 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2023 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2021 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2021 Lone Star International Wine Competition
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but some walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team