20230906 Get Bent Newsletter Volume 2023-09
Important Tasting Room Date(s)
- September 7th (Thursday 7:00-11:00), NFL Kick Off Party - $15 Ticket (includes $15 Party Night Credit) - Get Ticket HERE
- September 14th (Thursday 5:30 - 7:00), Free Ribbon Tree Instruction by Audrey - Get Your Reservation HERE
- September 26th (Tuesday 6:30 - 8:30), BOW-Wow Trivia - $25 Member/$30 Non-member - Get Ticket HERE
- October 10th, Bent Oak Winery's 8th Anniversary (Tuesday - tasting room closed as usual)
- October 17th, Taste of Cedar Park (Tuesday 6:00 - 9:00) Cedar Park Recreation Center Sculpture Garden
- October 19th, Game Night (Thursday 5:30 - 8:00), Get Your Reservation HERE
- October 27-29th, October Wine Club Release
- November 11th (Saturday 1:00 - 6:00), Sip 'n' Shop - Get Booth HERE
- September 08th (Friday 3:30 - 6:30), Wine Down Friday with Tim Bond
- September 10th (Sunday 2:00 - 4:45), Smooth Sax Sunday with Rodney Howell
- September 15th (Friday 3:30 - 6:30), Wine Down Friday with Jim Monk
- September 22nd (Friday 3:30 - 6:30), Wine Down Friday with Evan Grubbs
- September 24th (Sunday 2:00 - 4:45), Sunday Afternoon with Ella Reid
- September 29th (Friday 3:30 - 6:30), Wine Down Friday with Stephanie Fix
You can access details on the above events on our Website Calendar.
Texas harvest updates:
- Blanc du Bois from Woodall Vineyards is in barrel
- Tempranillo from Catalano Estate Vineyards is in barrel
- Albarino from Bingham Family Vineyards is fermenting
- Viognier from Bingham Family Vineyards came in last week and is fermenting
- Dolcetto from LaPredara Vineyards came in last week and is fermenting
- Other varietals due in the next 7 to 10 days: Sangiovese, Tempranillo, and Trebbiano
Are you ready for some football?
Join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. Get your entry in before the Thursday night game and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday).
Note: If you have played in prior years, log in with their existing username and password (you do NOT need to join again). If you can't remember your info you can recover it here: https://www.runyourpool.com/forgot.cfm
NFL You Pick 'Em for new members
Please join us on Thursday night for our NFL Kick Off Party starting at 7:00pm. Get your ticket for $15 which becomes a $15 credit on your party tab. Your wine club benefits apply, too! Glass, bottle, and food specials plus fun activites.
Sister Winemaker is serving up her famous outrageous warm chicken nachos for the kickoff of football season!
Specials for Thursday @ 7 (this week only) through Sunday:
- $ 8 Outrageous Chicken Nachos
- $12 Outrageous Chicken Nachos with Wine Pairing
- $15 Outrageous Chicken Nachos with Reserve Wine Pairing
No changes this week. However, unadvertised specials at the NFL Kick off Party on Thursday night!
- 2021 Riesling TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Blanc du Bois TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Roussanne TX (bottle retail $32)
- 2019 Wild Eye Red TX (bottle retail $24)
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (bottle retail $62)
- $20 Tasting of the 5 wines above
- $ 9.00 2019 Blanc du Bois TX (retail $12)
- $ 9.00 2019 Sangiovese TX (retail $12) - Wine of the Month
- $ 9.00 2019 Wild Eye Red TX (retail $12)
- $ 40 TX Do-Si-Do (retail $62): 2019 Barbera TX and 2019 Blanc du Bois TX
- $ 58 Triple Digit Heat Beater (retail $84): 3 bottles of 2021 Riesling
- $ 62 BBQ Buddies (retail $96): 2019 Dolcetto, 2019 Tempranillo, 2019 Wild Eye Red
- $120 Tres Pinot (retail $186): 3 bottles of 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve
- $111 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $174): 2021 Riesling TX, 2019 Blanc du Bois TX, 2019 Roussanne TX, 2019 Wild Eye Red TX, 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA
September Wine of the Month: 2019 Sangiovese TX
Bottle $23 (retail $36) 36% discount
Case $240 (retail $432) 44% discount ($20 per bottle)
Sangiovese is an Italian grape that has found a home in Texas. Our Sangiovese is harvested from Buena Suerte Vineyards in the wind-swept Texas High Plains. We age our Sangiovese in French Oak for nine months to allow the wine to mature gracefully and round out its earthiness and complexity.
Tasting Notes: Strawberry on the nose with tart cherry, earthy palette
Recommended Food Pairings: Paella, short rib ragu, roasted quail, wild boar, Italian food featuring rich marinara.
Recipe of the Month: Pepperoni Bread
- 2022 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition - Texas Class Champion
- 2021 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2022 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- 2021 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2021 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2021 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- 2023 Texas International Wine Competition
- 2023 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2023 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Francisco Chronicle
- 2022 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2021 Texas International Wine Competition
- 2020 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2020 Lone Star International Wine Competition
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but some walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team