20230823 Weekly Wine Times
Important Tasting Room Date(s)
- August 28th (Monday 6:30 - 8:30), BOW-Wow Bunko - Get Ticket HERE
- October 27-29th, October Wine Club Release
- November 11th (Saturday 1:00 - 6:00), Sip 'n' Shop - Get Booth HERE
- August 25th (Friday 3:30 - 6:30), Anthony Basini
- August 27th (Sunday 3:30 - 6:30), Ella Reid
You can access details on the above events on our Website Calendar.
Harvest is ramping up in Texas with the following activities so far:
- Blanc du Bois from Woodall Vineyards is in Barrel
- Tempranillo from Catalano Estate Vineyards is in Barrel
- Albarino from Bingham Family Vineyards came in Monday and is fermenting
- Viognier from Bingham Family Vineyards due in later this week
- Dolcetto from LaPredara Vineyards due in early next week
Bryan's on tap again this week serving Jerk Chicken with Coconut Rice and Mango Black Bean Relish
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 8 Jerk Chicken with Coconut Rice and Mango Black Bean Relish
- $12 Jerk Chicken with Wine Pairing
- $15 Jerk Chicken with Reserve Wine Pairing
No changes this week!
- 2021 Riesling TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Blanc du Bois TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Roussanne TX (bottle retail $32)
- 2019 Wild Eye Red TX (bottle retail $24)
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (bottle retail $62)
- $20 Tasting of the 5 wines above
- $ 9.00 2021 Riesling TX (retail $12)
- $ 9.00 2019 Chardonnay CA (retail $12) - Wine of the Month
- $13.50 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (retail $18)
- $ 40 TX Do-Si-Do (retail $62): 2019 Barbera TX and 2019 Blanc du Bois TX
- $ 58 Triple Digit Heat Beater (retail $84): 3 bottles of 2021 Riesling
- $120 Tres Pinot (retail $186): 3 bottles of 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve
- $111 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $174): 2021 Riesling TX, 2019 Blanc du Bois TX, 2019 Roussanne TX, 2019 Wild Eye Red TX, 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA
August Wine of the Month: 2019 Chardonnay CA
Bottle $25 (retail $40) 37.5% discount
Case $240 (retail $480) 50% discount ($20 per bottle)
Chalk Hill is defined by its warm climate and volcanic white ash that characterize its soils and give it its name. Our Chardonnay reflects that warmth and the moderating evening coolness that allows this wine to fully develop and express itself. We age our Chardonnay sur lie in French Oak barrels for complexity, structure and smooth overall mouth feel.
Tasting Notes: Perfume nose with hints of citrus, green apple, and pear.
Recommended Food Pairings: Bass, Scallops, Shrimp, Snapper, Veal Paillard
Recipe of the Month: Pasta Primavera
- 2023 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition - Top of Class
- 2021 San Francisco Chronicle
- 2021 TEXSOM & International Wine Competition
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but some walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team