20230712 Weekly Wine Times
Wine Club Release: Don't Forget to Pick Up!
For those members who could not make it to the release parties last weekend, don't forget to pick up your July Release wine between now and Sunday, August 27th from the tasting room or curbside: Wednesday-Saturday 1:00-7:00 or Sunday 12:30-5:00.
You can make a RESERVATION to visit the tasting room Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 12:30-5:00 PM.
Schedule a Curbside Pickup during normal curbside hours: Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 12:30-5:00 PM. You can schedule your pick up date and time by clicking PICK UP and remain in your car when you arrive in the parking lot. Call or text us at 512-673-8250 and we will deliver your order to your car.
Release Party T-Shirts
Quite a number of people expressed an interest in getting the T-Shirts worn by the staff at the pick up parties last weekend. If you would like to order one for $25, please complete this FORM . We will wait a week or so before we place our order to allow you all to let us know your size and shirt preference Men's crew neck or Women's V-Neck. Note: We will need at least 24 shirts to place an order.
Harvest has started in Texas as we processed about a ton of Woodall Vineyards' Blanc du Bois grapes Monday.
The bottling season is upon us with July activities in both California and Texas.
- Texas bottling tentatively scheduled for July 24th and 25th! - all hands on deck for 2 full days of bottling both reds and whites. Due to the extreme heat and strenuous activity we will be having shorter work shifts. Note: all volunteer positions are outside, require standing, and lifting cases of wine that weigh up to 40 or 50 pounds. There is no parking at 18B where we are bottling. Below is a link to a video to get an idea of some of the volunteer stations needed during bottling.
- July 17th through 20th - John and Debbie are in California bottling our Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Zinfandel.
Save the Date: Thursday July 20th 5:45 - 6:45
During the summer months, we are going to host game night once a month during the last reservation on the 3rd Thursday of each month. Get your reservation ASAP for the July 20th evening of fun and games. We look forward to seeing you at game night! Let the games begin! Note: No charge to play but be sure and get a reservation!
Bottle Discounts from Retail Price
(Note: discounts do not apply to Wine of the Month)
- Extra 5% off Member Discount on 3 to 5 bottles
- Extra 10% off Member Discount on 6 to 11 bottles
- Extra 15% off Member Discount on 12 bottles
- Extra 20% off Member Discount on 24 bottles
- 5% off on 3 to 5 bottles
- 10% off on 6 to 11 bottles
- 15% off on 12 bottles
- 20% off on 24 bottles
20% off Merchandise
We'll be serving up chicken salad on croissants this week. It will be interesting to see which wines will make great pairings.
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 8 Chicken Salad Sandwich
- $12 Chickey Salad Sandwich with Wine Pairing
- $15 Chicken Salad Sandwich with Reserve Wine Pairing
No change to the tasting menu or glass specials but we'll have Christmas in July bottle specials the next 2 weeks instead of packages as noted above.
- 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX (bottle retail $34)
- 2019 Trebbiano TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Chardonnay CA (bottle retail $40) - NEW RELEASE
- 2019 Barbera TX (bottle retail $34)
- 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon CA (bottle retail $62) - NEW RELEASE
- $20 Tasting of the 5 wines above
- $ 9 2019 Viognier TX (retail $12) - Wine of the Month
- $ 9 2019 Chardonnay CA (retail $12) - NEW RELEASE
- $12 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon CA (retail $15) - NEW RELEASE
July Wine of the Month: 2019 TX Viognier
Bottle $23 (retail $36 - 36% discount)
Case $240 (retail $432 - 44% discount ($20 per bottle)
Viognier is a Rhone varietal that has found a home in the Texas High Plains and the grapes are grown by Bingham Family Vineyards in Meadow, Texas.
Tasting Notes: Our Viognier is a full-bodied white wine with distinctive floral aromas reminiscent of jasmine, honeysuckle and a hint of vanilla. The palate is lush with rich taste of pear and melon.
Recommended Food Pairings: Shellfish – crab, prawns, scallops or lobster. Spice-rubbed chicken or turkey as well as braised or roasted vegetables, Moroccan dishes or mild curries.
Recipe of the Month: Sauteed Chicken Celery Root Puree and Chestnuts
- 2021 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2020 San Francisco International
- 2021 San Francisco Chronicle
- 2021 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- 2021 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2021Texas International Wine Competition
- 2022 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2023 Texas International Wine Competition
- 2020 Lone Star International Wine Competition & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2021 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2021 TEXSOM & International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2023 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2023 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2023 San Francisco Chronicle
Important Date(s) This Week
Wine Down Friday with Tim Bond (3:30-6:30): July 14th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but some walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team