20230621 Weekly Wine Times
Wine Barrels for Sale @ $100 each
We have about 15 barrels available for sale at $100 each. This will be on a first-come-first-served basis. Please reply to this email for a date & time stamp to get in the purchase queue. We will contact you when you can pick up your barrel(s).
Winner: Father's Day Bottle of Cali Cab
Corinne Moore is the winner of the 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon CA bottle. She purchased a bottle on Sunday which entered her into the drawing for an additional bottle. Congrats Corinne! We have placed a note on your account to get your bottle of wine next time you are in the Tasting Room.
Wine Club Release: July 8th-9th
Club members received emails last week outlining the wines in your respective club releases. Please make sure your credit cards are updated. Also, if we are shipping your order, confirm that the shipping address is correct.
We will be processing your club orders on Sunday evening after 5 pm, July 2nd, and pick ups will begin on Wednesday, July 5th. The last time to make any changes to your club is on Sunday, July 2nd, before 5 pm via this link HERE.
Don't forget to RSVP for one of the release parties on July 8th or 9th:
Join us this week for Sloppy Debeneezers with chips. (Debbie, aka Debeneezer, has posted this recipe on our website so you can enjoy anytime.)
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 8 Sloppy Debeneezers with Chips
- $12 Sloppy Debeneezers with Wine Pairing
- $15 Sloppy Debeneezers with Reserve Wine Pairing
Glass changes this week!
- 2019 Blanc du Bois TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Roussanne TX (bottle retail $32)
- 2019 Viognier TX (bottle retail $36)
- 2019 Dolcetto TX (bottle retail $32)
- 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon TX (bottle retail $46)
- $20 Tasting of the 5 wines above
- $9 2019 Trebbiano TX (retail $12) - Wine of the Month
- $9 2019 Roussanne TX (retail $12)
- $9 2019 Dolcetto TX (retail $12)
- $ 50 TX 2 Step (retail $72): 2019 Roussanne TX, 2019 Tempranillo TX
- $ 52 Red, White, & Rosé (retail $80): 2019 Wild Eye Red, 2019 Blanc du Bois, 2021 Rosé
- $ 62 BBQ Buddies (retail $96): 2019 Dolcetto, 2019 Tempranillo, 2019 Wild Eye Red
- $ 62 All White, All White, All White (retail 96): 2019 Roussanne TX, 2019 Trebbiano TX, 2019 Viognier TX
- $110 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $174): 2019 Blanc du Bois TX, 2019 Roussanne TX, 2019 Viognier TX, 2019 Dolcetto, 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon TX
June Wine of the Month: 2019 Trebbiano
Bottle $18 (retail $28) 36% discount
Case $192 (retail $336 - 43% discount ($16 per bottle)
Trebbiano is one of the most widely grown white grapes in the world. It is extensively used for blending as it produces a balanced white wine. We source our fruit from Bingham Family Vineyards in Meadow, Texas. Our Trebbiano has a balanced green grape and earthy nose and is light on the palate with hints of green apple and Bosc pear.
Tasting Notes: Balanced green grape and earthy nose that is light on the palate with hints of green apple and Bosc pear.
Recommended Food Pairings: Light salads, shellfish, light fish, chicken, light cheeses, and tapas.
Recipe of the Month: Spaghetti with Seafood
- 2023 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition - Texas Class Champion
- 2021 San Francisco Chronicle
- 2021 Texas International Wine Competition
- 2020 San Francisco International
- 2021 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- 2021 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2021 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2022 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Francisco Chronicle
- 2022 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition - Texas Reserve Class Champion
- 2023 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2021 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2020 Lone Star International Wine Competition & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2021 TEXSOM & International Wine Competition
- 2023 San Francisco Chronicle & Rodeo International Wine Competition
Important Date(s) This Week
Wine Down Friday with Mark Lafon and Ariana Ortiz (3:30-6:30): June 23rd
Sunday with Ella Reid (2:00-4:45): June 25th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but some walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team