20230607 Weekly Wine Times
Belmont Stakes: Saturday June 10th
Join us for the running of the 3rd jewel of the Triple Crown: the Belmont Stakes at Belmont Park in New York! Spin to get your horse to watch and hopefully win. You do not have to be present to win but it is fun to watch in the Tasting Room. Post time is about 5:50 pm CDT - book your reservation for that last seating to watch with us and get your prize immediately. (Please no back-to-back reservations today). For those of you who cannot make it to the Tasting Room, you can select your horse by spinning the wheel and recording the horse selected by the wheel via this form SPIN. If your horse wins you will receive a bottle of 2021 Riesling. Note: Only 1 spin per person please whether in the Tasting Room or online!
On Saturday only enjoy $5 glasses of 2021 Riesling for our wine of choice for the Belmont. It's not quite a Belmont Jewel drink but we do get a little of the lemon taste. Our 2021 Riesling tasting notes are: Spirited nose exhibiting stone fruit, minerality and white flower blossom, bright acidity on the palette with lemon zest and youthful citrus finish.
Wine, Wills, & Wealth Tuesday June 13th
Jun 13 6:00-7:30 Wills and Wealth
Wine Tasting and Educational Event
A FREE wine tasting at Bent Oak Winery. Learn how Estate Planning and Wealth Management can protect yourself and your loved ones.
By Stephanie Hon, Law Offices of Stephanie Hon, PLLC
Game Night: Thursday June 15th 5:45 - 6:45
During the summer months, we are going to host game night once a month during the last reservation on the 3rd Thursday of each month. Get your reservation ASAP for next week's evening of fun and games. This month, we'll play a round or two of WINEO! We look forward to seeing you at game night! Let the games begin! Note: No charge to play but be sure and get a reservation!
Craft Night: Mandala Wine Bottle Painting June 19th
Please join Zenovia as she instructs us on how to paint Mandala designs on wine bottles. Your painting kit will include 2 wine bottles, acrylic pens & paints, and other supplies to help you apply the paint. In addition to your painting kit, your ticket includes instruction, a glass of wine, and snacks. Class is Monday June 19th from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm with the doors opening at 6:15 pm.
In honor of the Belmont Stakes, we are channeling our inner NY street vendor and making a classic NY Hot Dog. All beef dogs topped with spicy brown mustard, Sister Winemaker's onion sauce, and sauerkraut and served with potato chips (chips were invented in NY, by the way).
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 8 Classic NY Hot Dog with Chips
- $12 Classic NY Hot Dog with Wine Pairing
- $15 Classic NY Hot Dog with Reserve Wine Pairing
New tasting menu and specials this week!
- 2019 Blanc du Bois TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Roussanne TX (bottle retail $32)
- 2019 Viognier TX (bottle retail $36)
- 2019 Dolcetto TX (bottle retail $32)
- 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon TX (bottle retail $46)
- $20 Tasting of the 5 wines above
- $ 9 2019 Trebbiano TX (retail $12) - Wine of the Month
- $ 9 2019 Viognier TX (retail $12)
- $ 9 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon TX (retail $12)
- $ 50 TX 2 Step (retail $72): 2019 Roussanne TX, 2019 Tempranillo TX
- $ 52 Red, White, & Rose (retail $80): 2019 Blanc du Bois, 2021 Rose, 2019 Wild Eye Red
- $ 62 BBQ Buddies (retail $96): 2019 Dolcetto, 2019 Tempranillo, 2019 Wild Eye Red
- $ 62 All White, All White, All White (retail 96): 2019 Roussanne TX, 2019 Trebbiano TX, 2019 Viognier TX
- $110 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $170): 2019 Blanc du Bois TX, 2019 Roussanne TX, 2019 Viognier TX, 2019 Dolcetto, 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon TX
June Wine of the Month: 2019 Trebbiano
Bottle $18 (retail $28) 36% discount
Case $192 (retail $336 - 43% discount ($16 per bottle)
Trebbiano is one of the most widely grown white grapes in the world. It is extensively used for blending as it produces a balanced white wine. We source our fruit from Bingham Family Vineyards in Meadow, Texas. Our Trebbiano has a balanced green grape and earthy nose and is light on the palate with hints of green apple and Bosc pear.
Tasting Notes: Balanced green grape and earthy nose that is light on the palate with hints of green apple and Bosc pear.
Recommended Food Pairings: Light salads, shellfish, light fish, chicken, light cheeses, and tapas.
Recipe of the Month: Spaghetti with Seafood
- 2023 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition - Texas Class Champion
- 2021 San Francisco Chronicle
- 2021 Texas International Wine Competition
- 2020 San Francisco International
- 2021 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- 2021 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2021 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2022 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Francisco Chronicle
- 2022 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition - Texas Reserve Class Champion
- 2023 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2021 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2020 Lone Star International Wine Competition & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2021 TEXSOM & International Wine Competition
- 2023 San Francisco Chronicle & Rodeo International Wine Competition
Important Date(s) This Week
Wine Down Friday with Trevor Helt (3:30-6:30): June 9th
Smooth Sax Sunday with Rodney Howell (2:00-4:45): June 11th
Wine, Wills, and Wealth event (6:00-8:00): June 13th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but some walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team