20230524 Weekly Wine Times
The Bent Oak family has deep military roots. As such, we are honoring veterans and active duty with an extra 5% above our normal military discount of 10%. We want to thank you for all you do or have done to defend and serve this great nation and our democracy!
April Wine Club Release Pick Up
Extended 1 Week Before Shipping Begins
Members: For those of you who still have not picked up your April Release Wine, you can pick up anytime in the Tasting Room or curbside during normal operating hours now through Sunday, June 4th.
- You can make a RESERVATION to visit the tasting room Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 12:30-5:00 PM.
- Schedule a Curbside Pickup during normal curbside hours: Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 12:30-5:00 PM. You can schedule your pick up date and time by clicking PICK UP and remain in your car when you arrive in the parking lot. Call or text us at 512-673-8250 and we will deliver your order to your car.
Craft Night coming June 19th
Stayed tune as we finalize the details for our craft night with Zenovia. Details and tickets will be available next week.
We finish out taco month with Elissa's Barbacoa Beef Tacos on corn tortillas with queso fresco, cilantro & sweet onion. We hope you have enjoyed our taco month and let us know if you would like to have a month-long food feature in the future.
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 8 Barbacoa Beef Tacos
- $12 Tacos with Wine Pairing
- $15 Tacos with Reserve Wine Pairing
We are starting off the grilling season with an additional package called BBQ Buddies (highlighted below).
- 2021 Riesling TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Blanc du Bois TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Trebbiano TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Sangiovese TX (bottle retail $36)
- 2018 Zinfandel CA (bottle retail $50)
- $20 Tasting of the 5 wines above
- $ 9 2019 Trebbiano TX (retail $12)
- $ 9 2019 Sangiovese TX (retail $12)
- $ 9 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX (retail $12) - Wine of the Month
- $ 40 TX Do-Si-Do (retail $62): 2019 Blanc du Bois TX, 2019 Barbera TX
- $ 45 Twin Gold (retail $70): 2019 Sangiovese, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX
- $ 62 BBQ Buddies (retail $96): 2019 Dolcetto, 2019 Tempranillo, 2019 Wild Eye Red
- $ 73 Zin to Win (retail $112): 2018 Zinfandel CA, 2019 Zinfandel Reserve CA
- $110 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $170): 2021 Riesling TX, 2019 Blanc du Bois TX, 2019 Trebbiano TX, 2019 Sangiovese TX, 2018 Zinfandel CA
Wine of the Month: 2019 Sauvignon Blanc
Bottle $22 (retail $34) 35% discount
Case $240 (retail $408 - 41% discount ($20 per bottle)
Our Sauvignon Blanc comes to us from Paka Vineyards in the Texas High Plains. 2019 was a good year for Sauvignon Blanc in the High Plains with moderate temperatures producing a wine with firm acidity and minerality.
Tasting Notes: Lemongrass aroma and distinct citrus notes
Recommended Food Pairings: Light fish, sushi, fresh peas, asparagus, spiced chicken breast
Recipe of the Month: Warm Goat Cheese Salad
Platinum - 2021 TEXSOM International Wine Awards
- 2021 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2021 San Francisco Chronicle
- 2021 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2023 San Francisco Chronicle
- 2021 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- 2021 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2021 Texas International Wine Competition
- 2022 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Francisco Chronicle
- 2023 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition - Texas Class Champion
- 2023 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition - Texas Reserve Class Champion
- 2020 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
Important Date(s) This Week
Wine Down Friday (3:30-6:30): Shelley Mier, May 26th
Sunday Afternoons with Ella Reid (2:00-4:45): May 28th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but some walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team