20230517 Weekly Wine Times
Preakness Stakes: Sat May 20th
Join us for the running of the 2nd jewel of the Triple Crown - the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course in Maryland! Spin to get your horse to watch and hopefully win. You do not have to be present to win but it is fun to watch in the Tasting Room. Post time is about 5:50 pm CDT - book your reservation for that last seating to watch with us and get your prize immediately. (Please no back-to-back reservations today). For those of you who cannot make it to the Tasting Room, you can select your horse by spinning the wheel and recording the horse selected by the wheel via this form SPIN. If your horse wins you will receive a bottle of 2019 Blanc du Bois. Note: Only 1 spin per person please whether in the Tasting Room or online!
On Saturday enjoy $5 glasses of 2019 Blanc du Bois for our wine of choice for the Preakness. It's not quite a Black Eyed Susan drink but it does have a few of the tastes such as peach and stone fruit notes with citrus. Bottle of 2019 Blanc du Bois is on sale for $18 instead of the retail price of $28 on Saturday only!
Game Night: Trivia is Back! May 22nd
Last Week to get in on the Fun!
Grab your friends to form a team or join up with a group and make new friends!
Test your mental mettle with other wine lovers. Various general category questions with some wine questions thrown in. It's multiple choice answers to choose from so not too difficult!
It’s sure to be an evening of wit and winners!
Enjoy wine specials, laughter, and prizes over the course of the night. 1st Place winners each get a bottle of the 2019 Sauvignon Blanc.
Ticket includes a glass of wine and snacks (tacos as well as cookies).
Don't delay get your tickets NOW!
April Wine Club Release - Last 2 Weeks
Members: For those of you who still have not picked up your April Release Wine, you can pick up anytime in the Tasting Room or curbside during normal operating hours now through Sunday, May 28th.
- You can make a RESERVATION to visit the tasting room Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 12:30-5:00 PM.
- Schedule a Curbside Pickup during normal curbside hours: Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 12:30-5:00 PM. You can schedule your pick up date and time by clicking PICK UP and remain in your car when you arrive in the parking lot. Call or text us at 512-673-8250 and we will deliver your order to your car.
Bryan's Taco Month entry for this week is crispy tacos. Ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese in a crispy shell with salsa on the side.
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 8 Crispy Tacos
- $12 Tacos with Wine Pairing
- $15 Tacos with Reserve Wine Pairing
No changes this week!
- 2021 Riesling TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Blanc du Bois TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Trebbiano TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Sangiovese TX (bottle retail $36)
- 2018 Zinfandel CA (bottle retail $50)
- $20 Tasting of the 5 wines above
- $ 9 2019 Trebbiano TX (retail $12)
- $ 9 2019 Sangiovese TX (retail $12)
- $ 9 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX (retail $12) - Wine of the Month
- $ 40 TX Do-Si-Do (retail $62): 2019 Blanc du Bois TX, 2019 Barbera TX
- $ 45 Twin Gold (retail $70): 2019 Sangiovese, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX
- $ 73 Zin to Win (retail $112): 2018 Zinfandel CA, 2019 Zinfandel Reserve CA
- $110 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $170): 2021 Riesling TX, 2019 Blanc du Bois TX, 2019 Trebbiano TX, 2019 Sangiovese TX, 2018 Zinfandel CA
Wine of the Month: 2019 Sauvignon Blanc
Bottle $22 (retail $34) 35% discount
Case $240 (retail $408 - 41% discount ($20 per bottle)
Our Sauvignon Blanc comes to us from Paka Vineyards in the Texas High Plains. It was a good year for Sauvignon Blanc in the High Plains with moderate temperatures producing a wine with firm acidity and minerality.
Tasting Notes: Lemongrass aroma and distinct citrus notes
Recommended Food Pairings: Light fish, sushi, fresh peas, asparagus, spiced chicken breast
Recipe of the Month: Warm Goat Cheese Salad
Platinum - 2021 TEXSOM International Wine Awards
- 2021 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2021 San Francisco Chronicle
- 2021 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2023 San Francisco Chronicle
- 2021 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- 2021 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2021 Texas International Wine Competition
- 2022 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Francisco Chronicle
- 2023 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition - Texas Class Champion
- 2023 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition - Texas Reserve Class Champion
- 2020 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
Important Date(s) This Week
Wine Down Friday (3:30-5:00): Chris Robeson, May 19th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but some walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-THU 1:00-7:00 PM
- FRI 1:00-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team