20230510 Weekly Wine Times
Whispy Wednesday - Say Goodbye @ 5:30
Whisp matriculates to advanced training (we call it "going off to college") on Friday. Yes, it is hard to believe it is that time already! It seems like just yesterday that she arrived. Please join Whisp and her puppy friends as we say goodbye on Wednesday afternoon at 5:30! Whisp will be there around 4 so she can get all her goodbyes in.
We are hoping the 3rd time is the charm and Whisp will graduate from college, move on to team training, and finally pair with someone that really needs her. Although some of the Bent Oak Family are hoping she goes the way of the other two and comes home to join the family, we all wish the best for her!
Since Whisp is our 3rd puppy to raise, we will have $3 off the glass specials on Wednesday ($6 instead of the normal $9 special).
If you would like to know more about Canine Companions or wish to donate, please click on the logo below.
Happy Mother's Day
Grab a Mother’s Day Reservation and treat Mom to Smooth Sax Sunday with Karizsma from 2:00-4:45.
Game Night: Trivia is Back! May 22nd
Grab your friends to form a team or join up with a group and make new friends!
Test your mental mettle with other wine lovers. Various general category questions with some wine questions thrown in. It's multiple choice answers to choose from so not too difficult!
It’s sure to be an evening of wit and winners!
Enjoy wine specials, laughter, and prizes over the course of the night. 1st Place winners each get a bottle of the May Wine of the Month.
Ticket includes a glass of wine and snacks (tacos as well as cookies).
Don't delay get your tickets NOW!
Get Tickets HERE: $25 Members and $30 Non-members
Bryan's Taco Month entry for this week is grilled shrimp tacos w/ pineapple mango salsa & chipotle crema. Everyone enjoyed the tacos last week and we're sure these will be just as yummy.
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 8 Grilled shrimp tacos w/ pineapple mango salsa & chipotle crema
- $12 Tacos with Wine Pairing
- $15 Tacos with Reserve Wine Pairing
Glass Specials changed this week
- 2021 Riesling TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Blanc du Bois TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Trebbiano TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Sangiovese TX (bottle retail $36)
- 2018 Zinfandel CA (bottle retail $50)
- $20 Tasting of the 5 wines above
- $ 9 2019 Trebbiano TX (retail $12)
- $ 9 2019 Sangiovese TX (retail $12)
- $ 9 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX (retail $12) - Wine of the Month
- $ 40 TX Do-Si-Do (retail $62): 2019 Blanc du Bois TX, 2019 Barbera TX
- $ 45 Twin Gold (retail $70): 2019 Sangiovese, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX
- $ 73 Zin to Win (retail $112): 2018 Zinfandel CA, 2019 Zinfandel Reserve CA
- $110 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $170): 2021 Riesling TX, 2019 Blanc du Bois TX, 2019 Trebbiano TX, 2019 Sangiovese TX, 2018 Zinfandel CA
Wine of the Month: 2019 Sauvignon Blanc
Bottle $22 (retail $34) 35% discount
Case $240 (retail $408 - 41% discount ($20 per bottle)
Our Sauvignon Blanc comes to us from Paka Vineyards in the Texas High Plains. It was a good year for Sauvignon Blanc in the High Plains with moderate temperatures producing a wine with firm acidity and minerality.
Tasting Notes: Lemongrass aroma and distinct citrus notes
Recommended Food Pairings: Light fish, sushi, fresh peas, asparagus, spiced chicken breast
Recipe of the Month: Warm Goat Cheese Salad
Platinum - 2021 TEXSOM International Wine Awards
- 2021 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- 2021 San Francisco Chronicle
- 2021 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2023 San Francisco Chronicle
- 2021 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- 2021 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- 2021 Texas International Wine Competition
- 2022 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Francisco Chronicle
- 2023 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition - Texas Class Champion
- 2023 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition - Texas Reserve Class Champion
- 2020 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2022 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
Important Date(s) This Week
Wine Down Friday (3:30-5:00): Tim Bond, May 12th
Smooth Sax Sunday (2:00-4:45): Karizsma, May 14th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but some walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-THU 1:00-7:00 PM
- FRI 1:00-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team