20230426 Weekly Wine Times
Game Night: Trivia is Back! May 22nd
Grab your friends to form a team or join up with a group and make new friends!
Test your mental mettle with other wine lovers. Various general category questions with some wine questions thrown in. It's multiple choice answers to choose from so not too difficult!
It’s sure to be an evening of wit and winners!
Enjoy wine specials, laughter, and prizes over the course of the night. 1st Place winners each get a bottle of the May Wine of the Month.
Ticket includes a glass of wine and snacks (Tacos as well as cookies).
Don't delay get your tickets NOW!
Get Tickets HERE: $25 Members and $30 Non-members
Mrs. Winemaker is making her ever-popular pulled pork sandwiches for us this week served with coleslaw.
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 8 Pulled Pork Sandwich with Coleslaw
- $12 Sandwich with Wine Pairing
- $15 Sandwich with Reserve Wine Pairing
Glass Specials changed this week
- 2021 Riesling TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Blanc du Bois TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Trebbiano TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Sangiovese TX (bottle retail $36)
- 2018 Zinfandel CA (bottle retail $50)
- $20 Tasting of the 5 wines above
- $ 9 2019 Blanc du Bois TX (retail $12)
- $ 9 2018 Zinfandel CA (retail $12)
- $ 9 2019 Barbera TX (retail $12) - Wine of the Month
- $ 40 TX Do-Si-Do (retail $62): 2019 Blanc du Bois TX, 2019 Barbera TX
- $ 45 Twin Gold (retail $70): 2019 Sangiovese, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX
- $ 73 Zin to Win (retail $112): 2018 Zinfandel CA, 2019 Zinfandel Reserve CA
- $110 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $170): 2021 Riesling TX, 2019 Blanc du Bois TX, 2019 Trebbiano TX, 2019 Sangiovese TX, 2018 Zinfandel CA
Wine of the Month: 2019 Barbera
Last Week to get the 2019 Barbera Specials
Bottle $22 (retail $34) 35% discount
Case $240 (retail $408) 41% discount ($20 per bottle)
Barbera is a wonderful Italian varietal black grape that has found a home in the Texas High Plains, our Barbera grapes coming from Paka Vineyards in Brownfield, Texas.
Tasting Notes: Light tannins with notes of cherry and raspberry
Recommended Food Pairings: braised pork, lamb, and pizza.
Recipe of the Month: Outrageous Warm Chicken Nachos
Awards: Silver from 2021 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition and Bronze from 2020 San Francisco International Wine Competition
Important Date(s) This Week
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-5:00): Shelley Mier, April 28th
Sunday Afternoons with Ella (2:00-4:45): Ella Reid, April 30th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-THU 1:00-7:00 PM
- FRI 1:00-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team