20230301 Get Bent Newsletter Volume 2023-03
Movie Night is back! Tuesday March 21st
Four Zimbabwean men form their country's first Wine Tasting Olympics team.
Movie, glass of wine, popcorn, and movie candy are all included.
Tuesday, March 21st. Doors open at 6:15. The movie starts at 6:30 and goes until about 8:30 pm.
NOTE: $5 discount for members will display in the shopping cart. 48-hour cancellation policy.
Bryan is rustling up Rueben sandwiches for us this week.
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 8 Reuben Sandwich with Chips
- $12 Reuben Sandwich with Wine Pairing
- $15 Reuben Sandwich with Reserve Wine Pairing
New Wine of the Month for March!
- 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX (bottle retail $34)
- 2019 Viognier CA (bottle retail $44)
- 2019 Wild Eye Red Blend TX (bottle retail $24)
- 2019 Petit Verdot TX (bottle retail $40)
- 2019 Zinfandel Reserve CA (bottle retail $62) - new release
- $20 Tasting of the 5 wines above
- $9 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX (retail $12)
- $9 2019 Wild Eye Red TX (retail $12)
- $9 2021 Riesling TX (retail $12) - Wine of the Month
- $30 2018 Lone Star Cuvee TX Sparkling (retail $46) - 35% Discount - while supplies last
- $ 73 Zin 2 Win (retail $112): 2018 Zinfandel CA, 2019 Zinfandel Reserve CA
- $122 Grillin' & Grinnin' (retail $188): 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon CA, 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon TX, 2019 Viognier CA, 2019 Viognier TX
- $135 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $204): 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX, 2019 Viognier CA, 2019 Wild Eye Red Blend TX, 2019 Petit Verdot TX, 2019 Zinfandel Reserve CA
Wine of the Month: 2021 Riesling
Bottle $18 (retail $28) 36% discount
Case $192 (retail $336 - 43% discount ($16 per bottle)
Riesling is a Rhine varietal that has found a home in Texas. Our Riesling is managed by the Burch Family Vineyards in Friona, Texas. We express our Riesling as a dry-style wine. Tasting Notes: Spirited nose exhibiting stone fruit, minerality and white flower blossom, bright acidity on the palette with lemon zest and youthful citrus finish. A wonderful example of "Trocken" Riesling found on the Rhine. Recommended Food Pairings: Dry Riesling has enough acidity to pair wonderfully with oily lighter meats (like duck and bacon) and goat cheeses. Recipe of the Month: Coq au Riesling. In this creamy take on coq au vin, the chicken is braised in dry Riesling and silky-rich crème fraîche is stirred in at the end, making it extra-decadent. Awards: Our Riesling is a recent gold medal winner at the 2023 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition.
Check out these important dates!
March 21st (6:30 - 8:30pm), Movie Night: Blind Ambition
April 24th (6:30 - 8:30pm), Craft Night: Painting with Paper - Bluebonnets
Smooth Sax Sunday (2:00-4:45):
March 12th, Rodney Howell
Sunday Afternoons with Ella (2:00-4:45):
March 26th, Ella Reid
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30):
March 3rd, Heath Ham
March 10th, Sonya Jevette
March 17th, Jim Monk
March 24th, Shelley Mier
March 31st, Sid Grimes
Upcoming Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties:
2023 Q2 - April 15th-16th
2023 Q3 - July 8th-9th
2023 Q4 - October 28th-29th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team