20230201 Get Bent Newsletter Volume 2023-02
CLOSED WEDNESDAY 2/1/23
Out of an abundance of caution, and numerous accidents reported during the Winter Storm Warning, we have chosen to close the winery on Wednesday 2/01/2023 for the safety and well being of our customers and team members. We'll see you on Thursday! Be safe and warm!
Valentine's Cupcake & Wine Pairing
Join us on Valentine's Day for another fantastic cupcake and wine pairing. This event always sells out fast!
Soup is definitley called for with this blast of cold weather! Wine Ambassador, EJ Arcilla, is trying her hand at cooking this week with one of her go-to recipes: Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup. We are excited to find out the pairing!
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $8 Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- $12 Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup with Wine Pairing
- $15 Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup with Reserve Wine Pairing
The wine of the month changes this week to the newly released 2019 Zinfandel Reserve.
- 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX (bottle retail $34)
- 2019 Viognier CA (bottle retail $44)
- 2019 Wild Eye Red Blend TX (bottle retail $24)
- 2019 Petit Verdot TX (bottle retail $40)
- 2019 Zinfandel Reserve CA (bottle retail $62) - new release
- $20 Tasting of the 5 wines above
- $9 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX (retail $12)
- $12 2019 Zinfandel Reserve CA (retail $18) - new release and Wine of the Month
- $73 Zin 2 Win (retail $112): 2018 Zinfandel CA, 2019 Zinfandel Reserve CA
- $122 Grillin' & Grinnin' (retail $188): 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon CA, 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon TX, 2019 Viognier CA, 2019 Viognier TX
- $135 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $204): 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX, 2019 Viognier CA, 2019 Wild Eye Red Blend TX, 2019 Petit Verdot TX, 2019 Zinfandel Reserve CA
Wine of the Month: 2019 Zinfandel Reserve
Bottle $40 (retail $62) 35% discount
Case only $444 (retail $744 - 40% discount ($37 per bottle)
Our newly released Reserve Zinfandel comes from the carefully managed Bertapelle vineyards in the heart of the Russian River Valley. The nose is rich with dark fruit, cinnamon and baking spices leading to black raspberry, blackberry and cassis on the palette and pepper finish. This is a rich Zinfandel without being overpowering and a wonderful example of Zinfandels from the region. This Zinfandel Reserve pairs well with game birds, veal chops, pork chops, spicy red meat dishes. Our perfect pairing recipe is Spicy Flourless Chocolate Torte with Raspberry Coulis.
Two Ways to Play for a Super Bowl Win!
The Super Bowl will be on Sunday, February 12th. Get your entry in the pick 'em for a chance to win a bottle of 2019 CA Zinfandel Reserve.
- Week 1: 2021 Rosé - Dave Treacy with 11 correct.
- Week 2: 2021 Riesling - Sister Winemaker (Marilee Catalano) with 12 correct
- Week 3: 2019 Sangiovese - Erin Hiserote with 12 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 4: 2018 Chardonnay - Jenn Love with 13 correct
- Week 5: 2019 Dolcetto - Debbie Booher with 13 correct
- Week 6: 2019 Sauvignon Blanc - Roger Parkhouse with 10 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 7: 2019 Texas Cabernet Sauvignon - Corey Houston with 11 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 8: 2019 Trebbiano - Laura Brown with 14 correct
- Week 9: 2019 Barbera - Jill Clary with 11 correct
- Week 10: 2019 Viognier TX - Laura Brown with 12 correct
- Week 11: 2019 Aglianico TX - Sister Winemaker (Marilee Catalano) with 12 correct
- Week 12: 2019 Blanc du Bois - Calvin Lake with 12 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 13: 2019 Tempranillo - Roger Martinez with 13 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 14: 2018 Lone Star Cuvée - Roger Parkhouse with 10 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 15: 2019 Wild Eye Red - Jeff Hoskins with 13 correct
- Week 16: 2018 Roussanne - Calvin Lake with 13 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 17: 2018 Zinfandel - Craig Pritzlaff with 13 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 18: 2019 Roussanne - Sara Ketchersid with 14 correct
- Wildcard Weekend: 2019 Petit Verdot - Tied: Steve Hanes and Steve Kupec
- Divisional Playoff: 2019 Wild Eye Red - Melissa Beaver via tiebreaker
- Conference Championship: 2019 Sauvignon Blanc - Tied: Jill Clary and Kirk Ethridge
- Super Bowl: 2019 Zinfandel Reserve - TBD
Super Bowl Squares
And/or enter in the Super Bowl squares game for a chance to win each quarter.
- Q1 = 2019 Sauvignon Blanc
- Q2 = 2019 Wild Eye Red
- Q3= 2019 TX Viognier
- Q4 = 2019 CA Zinfandel Reserve.
Check out these important dates!
February 14th (6:30 - 8:30pm), Valentine's Cupcake Pairing with Sugar Mama's
March 21st (6:30 - 8:30pm), Movie Night: Blind Ambition
April 24th (6:30 - 8:30pm), Craft Night: Painting with Paper-Bluebonnets
Smooth Sax Sunday (2:00-4:45):
February 12th (Super Bowl Sunday), Rodney Howell
Sunday Afternoons with Ella (2:00-4:45):
February 26th, Ella Reid
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30):
February 3rd, Heath Ham
February 10th, Trevor Helt
February 17th, Chris Robeson
February 24th, Anthony Basini
Upcoming Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties:
2023 Q2 - April 15th-16th
2023 Q3 - July 8th-9th
2023 Q4 - October 28th-29th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team