20230118 Weekly Wine Times
Bunko is Back!
Monday, January 23rd, 6:30 to 8:30 PM
Last Week to Get Tickets!
What a great way to have fun and get to know your fellow members, guests, and friends! Don’t worry if you have not played before, it is easy to learn!
Ticket includes game materials, a glass of wine, a bowl of beef and barley soup, a cookie break, and loads of fun. We will have the soup when you arrive - play will begin after we all finish - and a mid-game break for cookies, etc.
Wine Club Release Party Jan 28th/29th
January release parties will be inside the Tasting Room in case of bad weather. As a result we are having 3 parties each day instead of two. Get your RSVP Food tickets today. We'll be serving up baked potatoes with either chili, broccoli/cheese sauce, or plain butter, and your choice of toppings. As a reminder there is a maximum of 2 tickets per membership. Also, due to limited seating availability we may not be able to accomodate walk-ins (those who have not purchased a food ticket in advance).
- Saturday, January 28th, 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Saturday, January 28th, 2:00 to 3:30 pm
- Saturday, January 28th, 4:00 to 5:30 pm
- Sunday, January 29th, 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Sunday, January 29th, 2:00 to 3:30 pm
- Sunday, January 29th, 4:00 to 5:30 pm
Reminder on important dates:
Valentine's Cupcake & Wine Pairing
Join us on Valentine's Day for another fantastic cupcake and wine pairng. We are still working on the 5 pairings but wanted to get on your calendar. Don't delay - get your tickets today!
The forecast is for slightly cooler temperatures this weekend. As a result Bryan is making beef and barley soup! We are not sure of the wine pairing yet but it is sure to please!
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $8 Beef and Barley Soup
- $12 Beef and Barley Soup with Wine Pairing
- $15 Beef and Barley Soup with Reserve Wine Pairing
No changes this week. This is the last week for this tasting menu and specials.
- 2018 Roussanne TX (bottle retail $32)
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (bottle retail $40)
- 2019 Barbera TX (bottle retail $34)
- 2019 Sangiovese TX (bottle retail $36)
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA (bottle retail $62)
- $20 Tasting of the 5 wines above
- $9 2018 Roussanne TX (retail $12)
- $9 Barbera TX (retail $12)
- $9 Petit Verdot TX (retail $12) - Wine of the Month
- $44 Double Gold Duo (retail $68): 2019 Dolcetto TX, 2019 Viognier TX
- $45 Twin Gold (retail $70): 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX, 2019 Sangiovese TX
- $62 All White, All White, All White (retail $96): 2019 Roussanne TX, 2019 Trebbiano TX, 2019 Viognier TX
- $62 BBQ Buddies (retail $96): 2019 Dolcetto TX, 2019 Tempranillo TX, 2019 Wild Eye Red TX
- $132 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $204): 2018 Roussanne TX, 2018 Chardonnay CA, 2019 Barbera TX, 2019 Sangiovese TX, 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA
Wine of the Month: Petit Verdot
Bottle $25 (retail $40) 37.5% discount
Case only $240 (retail $480 - 50% discount ($20 per bottle)
Petite Verdot is a Bordeaux varietal historically used for blending, due to its assertive tannins and color, but we prefer to let the varietal stand on its own instead of blending it. We harvest our Petit Verdot from the Texas High Plains where the warm weather favors this varietal, yielding more blueberry jam notes. The tasting notes are: Full-bodied red with subtle hints of violets and sage on the nose. Lending to a jammy blueberry start with tannins you can chew on. This Petit Verdot pairs well with rich meat dishes, grilled steak, spicy pork, veal, lamb, game and sausage as well as hard and semi-soft cheeses. Our perfect pairing recipe is Cajun Pork Bites.
It's The Playoffs!
Divisional Playoff weekend is 4 games (2 Saturday, 2 Sunday). A bottle of 2019 Wild Eye Red to the winner! Get your entry in before the games begin on Saturday.
Wildcard Weekend was definitely wild. Lots of scoring and surprises! We had 2 Steve winners this week who both tied with a difference of 7: 7 positive (Steve Hanes) and 7 negative (Steve Kupec). They each win a bottle of 2019 Petit Verdot.
Important Date(s) This Week
Wine Down Friday (3:30-6:30): January 20th, Sonya Jevette
Sunday Afternoon Music with Ella (3:30-6:30): January 22nd, Ella Reid
Last Day for Club Changes: January 22nd, Last day to make changes to your wine club before processing
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team