20230111 Weekly Wine Times
Bunko is Back!
Monday, January 23rd, 6:30 to 8:30 PM
What a great way to have fun and get to know your fellow members, guests, and friends! Don’t worry if you have not played before, it is easy to learn!
Ticket includes a glass of wine, snacks, and loads of fun. We will have the snacks when you arrive then play will be begin after we all finish. We will have a mid-game break for cookies, etc. then finish the remainder of the rounds.
January Wine Club Release Party Jan 28th/29th
For our January release parties, we have decided to have them inside the Tasting Room in case of bad weather. As a result we are having 3 parties each day instead of two. Get your RSVP Food tickets today. We'll be serving up baked potatoes with either chili, broccoli/cheese sauce, or plain butter, and your choice of toppings.
- Saturday, January 28th, 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Saturday, January 28th, 2:00 to 3:30 pm
- Saturday, January 28th, 4:00 to 5:30 pm
- Sunday, January 29th, 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Sunday, January 29th, 2:00 to 3:30 pm
- Sunday, January 29th, 4:00 to 5:30 pm
The release detail email will be sent out later today letting you know of the wine selections for your respective clubs.
Mrs Winemaker is making one of her famous recipes this week: Pulled Pork Sliders!
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $8 Pulled Pork Sliders
- $12 Pulled Pork Sliders with Wine Pairing
- $15 Pulled Pork Sliders with Reserve Wine Pairing
We changed the glass specials this week.
- 2018 Roussanne TX (bottle retail $32)
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (bottle retail $40)
- 2019 Barbera TX (bottle retail $34)
- 2019 Sangiovese TX (bottle retail $36)
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA (bottle retail $62)
- $20 Tasting of the 5 wines above
- $9 2018 Roussanne TX (retail $12)
- $9 Barbera TX (retail $12)
- $9 Petit Verdot TX (retail $12) - Wine of the Month
- $44 Double Gold Duo (retail $68): 2019 Dolcetto TX, 2019 Viognier TX
- $45 Twin Gold (retail $70): 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX, 2019 Sangiovese TX
- $62 All White, All White, All White (retail $96): *2019* Roussanne TX, 2019 Trebbiano TX, 2019 Viognier TX
- $62 BBQ Buddies (retail $96): 2019 Dolcetto TX, 2019 Tempranillo TX, 2019 Wild Eye Red TX
- $132 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $204): *2018* Roussanne TX, 2018 Chardonnay CA, 2019 Barbera TX, 2019 Sangiovese TX, 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA
Wine of the Month: Petit Verdot
Bottle $25 (retail $40) 37.5% discount
Case only $240 (retail $480 - 50% discount ($20 per bottle)
Petite Verdot is a Bordeaux varietal historically used for blending, due to its assertive tannins and color, but we prefer to let the varietal stand on its own instead of blending it. We harvest our Petit Verdot from the Texas High Plains where the warm weather favors this varietal, yielding more blueberry jam notes. The tasting notes are: Full-bodied red with subtle hints of violets and sage on the nose. Lending to a jammy blueberry start with tannins you can chew on. This Petit Verdot pairs well with rich meat dishes, grilled steak, spicy pork, veal, lamb, game and sausage as well as hard and semi-soft cheeses. Our perfect pairing recipe is Cajun Pork Bites.
The Playoffs are here!
Wildcard weekend is starting off the NFL playoffs with 6 games (2 Saturday, 3 Sunday, and 1 Monday). A bottle of 2019 Petit Verdot to the Wildcard Weekend winner! Get your entry in before the games begin on Saturday.
Week 18 Winner is Sara Sketchersid with 14 correct receiving a bottle of 2019 Roussanne.
Important Date(s) This Week
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30): January 13th, Joel Rapaport
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team