20230104 Get Bent Newsletter Volume 2023-01
Game Night: Bunko Jan 23rd
Bunko is Back!
Monday, January 23rd, 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
What a great way to have fun and get to know your fellow members, guests, and friends! Don’t worry if you have not played before, it is easy to learn!
Ticket includes a glass of wine, snacks, and loads of fun. We will have the snacks when you arrive then play will be begin after we all finish. We will have a mid-game break for cookies, etc. then finish the remainder of the rounds.
January Wine Club Release Party Jan 28th/29th
For our January release parties we have decided to have them inside the Tasting Room in case of bad weather. As a result we are having 3 parties each day instead of two. Get your RSVP Food tickets today. We'll be serving up loaded baked potatoes with either chili, broccoli/cheese sauce, or plain butter.
- Saturday, January 28th, 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Saturday, January 28th, 2:00 to 3:30 pm
- Saturday, January 28th, 4:00 to 5:30 pm
- Sunday, January 29th, 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Sunday, January 29th, 2:00 to 3:30 pm
- Sunday, January 29th, 4:00 to 5:30 pm
The release detail email will be sent out later in the week letting you know of the wine selections for your repective clubs.
We are kicking off the New Year and Mardi Gras celebration with King Cake.
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $8 King Cake
- $12 King Cake with Wine Pairing
- $15 King Cake with Reserve Wine Pairing
We changed the wine of the month and packages.
- *2018* Roussanne TX (bottle retail $32)
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (bottle retail $40)
- 2019 Barbera TX (bottle retail $34)
- 2019 Sangiovese TX (bottle retail $36)
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA (bottle retail $62)
- $20 Tasting of the 5 wines above
- $9 Chardonnay CA (retail $12)
- $9 Petit Verdot TX (retail $12) - Wine of the Month
- $12 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA (retail $18)
- $44 Double Gold Duo (retail $68): 2019 Dolcetto TX, 2019 Viognier TX
- $45 Twin Gold (retail $70): 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX, 2019 Sangiovese TX
- $62 All White, All White, All White (retail $96): *2019* Roussanne TX, 2019 Trebbiano TX, 2019 Viognier TX
- $62 BBQ Buddies (retail $96): 2019 Dolcetto TX, 2019 Tempranillo TX, 2019 Wild Eye Red TX
- $132 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $204): *2018* Roussanne TX, 2018 Chardonnay CA, 2019 Barbera TX, 2019 Sangiovese TX, 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA
Wine of the Month: Petit Verdot
Bottle $25 (retail $40) 37.5% discount
Case only $240 (retail $480 - 50% discount ($20 per bottle)
Petite Verdot is a Bordeaux varietal historically used for blending, due to its assertive tannins and color, but we prefer to let the varietal stand on its own instead of blending it. We harvest our Petit Verdot from the Texas High Plains where the warm weather favors this varietal, yielding more blueberry jam notes. The tasting notes are: Full-bodied red with subtle hints of violets and sage on the nose. Lending to a jammy blueberry start with tannins you can chew on. This Petit Verdot pairs well with rich meat dishes, grilled steak, spicy pork, veal, lamb, game and sausage as well as hard and semi-soft cheeses. Our perfect pairing recipe is Cajun Pork Bites.
This is the last week of the regular season!
You can still get in on the fun and prizes even if you did not play each week! Join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of of the designated game for the tiebreaker.
- Week 1: 2021 Rosé - Dave Treacy with 11 correct.
- Week 2: 2021 Riesling - Sister Winemaker (Marilee Catalano) with 12 correct
- Week 3: 2019 Sangiovese - Erin Hiserote with 12 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 4: 2018 Chardonnay - Jenn Love with 13 correct
- Week 5: 2019 Dolcetto - Debbie Booher with 13 correct
- Week 6: 2019 Sauvignon Blanc - Roger Parkhouse with 10 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 7: 2019 Texas Cabernet Sauvignon - Corey Houston with 11 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 8: 2019 Trebbiano - Laura Brown with 14 correct
- Week 9: 2019 Barbera - Jill Clary with 11 correct
- Week 10: 2019 Viognier TX - Laura Brown with 12 correct
- Week 11: 2019 Aglianico TX - Sister Winemaker (Marilee Catalano) with 12 correct
- Week 12: 2019 Blanc du Bois - Calvin Lake with 12 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 13: 2019 Tempranillo - Roger Martinez with 13 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 14: 2018 Lone Star Cuvée - Roger Parkhouse with 10 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 15: 2019 Wild Eye Red - Jeff Hoskins with 13 correct
- Week 16: *2018* Roussanne - Calvin Lake with 13 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 17: 2018 Zinfandel - Craig Pritzlaff with 13 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 18: 2019 Roussanne - TBD
Check out these important dates!
Smooth Sax Sunday (2:00-4:45):
January 8th, Rodney Howell
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30):
January 6th, Heath Ham
January 13th, Joel Rapaport
January 20th, Sonya Jevette
January 27th, Jazz Daddies
Upcoming Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties:
2023 Q1 - January 28th/29th
2023 Q2 - April 15th-16th
2023 Q3 - July 8th-9th
2023 Q4 - October 28th-29th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team