20221228 Weekly News Splash and Happy New Year
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! We will have "shortened hours" for New Year's Eve and will be closed on New Year's Day. Make a reservation to come in and enjoy Salmon Deviled Eggs with a glass of sparkling wine to get your New Year's Eve started early. Walk-ins are available on a limited basis and online ordering with curbside pickup works, too!
- Wednesday, 12/28, 1:00-7:00 PM
- Thursday, 12/29, 1:00-7:00 PM
- Friday, 12/30, 1:00-7:00 PM
- Saturday, 12/31, New Years Eve - 1:00-5:00 PM Holiday Hours
- Sunday, 01/01, New Years Day - Closed
Oct Release Orders to Ship on Friday, Dec 30th
Club members: Shipping will be billed on Wednesday, Dec 28th. Orders will be packed up on Wednesday and Thursday then shipped on Friday afternoon, Dec 30. You can still pick up your wine by Friday at 4pm and the shipping charges will be refunded once picked up. Otherwise, orders will be picked up by UPS on Friday afternoon at 4 pm.
Bryan is helping us get the New Year celebration started with his famous Salmon Deviled Eggs. They are oh so good by themselves but also pair very well with our Lone Star Cuvée.
Specials for Friday and Saturday:
- $8 Salmon Deviled Eggs
- $12 Salmon Deviled Eggs with Wine Pairing
We changed the wine by the glass and added more specials for the new year celebration.
- *2018* Roussanne TX (bottle retail $32)
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (bottle retail $40)
- 2019 Barbera TX (bottle retail $34)
- 2019 Sangiovese TX (bottle retail $36)
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA (bottle retail $62)
- $20 Tasting with a logo glass
- $15 Tasting without a logo glass
- $9 Chardonnay CA (retail $12)
- $9 Aglianico TX (retail $12)
- $12 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA (retail $18)
New Year's Specials:
- 2018 TX Lone Star Cuvée $27 (retail $46) 41% off
- $23 each for 3 or more bottles (50% off)
- 2018 CA Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve $37 (retail $62) 40% off
- $31 each for 3 or more bottles (50% off)
- 20% off merchandise
- $44 Double Gold Duo (retail $68): 2019 Dolcetto TX, 2019 Viognier TX
- $45 Twin Gold (retail $70): 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX, 2019 Sangiovese TX
- $66 Dreaming of a White Christmas (retail $102): *2019* Roussanne TX, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX, 2019 Viognier TX
- $113 We Three Kings (retail $174): 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA, 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA, 2018 Zinfandel CA
- $132 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $204): *2018* Roussanne TX, 2018 Chardonnay CA, 2019 Barbera TX, 2019 Sangiovese TX, 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA
Case Specials (while supplies last):
- $276 ($23btl) Case 12 Bottles of Christmas (all Texas) (retail $460/$38 btl avg)
- $372 ($31btl) Case 2018 CA Cab Sauv Reserve (retail $744/$62btl)
- $240 ($20btl) Case 2018 CA Chardonnay (retail $480/$40btl)
- $300 ($25btl) Case 2018 CA Zinfandel (retail $600/$50btl)
- $276 ($23btl) Case 2018 Lone Star Cuvee (retail $552/$46btl
- $192 ($16btl) Case 2018 Roussanne (retail $384/32btl)
- $204 ($17btl) Case 2018 Sauvignon Blanc (retail $408/$34btl)
- $204 ($17btl) Case 2018 Vesenillo (retail $408/$34btl)
- Flat Rate Shipping (<=3 bottles $10, 4-6 bottles $15, >6 bottles $25)
- $5 for all Event T-Shirts such as the Grape Stomp or Pick up parties
- $8 Jar of Turkish Olives (retail $11)
- $5 Jar of Turkish Olive Paste (retail $7) Like Tapenade but just olives
- Turkish Olive Oil
- Extra Virgin Organic 25.5 oz $15 (retail $22)
- Extra Virgin Organic 34 oz $20 (retail $28)
- Extra Virgin 500ML $7 (retail $11)
- Extra Virgin 1L $10 (retail $16)
- $3 Turkish Dipping Spices (retail $5)
WINE OF THE MONTH
Bottle $30 (retail $48) 37.5% discount
Case only $300 (retail $576) - 48% discount ($25 per bottle)
The Aglianico is coming into its own and will be a great addition to your Christmas holiday dinner or entertaining activities. The tasting notes are: Hints of earth, tobacco and fig jam on the nose yielding to a complex, almost brooding, earthiness, with dried fig, and leathery tannic finish balanced by nice acidity on the finish. This Aglianico pairs well with BBQ meats, lamb, hearty dishes. Our perfect pairing recipe is Lip-Smackin' Oven Brisket.
Are you ready for some football?
You can still get in on the fun and prizes even if you did not play each week! Join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. Get your entry in before the Thursday night game and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday).
- Week 1: 2021 Rosé - Dave Treacy with 11 correct.
- Week 2: 2021 Riesling - Sister Winemaker (Marilee Catalano) with 12 correct
- Week 3: 2019 Sangiovese - Erin Hiserote with 12 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 4: 2018 Chardonnay - Jenn Love with 13 correct
- Week 5: 2019 Dolcetto - Debbie Booher with 13 correct
- Week 6: 2019 Sauvignon Blanc - Roger Parkhouse with 10 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 7: 2019 Texas Cabernet Sauvignon - Corey Houston with 11 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 8: 2019 Trebbiano - Laura Brown with 14 correct
- Week 9: 2019 Barbera - Jill Clary with 11 correct
- Week 10: 2019 Viognier TX - Laura Brown with 12 correct
- Week 11: 2019 Aglianico TX - Sister Winemaker (Marilee Catalano) with 12 correct
- Week 12: 2019 Blanc du Bois - Calvin Lake with 12 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 13: 2019 Tempranillo - Roger Martinez with 13 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 14: 2018 Lone Star Cuvée - Roger Parkhouse with 10 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 15: 2019 Wild Eye Red - Jeff Hoskins with 13 correct
- Week 16: *2018* Roussanne - Calvin Lake with 13 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 17: 2018 Zinfandel - TBD
Check out these important dates!
Smooth Sax Sunday (2:00-4:45):
January 8th, Rodney Howell
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30):
December 30th, James Hearne
Upcoming Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties:
2023 Q1 - January 28th/29th
2023 Q2 - April 15th-16th
2023 Q3 - July 8th-9th (inside the Tasting Room)
2023 Q4 - October 28th-29th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team