20221214 Weekly News Splash & Day 4 of 12
Raffle Ticket for a Holiday Basket
Last two days to get your tickets before the drawing tomorrow!
Join us in supporting the Central Texas Food Bank by purchasing a raffle ticket for one of Mrs. Winemaker's famous gift baskets. The raffle winner will be selected on December 15th (after we close) and will be announced in the Day 6 of 12 email.
We will split the ticket sales with the Central Texas Food Bank
$10 each ticket or 3 tickets for $25 (Do not have to be present to win)
Basket Contents: 4 bottles of wine - The Family 4 Pack (2018 Pinot Noir Reserve, 2019 Vioginer TX, 2018 Lone Star Cuvée, and 2018 Vesenillo) - Olive Oil, 2 Stemmed Glasses, and many other goodies put together by Mrs. Winemaker. Total value around $300!
Get your tickets online or in the Tasting Room!
Last Day for Oct Release Pick Up is Dec 18th
Club members don't forget to pick up your wine! This is the last week for pick up. We start shipping next week.
Day 4 of
Bent Oak Winery Christmas Specials
Join us for another day of Bent Oak Winery’s 12 shopping days until Christmas. These should help us all enjoy the holiday season and maybe get some items checked off our shopping lists, too!
We have the following specials *today only*:
- 2021 TX Riesling $17 (retail $28) 40% off
- $14 each for 3 or more bottles (50% off)
- 2019 TX Sangiovese $21 (retail $36) 42% off
- $18 each for 3 or more bottles (50% off)
- 15% off all merchandise
Note: The specials below will run all weekend:
With cooler weather in the forecast, Bryan is making Tuscan Soup for us this week. We can't wait to determine the wine pairing! There might be a clue already in the tasting menu, but one never knows until we taste the food and the wine together!
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $8 Tuscan Soup
- $12 Tuscan Soup with Wine Pairing
Everything is new this week!
- *2018* Roussanne TX (bottle retail $32)
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (bottle retail $40)
- 2019 Barbera TX (bottle retail $34)
- 2019 Sangiovese TX (bottle retail $36)
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA (bottle retail $62)
- $20 Tasting with a logo glass
- $15 Tasting without a logo glass
- $9 Roussanne TX (retail $12)
- $9 Sangiovese TX (retail $12)
- $9 Aglianico TX (retail $12)
- $45 Twin Gold (retail $70): 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX, 2019 Sangiovese TX
- $44 Double Gold Duo (retail $68): 2019 Dolcetto TX, 2019 Viognier TX
- $66 Dreaming of a White Christmas (retail $102): *2019* Roussanne TX, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX, 2019 Viognier TX
- $113 We Three Kings (retail $174): 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA, 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA, 2018 Zinfandel CA
- $132 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $204): 2018 Roussanne TX, 2018 Chardonnay CA, 2019 Barbera TX, 2019 Sangiovese TX, 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA
Case Specials (will supplies last):
- $276 ($23btl) Case 12 Bottles of Christmas (all Texas) (retail $460/$38 btl avg)
- $372 ($31btl) Case 2018 CA Cab Sauv Reserve (retail $744/$62btl)
- $240 ($20btl) Case 2018 CA Chardonnay (retail $480/$40btl)
- $300 ($25btl) Case 2018 CA Zinfandel (retail $600/$50btl)
- $276 ($23btl) Case 2018 Lone Star Cuvee (retail $552/$46btl
- $192 ($16btl) Case 2018 Roussanne (retail $384/32btl)
- $204 ($17btl) Case 2018 Sauvignon Blanc (retail $408/$34btl)
- $204 ($17btl) Case 2018 Vesenillo (retail $408/$34btl)
- Flat Rate Shipping (<=3 bottles $10, 4-6 bottles $15, >6 bottles $25)
- $5 for all Event T-Shirts such as the Grape Stomp or Pick up parties
WINE OF THE MONTH
Bottle $30 (retail $48) 37.5% discount
Case only $300 (retail $576) - 48% discount ($25 per bottle)
The Aglianico is coming into its own and will be a great addition to your Christmas holiday dinner or entertaining activities. The tasting notes are: Hints of earth, tobacco and fig jam on the nose yielding to a complex, almost brooding, earthiness, with dried fig, and leathery tannic finish balanced by nice acidity on the finish. This Aglianico pairs well with BBQ meats, lamb, hearty dishes. Our perfect pairing recipe is Lip-Smackin' Oven Brisket.
Are you ready for some football?
You can still get in on the fun and prizes even if you did not play each week! Join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. Get your entry in before the Thursday night game and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday).
- Week 1: 2021 Rosé - Dave Treacy with 11 correct.
- Week 2: 2021 Riesling - Sister Winemaker (Marilee Catalano) with 12 correct
- Week 3: 2019 Sangiovese - Erin Hiserote with 12 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 4: 2018 Chardonnay - Jenn Love with 13 correct
- Week 5: 2019 Dolcetto - Debbie Booher with 13 correct
- Week 6: 2019 Sauvignon Blanc - Roger Parkhouse with 10 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 7: 2019 Texas Cabernet Sauvignon - Corey Houston with 11 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 8: 2019 Trebbiano - Laura Brown with 14 correct
- Week 9: 2019 Barbera - Jill Clary with 11 correct
- Week 10: 2019 Viognier TX - Laura Brown with 12 correct
- Week 11: 2019 Aglianico TX - Sister Winemaker (Marilee Catalano) with 12 correct
- Week 12: 2019 Blanc du Bois - Calvin Lake with 12 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 13: 2019 Tempranillo - Roger Martinez with 13 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 14: 2018 Lone Star Cuvée - Roger Parkhouse with 10 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 15: 2019 Wild Eye Red - TBD
Check out these important dates!
Smooth Sax Sunday (2:00-4:45):
January 8th, Rodney Howell
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30):
December 16th, Anthony Basini
December 23rd, Shelley Mier
December 30th, James Hearn
Upcoming Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties:
2023 Q1 - January 28th/29th - new date
2023 Q2 - April 15th-16th
2023 Q3 - July 8th-9th (inside the Tasting Room)
2023 Q4 - October 28th-29th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team