20221123 Weekly News Splash: Happy Thanksgiving and Black Friday Specials
Do you still need wine for Thanksgiving Day? We will be open Wednesday from 1:00-5:00 PM for your last-minute purchases. Check out the Thanksgiving packages below for the perfect compliment to your Thanksgiving Dinner!
The Bent Oak Family wishes you and your family a safe and happy Thanksgiving. As we take this opportunity to reflect on the past year, we want to let you know how much we appreciate your being a part of the Bent Oak Winery Family!
We will are closing early Wednesday, will be closed on Thanksgiving Day and will open Black Friday, per normal tasting room hours (1:00-7:00 PM). Don't forget to get your reservation to ensure you get a table. We will have great deals on wine and merchandise throughout the day. See Black Friday sales below so you can plan your "Shop Local" strategy around the Bent Oak Winery sales! Rest up on Thanksgiving Day and come join in the fun on Black Friday!
Don't forget to sign up for Sugar Mamas Cupcake Pairing on December 5th!
Join us on Black Friday to celebrate the start of the holiday shopping season by supporting Local! We have the following specials running throughout the day and our other specials throughout the weekend. In addition to the wine and merchandise sales, we will be serving up a change of pace from Thanksgiving fare with Sister Winemaker's soft pretzel bites and yummy beer cheese dip.
Come on in to get away from the hustle and bustle to enjoy a day of wine! We have music by Jazz Daddies and fun activities, too!
|Reservation Time Slot||Type||Black Friday Specials||Sales Price||Retail Price|
|1:00 to 2:15||Red Wine||2021 Rosé||$17||$28|
|1:00 to 2:15||Red Wine||2021 Rosé and Holiday Box of Rosemary Almonds||$22||$36|
|1:00 to 2:15||Red Wine||2021 Rosé and Jar of Black Olive stuff with Sun Dried Tomato||$23||$39|
|1:00 to 2:15||Red Wine||2018 Case Pinot Noir ($31 a bottle)||$372||$744|
|1:00 to 2:15||White Wine||2021 Riesling||$17||$28|
|1:00 to 2:15||Other||25% off all Merchandise (excluding Olive Oil and Olives)|
|2:30 to 3:45||Red Wine||2019 TX Cabernet Sauvignon||$28||$46|
|2:30 to 3:45||Red Wine||2019 TX Cabernet Sauvignon and Holiday Tin of Sweet & Spicy Pecans||$34||$56|
|2:30 to 3:45||White Wine||2018 Chardonnay||$24||$40|
|2:30 to 3:45||White Wine||2018 Chardonnay and Jar of Sliced Olive Salad||$31||$51|
|2:30 to 3:45||Other||$2 off Food & Wine Special: Soft Pretzels w/Beer Cheese & Mustard with a Glass of Wine||$10||$12|
|4:00 to 5:15||Red Wine||2019 Dolcetto||$19||$32|
|4:00 to 5:15||White Wine||2019 Roussanne||$19||$32|
|4:00 to 5:15||White Wine||2019 Roussanne and Jar of Grilled Olives||$26||$43|
|4:00 to 5:15||Other||$5 off 12 Bottles of Texas Christmas Case||$271||$460|
|5:30 to 6:45||Red Wine||2019 Sangiovese||$22||$36|
|5:30 to 6:45||Red Wine||2019 Sangiovese and 2 Jars of Olives (Beet & Blueberry)||$35||$58|
|5:30 to 6:45||White Wine||2019 Sauvignon Blanc||$20||$34|
|5:30 to 6:45||Other||Any 6 Jars of Olives for less than the price of 5||$50||$66|
|Friday through Sunday Specials (while supplies last)||Sales Price||Retail Price|
|2018 Case Chardonnay||$240||$480|
|2018 Case Sauvignon Blanc||$204||$408|
|2018 Case Roussanne||$192||$384|
|2018 Case Zinfandel||$300||$600|
|2018 Case Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA||$372||$744|
|2018 Case Lone Star Cuvée||$276||$552|
|2018 Case Vesenillo||$204||$408|
|12 Bottles of Texas Christmas Case||$276||$460|
|Buy 4 or more bottles of wine and get a Turkish EVOO 500ML with Turkish dipping spices as a gift|
|2021 Rosé and Holiday Box of Rosemary Almonds||$25||$36|
|2019 TX Cabernet Sauvignon and Holiday Tin of Sweet & Spicy Pecans||$40||$56|
|20% of all Merchandise (not already on sale)|
|Any 6 Jars of Olives for price of 5||$55||$66|
|Jar of Turkish Olive Paste (like Tapenade, but just olives)||$5||$7|
|Turkish Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 25.5 oz||$15||$22|
|Turkish Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 34 oz||$20||$28|
|Turkish Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ML||$7||$11|
|Turkish Extra Virgin Oilve Oil 1L||$10||$16|
|Sister Winemaker's Montreal Seasoning||$3||$5|
|Stemmed Logo Glasses (4)||$31||$48|
|$10 Flat Rate Shipping on 3 bottles or less||$10|
|$15 Flat Rate Shipping on 4 to 6 bottles||$15|
|$25 Flat Rate Shipping on 7 or more bottles||$25|
50/50 Raffle Ticket for a Holiday Basket
Even though Black Friday is a day of shopping, join us in supporting the Central Texas Food Bank by purchasing a raffle ticket for one of Mrs. Winemaker's famous gift baskets. The raffle winner will be announced on December 7th.
We will split the ticket sales 50/50 with the Central Texas Food Bank
$10 each ticket or 3 tickets for $25 (Do not have to be present to win)
Basket Contents: 4 bottles of wine - The Thanksgiving Family 4 Pack (2018 Pinot Noir Reserve, 2019 Vioginer TX, 2018 Lone Star Cuvée, and 2018 Vesenillo) that retails for $178, Olive Oil, 2 Stemmed Glasses, and many other goodies put together by Mrs. Winemaker worth about $300.
Sister Winemaker's soft pretzel bites served with a yummy beer cheese dip & coarse-grain mustard to get us ready for the big football weekend.
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $8 Soft Pretzel Bites with beer cheese dip and coarse-grain mustard
- $12 Soft Pretzel Bites & Wine Pairing
Check out one of our Thanksgiving packages below to accompany your big feast! And of course you'll need some extra wine to make it through the whole weekend with all of the shopping and football parties!
- 2019 Trebbiano TX (bottle retail $28) - NEW RELEASE
- 2019 Viognier TX (bottle retail $36)
- 2019 Barbera TX (bottle retail $34) - NEW RELEASE
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (bottle retail $62)
- 2019 Aglianico TX (bottle retail $48)
- $20 Tasting with a logo glass
- $15 Tasting without a logo glass
- $9 Viognier TX (retail $12)
- $9 Aglianico TX (retail $12)
- $12 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (retail $18)
- $40 TX Do-Si-Do (retail $62): 2019 Barbera TX, 2019 Blanc du Bois TX
- $65 Thanksgiving Zin & Chard PK (retail $100): 2018 Zinfandel CA, 2018 Chardonnay CA
- $69 Thanksgiving CA Friends 2 PK (retail $106): 2018 Pinot Noir CA, 2019 Viognier CA
- $115 Thanksgiving Family 4 PK (retail $178): 2018 Lone Star Cuvee, 2018 Pinot Noir CA, 2019 Viognier TX, 2018 Vesenillo TX
- $135 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $208): 2019 Trebbiano TX, 2019 Viognier TX, 2019 Barbera TX, 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA, 2019 Aglianico TX
- $179 Thanksgiving Love 6 PK (retail $276): 2018 Lone Star Cuvee, 2018 Pinot Noir CA (2), 2019 Viognier TX (2), 2018 Vesenillo TX
WINE OF THE MONTH - $40 (retail $62) - 35% Discount
Of Course, Pinot Noir Reserve
What better way to get ready for Thanksgiving than to get one of the perfect pairings for your Thanksgiving turkey or ham: the Pinot Noir Reserve! Our perfect pairing recipe for this month is a Cherry, Brown Sugar, and Dijon glaze on a Spiral Ham. Both oven and slow cooker (saving your oven for the turkey and ....?) instructions are included.
Case of wine only $450 (retail $744) - 40% discount ($37.50 per bottle)
Sugar Mamas Cupcake Pairing December 5th
Enjoy 5 wonderful pairings of Bent Oak Wine with Sugar Mama's Bakeshop Mini Cupcakes. The Baker and Mr Winemaker will discuss the shared and/or opposing qualities that make each of these pairings perfect.
- 2019 Trebbiano TX - Notorious FIG- honey cake/goat cheese filling/ cream cheese icing/fig caramel/toasted pistachios
- 2019 Viognier TX - Lil’ Gumdrop Mountain- Gingerbread cake/lemon buttercream/ sprinkles/ gingerbread cookie on top
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA - Red velvet Oreo- red velvet cake/ Oreo buttercream/ chocolate fudge drizzle/ topped with a mini Red velvet whoopie pie
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA - Christmas night-chocolate cake/ cherry filling/ almond chocolate buttercream/ almond praline shard
- 2018 Vesenillo TX - Tiramisu- vanilla cake soaked in coffee & liqueur mix/ mascarpone filling/ topped with whipped cream and cocoa powder
Get Tickets HERE: $30 Members and $35 Non-members
Wine with CASA December 6th
Join us for a wine tasting in support of CASA of Williamson County. Limited seating will be available, in the Bent Oak Winery Tasting Room, with tickets available HERE.
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) Program is a nonprofit organization that serves children in Williamson County, TX by training volunteers to become a "child's voice in court." CASA offers children the critical components of consistency and support, enhanced by the comfort of a long-term relationship. The CASA volunteer also known as GAL (Guardian ad Litem) becomes a friend to the child, explaining what is happening, addressing the child's fears, anger, and confusion. A CASA/GAL is a team member working in a collaborative effort with the Judges of Williamson County, the County Attorney's office, Child Protective Services, Attorneys ad Litem, teachers, therapists and other professionals involved in the childs case. We want to bring hope for a brighter future into the child's life.
If you are unable to attend on December 6th, please consider joining Bent Oak Winery in support of CASA with your DONATION.
Houston Rodeo Wine Competition Awards
We didn't win the saddle, but we are very excited with our wines that won 12 awards from the 2023 Houston Rodeo Uncorked International Wine Competition! This year’s competition, held Nov. 11 – 13 at NRG Center, featured 3,071 entries from 18 countries, including Argentina, Bulgaria, France, Israel, Italy, South Africa and Spain. Of those entries, 531 entries were from Texas wineries, and 160 entries came from this year’s featured region, Australia.
Double Gold Medal: 2018 Zinfandel Russian River Reserve (Reserve Class Champion)
Silver Medals: 2019 Sauvignon Blanc (Texas Class Champion), 2019 Roussanne, 2019 Trebbiano, 2019 Viognier Russian River, 2019 Dolcetto
Bronze Medals: 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon Texas High Plains, 2018 Chardonnay, 2019 Sangiovese, 2019 Tempranillo, 2019 Viognier Texas High Plains, 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve Alexander Valley
Are you ready for some football?
You can still get in on the fun and prizes even if you did not play each week! Join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. Get your entry in before the Thursday night game and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday).
- Week 1: 2021 Rosé - Dave Treacy with 11 correct.
- Week 2: 2021 Riesling - Sister Winemaker (Marilee Catalano) with 12 correct
- Week 3: 2019 Sangiovese - Erin Hiserote with 12 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 4: 2018 Chardonnay - Jenn Love with 13 correct
- Week 5: 2019 Dolcetto - Debbie Booher with 13 correct
- Week 6: 2019 Sauvignon Blanc - Roger Parkhouse with 10 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 7: 2019 Texas Cabernet Sauvignon - Corey Houston with 11 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 8: 2019 Trebbiano - Laura Brown with 14 correct
- Week 9: 2019 Barbera - Jill Clary with 11 correct
- Week 10: 2019 Viognier TX - Laura Brown with 12 correct
- Week 11: 2019 Aglianico TX - Sister Winemaker (Marilee Catalano) with 12 correct
- Week 12: 2019 Blanc du Bois - TBD
Check out these important dates!
Smooth Jazz Sunday (2:00-4:45):
December 4th, Rodney Howell
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30):
November 25th, Jazz Daddies on Black Friday
Holiday Hours November 23rd (1:00-5:00 PM) and November 24th (Closed)
Sugar Mama's Cupcake Pairings December 5th (6:30-8:30 PM)
CASA Pocket Party December 6th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Upcoming Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties:
2023 Q1 - January 28th/29th - new date
2023 Q2 - April 15th-16th
2023 Q3 - July 8th-9th (inside the Tasting Room)
2023 Q4 - October 28th-29th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team