20221109 Weekly News Splash
Sip 'n' Shop is November 12th
Last week to get your booth
Get your Christmas shopping done while sipping delicious Bent Oak wine! Local artisans will have their wares on display outside the winery between the hours of 1:00-6:00 PM. Also, you can judge the chili from the Bent Oak team's hotly contested Chili Cook-Off.
There is still some space left for your very own 10x10 booth. We would love to have you! Reserve your space here: /Wines-and-Shop/Event-Tickets.
Let the holiday shopping begin on Saturday!
Last week to get your ticket(s)
BOW-Wow Trivia Night is Monday, November 14th, 6:30 to 8:30 PM. Grab your friends to form a team or join up with a group and make new friends! We will have some wine questions thrown in with various general category questions. We'll be serving up Frito Pie, wine, and fun! Get your tickets today!
Last week to get your ticket(s)
Sugar Mamas Cupcake Pairing December 5th
SAVE THE DATE!
Enjoy 5 wonderful pairings of Bent Oak Wine with Sugar Mama's Bakeshop Mini Cupcakes. The Baker and Mr Winemaker will discuss the shared and/or opposing qualities that make each of the pairings perfect. We are meeting this week to finalize the pairings. Watch for the product to be on our website starting Friday and be the first to get your tickets.
Wine with CASA December 6th
Join us for a wine tasting in support of CASA of Williamson County. Limited seating will be available, in the Bent Oak Winery Tasting Room, with tickets available HERE.
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) Program is a nonprofit organization that serves children in Williamson County, TX by training volunteers to become a "child's voice in court." CASA offers children the critical components of consistency and support, enhanced by the comfort of a long-term relationship. The CASA volunteer also known as GAL (Guardian ad Litem) becomes a friend to the child, explaining what is happening, addressing the child's fears, anger, and confusion. A CASA/GAL is a team member working in a collaborative effort with the Judges of Williamson County, the County Attorney's office, Child Protective Services, Attorneys ad Litem, teachers, therapists and other professionals involved in the childs case. We want to bring hope for a brighter future into the child's life.
If you are unable to attend on December 6th, please consider joining Bent Oak Winery in support of CASA with your DONATION.
In keeping with our traditional Sip'n' Shop food (the Frito Pie) and the Bent Oak Winery internal chili cookoff, we are dishing up Frito Pies all weekend. The Chili Cookoff trash talking has begun but let's see who prevails on Saturday!
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $8 Frito Pie
- $12 Frito Pie & Wine Pairing (Saturday only $10)
Just a few weeks left before the big turkey day and football weekend. Check out our Thanksgiving packages below - we have the perfect wine(s) for your holiday weekend!
- 2019 Trebbiano TX (bottle retail $28) - NEW RELEASE
- 2019 Viognier TX (bottle retail $36)
- 2019 Barbera TX (bottle retail $34) - NEW RELEASE
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (bottle retail $62)
- 2019 Aglianico TX (bottle retail $48)
- $20 Tasting with a logo glass
- $15 Tasting without a logo glass
- $9 Viognier TX (retail $12) (Saturday only $7)
- $9 Aglianico TX (retail $12) (Saturday only $7)
- $12 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (retail $18) (Saturday only $10)
- $40 TX Do-Si-Do (retail $62): 2019 Barbera TX, 2019 Blanc du Bois TX
- $65 Thanksgiving Zin & Chard PK (retail $100): 2018 Zinfandel CA, 2018 Chardonnay CA
- $69 Thanksgiving CA Friends 2 PK (retail $106): 2018 Pinot Noir CA, 2019 Viognier CA
- $115 Thanksgiving Family 4 PK (retail $178): 2018 Lone Star Cuvee, 2018 Pinot Noir CA, 2019 Viognier TX, 2018 Vesenillo TX
- $135 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $208): 2019 Trebbiano TX, 2019 Viognier TX, 2019 Barbera TX, 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA, 2019 Aglianico TX
- $179 Thanksgiving Love 6 PK (retail $276): 2018 Lone Star Cuvee, 2018 Pinot Noir CA (2), 2019 Viognier TX (2), 2018 Vesenillo TX
WINE OF THE MONTH - $40 (retail $62) - 35% Discount
Of Course, Pinot Noir Reserve
What better way to get ready for Thanksgiving than to get one of the perfect pairings for your Thanksgiving turkey or ham: the Pinot Noir Reserve! Our perfect pairing recipe for this month is a Cherry, Brown Sugar, and Dijon glaze on a Spiral Ham. Both oven and slow cooker (saving your oven for the turkey and ....?) instructions are included.
Case of wine only $450 (retail $744) - 40% discount ($37.50 per bottle)
Holiday Virtual Happy Hour
Thursday, November 17 at 6pm
As Harvest 2022 is behind us and our wines are maturing in barrel, we will begin our Virtual Happy Hour series on a monthly basis. The first date is Thursday November 17 at 6pm in which we will discuss the Thanksgiving classics, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Viognier as well as potential varietals that can also be excellent choices.
Here's the LINK
Are you ready for some football?
You can still get in on the fun and prizes even if you did not play each week! Join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. Get your entry in before the Thursday night game and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday).
- Week 1: 2021 Rosé - Dave Treacy with 11 correct.
- Week 2: 2021 Riesling - Sister Winemaker (Marilee Catalano) with 12 correct
- Week 3: 2019 Sangiovese - Erin Hiserote with 12 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 4: 2018 Chardonnay - Jenn Love with 13 correct
- Week 5: 2019 Dolcetto - Debbie Booher with 13 correct
- Week 6: 2019 Sauvignon Blanc - Roger Parkhouse with 10 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 7: 2019 Texas Cabernet Sauvignon - Corey Houston with 11 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 8: 2019 Trebbiano - Laura Brown with 14 correct
- Week 9: 2019 Barbera - Jill Clary with 11 correct
- Week 10: 2019 Viognier TX - TBD
Check out these important dates!
Smooth Jazz Sunday (2:00-4:45):
December 4th, Rodney Howell
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30):
November 11th, Trevor Helt
November 18th, Ella Reid
November 25th, Jazz Daddies on Black Friday
Sip'n'Shop November 12th (1:00-6:00 PM)
Trivia Night November 14th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Holiday Hours November 23rd (1:00-5:15 PM) and November 24th (Closed)
Sugar Mama's Cupcake Pairings December 5th (6:30-8:30 PM)
CASA Pocket Party December 6th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Upcoming Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties:
2023 Q1 - January 28th/29th - new date
2023 Q2 - April 15th-16th
2023 Q3 - July 8th-9th (inside the Tasting Room)
2023 Q4 - October 28th-29th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team