20221026 Weekly News Splash
Tasting Room Closing at 5:00 Friday & through the weekend for October Wine Club Release Parties
Our wine club members will be joining us this weekend for our Fang-tastic Pick Up Parties under the tent between buildings 1 and 2. We will be enjoying wine, music, and pizza cooked onsite in portable pizza ovens.
Members there is still time to get your food tickets to ensure you have a meal when you arrive at your designated party time. Click on one of the time slots below to purchase your food ticket(s) to attend one of the pick up parties (note you will select between the meat or veggie ticket options). Maximum of 2 tickets per membership due to limited seating availability.
39th Annual Lone Star International Wine Competition Awards
The 39th annual wine competition was held on October 12-13, 2022 in historic Grapevine, TX. There were more than 700 unique wine entries from 95 unique companies in four distinguished wine competition divisions—Texas, International, Limited Production, and Wine Label/Packaging.
Bent Oak Winery is honored to receive the following awards:
- 2019 Dolcetto - Best in Class (Texas)
- 2018 Pinot Noir - Best in Class (International)
- 2018 Zinfandel Reserve - Best in Class (International)
- 2019 Blanc du Bois (Texas)
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA - (International)
- 2019 Sangiovese (Texas)
- 2019 Sauvignon Blanc (Texas)
- 2019 Tempranillo (Texas)
- 2019 Trebbiano (Texas)
- 2019 Viognier CA (International)
- 2019 Viognier TX (Texas)
- 2018 Chardonnay (International)
Holiday Craft Night November 7th
Grab your tickets ASAP - only a few left!
Please join us for a great night of fun at our perennial favorite Holiday Craft Night.
This year you will have 2 craft options to make:
- Cork Christmas Tree
- Wood Burning (with non-toxic chemicals!) Project of a serving tray and 2 ornaments.
All materials and instructions are included as well as snacks and a glass of wine, of course! Seats are limited so you'll want to reserve your spot as soon as possible.
Save the Date: Sip 'n' Shop November 12th
Get your Christmas Shopping done while sipping delicious Bent Oak wine! Local businesses & artisans will have their wares on display outside the winery between the hours of 1:00-6:00 PM. Also, you can sample the chili from the Bent Oak team's Chili Cook-Off and get a Frito Pie!
Want to have a booth? Reserve your space here: /Wines-and-Shop/Event-Tickets
BOW-Wow Trivia Night is Monday, November 14th, 6:30 to 8:30 PM. Grab your friends to form a team or join up with a group and make new friends! We will have some wine questions thrown in with various general category questions. Get your tickets today as they always go quickly!
No food specials this week as we are closing early on Friday night and will be closed all day on Saturday and Sunday for the Wine Club October Pick Up Parties.
Food - No Specials
The new tasting menu is showcasing our October Release as we introduce two new wines: 2019 Trebbiano and 2019 Barbera. Additionally, our October Release is getting you ready for the holidays with the wines that go oh so well with your holiday dinners like the Pinot Noir and Viognier (both the Texas and California versions!) Check out our Thanksgiving packages below.
- 2019 Trebbiano TX (bottle retail $28) - NEW RELEASE
- 2019 Viognier TX (bottle retail $36)
- 2019 Barbera TX (bottle retail $34) - NEW RELEASE
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (bottle retail $62)
- 2019 Aglianico TX (bottle retail $48)
- $20 Tasting with a Logo Glass
- $15 Tasting without a Logo Glass
- $9 Trebbiano TX (retail $12) NEW RELEASE
- $9 Barbera TX (retail $12) NEW RELEASE
- $9 Viognier CA (retail $12)
- $40 TX Do-Si-Do (retail $62): 2019 Barbera TX, 2019 Blanc du Bois TX
- $65 Thanksgiving Zin & Chard PK (retail $100): 2018 Zinfandel Reserve CA, 2018 Chardonnay CA
- $69 Thanksgiving CA Friends 2 PK (retail $106): 2018 Pinot Noir CA, 2019 Viognier CA
- $115 Thanksgiving Family 4 PK (retail $178): 2018 Lone Star Cuvee, 2018 Pinot Noir CA, 2019 Viognier TX, 2018 Vesenillo TX
- $135 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $208): 2019 Trebbiano TX, 2019 Viognier TX, 2019 Barbera TX, 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA, 2019 Aglianico TX
- $179 Thanksgiving Love 6 PK (retail $276): 2018 Lone Star Cuvee, 2018 Pinot Noir CA (2), 2019 Viognier TX (2), 2018 Vesenillo TX
WINE OF THE MONTH - $29 (retail $44) - 35% Discount
This is the LAST WEEK for Viognier all day everyday!
What better way to get ready for Thanksgiving than to get one of the perfect pairings for your Thanksgiving turkey which is the Viognier! This special is the California version of our Viognier: the 2019 Russian River Viognier (retail $44). Our perfect pairing recipe for this month is Creamy Shrimp Scampi Rigatoni.
Case of wine only $325 (retail $538) - 40% discount (about $27 per bottle)
Harvest Wrap Up
We wrapped harvest activities last week with getting our Texas red wines into barrel. Winds in the High Plains and early heat, in both Texas and California, made for some harvest surprises with varietals generally coming in light. We were also able to get two new varietals, the Spanish Albarino (white), and the Italian Montipulciano (red). Here is what we processed:
- Texas Viognier: 4 Tons
- (New) Albarino: 2.5 Tons
- Trebbiano: 3 Tons
- Riesling: 1.5 Tons
- Dolcetto: 3.7 Tons
- Mourvedre: 3.6 Tons
- Sangiovese: 3.2 Tons
- Tex Cabernet Sauvignon: 2.8 Tons
- Aglianico: 1.8 Tons
- (New) Montipulciano: 3.5 Tons
- (Cali) Chardonnay: 3 Tons
- (Cali) Zinfandel: 2 Tons
- (Cali) Pinot: 0.25 Tons
Close to 35 tons (34.85 to be exact) are barreled down and will age gracefully over the winter with batonage and top-ups every 3 weeks.
Are you ready for some football?
You can still get in on the fun and prizes even if you did not play each week! Join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. Get your entry in before the Thursday night game and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday).
Note: If you have played in prior years, log in with their existing username and password (you do NOT need to join again). If you can't remember your info you can recover it here: https://www.runyourpool.com/forgot.cfm
- Week 1: 2021 Rosé - Dave Treacy with 11 correct.
- Week 2: 2021 Riesling - Sister Winemaker (Marilee Catalano) with 12 correct
- Week 3: 2019 Sangiovese - Erin Hiserote with 12 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 4: 2018 Chardonnay - Jenn Love with 13 correct
- Week 5: 2019 Dolcetto - Debbie Booher with 13 correct
- Week 6: 2019 Sauvignon Blanc - Roger Parkhouse with 10 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 7: 2019 Texas Cabernet Sauvignon - Corey Houston with 11 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 8: 2019 Trebbiano - TBD
Check out these important dates!
Smooth Jazz Sunday (2:00-4:45):
November 6th, Rodney Howell
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30):
October 28th, Ella Reid (remember we are closing early for a private party)
November 4th, Heath Ham
November 11th, Trevor Helt
November 18th, Ella Reid
November 25th, Jazz Daddies on Black Friday
Holiday Craft Night November 7th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Sip'n'Shop November 12th (1:00-6:00 PM)
Trivia Night November 14th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Upcoming Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties:
2022 Q4 - October 29th-30th
2023 Q1 - January 21st-22nd
2023 Q2 - April 15th-16th
2023 Q3 - July 8th-9th (inside the Tasting Room)
2023 Q4 - October 28th-29th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team