20221018 Weekly News Splash
2022-2023 Wine & Rodeo International Wine Competition Awards
The 13th annual wine competition was held on October 3-5, 2022 and featured over 850 wines from across the United States and around the world. Wineries selected as Top 14 Champion Wines including Grand Champion, Reserve Champion, Best of Herd, Top All Around Winery, Best of Show, Top of Class and Double Gold will be featured during the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo Champion Wine Auction & Dinner scheduled for Nov 17, 2022.
Bent Oak Winery is honored to receive the following awards:
2019 Chardonnay CA - Top of Class
- 2018 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon CA
- 2019 Trebbiano - Texas Class Champion
- 2018 Reserve Zinfandel CA
- 2019 Roussanne
- 2019 Sauvignon Blanc - Texas Reserve Class Champion
- 2019 Viognier CA
- 2019 Dolcetto
- 2019 Sangiovese
- 2019 Tempranillo
- 2019 Viognier TX
This past weekend we wrapped harvest when we pressed off Aglianico and Montepulciano. This coming weekend, we will begin moving red wines into barrel. We'll be doubling the fun by combining barreling with our Grape Stomp at our operations building 18-B. This will be a great opportunity to see where we make our wines and all the equipment involved.
Saturday and Sunday, October 22nd & 23rd, 1:00 - 5:00 PM
(Changed location to the Warehouse Building 18-B).
Please join us for the squishing and stomping at the 5th Annual Harvest Grape Stomp!
- Squishing and stomping the grapes in a barrel or bin (just like on I Love Lucy)
- Recording your stomp by stepping on your tee shirt with your grape juice feet Go home with your commemorative foot-stained tee shirt.
- Plastic logo glass
- Barrel sampling of one varietal
Get Tickets HERE: $25 Members and $30 Non-members
Holiday Craft Night November 7th
Grab your tickets ASAP as they go quickly!
Please join us for a great night of fun at our perennial favorite Holiday Craft Night.
This year you will have 2 craft options to make:
- Cork Christmas Tree
- Wood Burning (with non-toxic chemicals!) Project of a serving tray and 2 ornaments.
All materials and instructions are included as well as snacks and a glass of wine, of course! Seats are limited so you'll want to reserve your spot as soon as possible.
Get Tickets HERE: $40 Members and $45 Non-members
Save the Date: Sip 'n' Shop November 12th
Get your Christmas Shopping done while sipping delicious Bent Oak wine! Local businesses & artisans will have their wares on display outside the winery between the hours of 1:00-6:00 PM. Also, you can sample the chili from the Bent Oak team's Chili Cook-Off and get a Frito Pie!
Want to have a booth? Reserve your space here: /Wines-and-Shop/Event-Tickets
BOW-Wow Trivia Night is Monday, November 14th, 6:30 to 8:30 PM. Grab your friends to form a team or join up with a group and make new friends! We will have some wine questions thrown in with various general category questions. Get your tickets today as they always go quickly!
Get Tickets HERE: $25 Members and $30 Non-members
Mrs. Winemaker is brewing up chicken tortilla soup, but it will be slightly less heat than normal in the Catalano household.
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $8 Mr and Mrs Winemaker's Tequilla Chicken Tortilla Soup
- $12 Mr and Mrs Winemaker's Tequilla Chicken Tortilla Soup & Wine Pairing
This is the last week for this tasting menu and packages!
- 2021 Riesling TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX (4 Gold, 4 Silver, 2 Bronze) (bottle retail $34)
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (2 Silver, 3 Bronze) (bottle retail $40)
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (1 Double Gold, 6 Silver, 3 Bronze) (bottle retail $62)
- 2019 Sangiovese TX (2 Gold, 3 Silver, 4 Bronze) (bottle retail $36)
- $20 Tasting with a Logo Glass
- $15 Tasting without a Logo Glass
- $9 Chardonnay CA (retail $12)
- $9 Sangiovese (retail $12)
- $9 Viognier CA (retail $12)
- $49 Twin Gold (retail $70): 2019 Sangiovese TX, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX
- $58 Triple Digit Heat Beater (retail $84): 3 Bottles of 2021 Riesling TX
- $68 BBQ Buddies (retail $96): Texas 2019s: Dolcetto, Tempranillo, and Wild Eye
- $70 Sparkling, Red & Rosé (retail $106): 2018 Lone Star Cuvee TX, 2019 Dolcetto TX, and 2021 Rosé TX
- $140 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $200): 2021 Riesling TX, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX, 2018 Chardonnay CA, 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA, 2019 Sangiovese TX
WINE OF THE MONTH - $29 (retail $44) - 35% Discount
Viognier all day everyday! (and all month)
As we ring in October, we need to be thinking about getting ready for the holiday season. What better way to get ready for Thanksgiving than to get one of the perfect pairings for your Thanksgiving turkey which is the Viognier! This special is the California version of our Viognier: the 2019 Russian River Viognier (retail $44). Our perfect pairing recipe for this month is Creamy Shrimp Scampi Rigatoni.
Case of wine only $325 (retail $538) - 40% discount (about $27 per bottle)
Are you ready for some football?
You can still get in on the fun and prizes even if you did not play each week! Join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. Get your entry in before the Thursday night game and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday).
Note: If you have played in prior years, log in with their existing username and password (you do NOT need to join again). If you can't remember your info you can recover it here: https://www.runyourpool.com/forgot.cfm
- Week 1: 2021 Rosé - Dave Treacy with 11 correct.
- Week 2: 2021 Riesling - Sister Winemaker (Marilee Catalano) with 12 correct
- Week 3: 2019 Sangiovese - Erin Hiserote with 12 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 4: 2018 Chardonnay - Jenn Love with 13 correct
- Week 5: 2019 Dolcetto - Debbie Booher with 13 correct
- Week 6: 2019 Sauvignon Blanc - Roger Parkhouse with 10 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 7: 2019 Texas Cabernet Sauvignon - TBD
Check out these important dates!
Smooth Jazz Sunday (2:00-4:45):
November 6th, Rodney Howell
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30):
October 21st, Chris Robeson
Grape Stomp October 22nd & 23rd (1:00-5:00 PM)
Holiday Craft Night November 7th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Sip'n'Shop November 12th (1:00-6:00 PM)
Trivia Night November 14th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Upcoming Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties:
2022 Q4 - October 29th-30th
2023 Q1 - January 21st-22nd
2023 Q2 - April 15th-16th
2023 Q3 - July 8th-9th (inside the Tasting Room)
2023 Q4 - October 28th-29th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team