20221005 Get Bent Newsletter 2022-10
Tastes of Smyrna Farms: Turkish Olives Pairing
Tuesday, October 11th 6:30 - 8:30 (doors open at 6:15)
Last week to get your tickets!
Gulay Akkus Nart of Smyrna Farms is back presenting a Turkish olives and wine pairing. Join us for this unique and wonderful event. For those of you who attended our Tour of Turkey event, you know Gulay will thrill us with another awesome evening.
- Sliced Olive Salad with Chardonnay
- Grilled Olives with Roussanne
- Black Olive/Sun dried tomato/Rosemary with Rose
- Blueberry & Beet Olives with Sangiovese
- Turkish Dry Baklava
In addition to the pairings above, you will receive an individual plate of cheese, bread, and olive oil dip to help cleanse your palate in-between pairings.
Get Tickets HERE: $35 members and $40 non-members
Harvest activities are close to wrapping up for this year. Last weekend, we pressed off 3.5 tons of Mourvèdre, 3 tons of Sangiovese, and 2.5 tons of Cabernet Sauvignon. This week, we are doing punchdowns on 1.5 tons of Aglianico and of 3 tons of Montepulciano and will press both off next weekend.
Saturday and Sunday, October 22nd & 23rd, 1:00 - 5:00 PM
(out back of the Tasting Room Building 2-B).
Please note we have changed the date AGAIN for our grape stomp due to all of the harvest activities that have us super busy!
Please join us for the squishing and stomping at the 5th Annual Harvest Grape Stomp!
- Squishing and stomping the grapes in a barrel or bin (just like on I Love Lucy)
- Recording your stomp by stepping on your tee shirt with your grape juice feet Go home with your commemorative foot-stained tee shirt.
- Plastic logo glass
- Barrel sampling of one varietal
Get Tickets HERE: $25 Members and $30 Non-members
Are you ready for some football?
You can still get in on the fun and prizes even if you did not play each week! Join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. Get your entry in before the Thursday night game and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday).
Note: If you have played in prior years, log in with their existing username and password (you do NOT need to join again). If you can't remember your info you can recover it here: https://www.runyourpool.com/forgot.cfm
- Week 1: 2021 Rosé - Dave Treacy with 11 correct.
- Week 2: 2021 Riesling - Sister Winemaker (Marilee Catalano) with 12 correct
- Week 3: 2019 Sangiovese - Erin Hiserote with 12 correct & settled via tiebreaker
- Week 4: 2018 Chardonnay - Jenn Love with 13 correct
- Week 5: 2019 Dolcetto - TBD
Back by request, Sloppy Debeneezers served with chips.
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $8 Sloppy Debeneezers with chips
- $12 Sloppy Debeneezers & Wine Pairing
The wine of the month and glass specials changed this week.
- 2021 Riesling TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX (4 Gold, 4 Silver, 2 Bronze) (bottle retail $34)
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (2 Silver, 3 Bronze) (bottle retail $40)
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (1 Double Gold, 6 Silver, 3 Bronze) (bottle retail $62)
- 2019 Sangiovese TX (2 Gold, 3 Silver, 4 Bronze) (bottle retail $36)
- $20 Tasting with a Logo Glass
- $15 Tasting without a Logo Glass
- $9 Chardonnay CA (retail $12)
- $9 Sangiovese (retail $12)
- $9 Viognier CA (retail 12)
- $49 Twin Gold (retail $70): 2019 Sangiovese TX, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX
- $58 Triple Digit Heat Beater (retail $84): 3 Bottles of 2021 Riesling TX
- $68 BBQ Buddies (retail $96): Texas 2019s: Dolcetto, Tempranillo, and Wild Eye
- $140 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $200): 2021 Riesling TX, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX, 2018 Chardonnay CA, 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA, 2019 Sangiovese TX
WINE OF THE MONTH - $29 (retail $44) - 35% Discount
Viognier all day everyday! (and all month)
As we ring in October, we need to be thinking about getting ready for the holiday season. What better way to get ready for Thanksgiving than to get one of the perfect pairings for your Thanksgiving turkey which is the Viognier! This special is the California version of our Viognier: the 2019 Russian River Viognier (retail $44). Our perfect pairing recipe for this month is Creamy Shrimp Scampi Rigatoni.
Case of wine only $325 (retail $538) - 40% discount (about $27 per bottle)
Check out these important dates!
Smooth Jazz Sunday (2:00-4:45):
November 6th, Rodney Howell
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30):
October 7th, Heath Ham
October 14th, Anthony Basini
October 21st, Joel Rapaport
Bent Oak Winery's 7th Anniversary October 10th
Turkish Olive Experience October 11th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Grape Stomp October 22nd & 23rd (1:00-5:00 PM)
Cork Craft Night November 7th
Sip'n'Shop November 12th
Trivia Night November 14th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Upcoming Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties:
2022 Q4 - October 29th-30th
2023 Q1 - January 21st-22nd
2023 Q2 - April 15th-16th
2023 Q3 - July 8th-9th (inside the Tasting Room)
2023 Q4 - October 28th-29th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but walk-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team