20220907 Weekly News Splash
BOW-Wow Trivia Night is Monday, September 19th, 6:30 to 8:30 PM. Grab your friends to form a team or join up with a group and make new friends! We will have some wine questions thrown in with various general category questions. Get your tickets today as they always go quickly!
Thirsty Thursday Yappy Hour
50/50 Raffle Ticket for a Canine Companions Case worth $448
Bent Oak Winery will split the ticket sales 50/50 with Canine Companions
$10 each ticket or 3 tickets for $25 (Do not have to be present ot win)
Join us in supporting Canine Companions by purchasing a raffle ticket for a chance to win a case (12 bottles) of award winning Bent Oak wine. 6 reds and 6 whites, with 80 medals between them, that retails for $448! The raffle winner will be announced on September 29th at the Yappy Hour Event in the Tasting Room.
- Whites: 2019 Blanc du Bois Texas, 2021 Riesling Texas High Plains, 2018 Chardonnay Chalk Hill, 2019 Viognier Texas High Plains, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Texas High Plains, 2019 Roussanne Texas High Plains
- Reds: 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley Reserve, 2018 Pinot Noir Russian River Reserve, 2018 Zinfandel Sonoma County, 2019 Dolcetto Texas High Plains, 2019 Sangiovese Texas High Plains, 2019 Tempranillo Texas High Plains
Note: We are authorized to ship our wine to California, Florida, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, and Virginia. Anyone can buy a ticket and get your wine!
Concert for Foundations Kenya
Sunday, October 2nd 6:30 (doors open at 6:15)
Enjoy a concert by Kate Garrison to help benefit Foundations Kenya. Ticket price includes a wine tasting and light snacks.
Get your tickets NOW as space is limited!
Harvest Weather Impacted
Cool and rainy weather in the High Plains has slowed our Texas harvest. We did recieve Trebbiano and Riesling late late week. We are hoping for Sangiovese and Mourvedre next week. However, we had plenty of wine chores last week with the barreling of Dolcetto, Viognier, Abarino, and Sauvignon Blanc. We will be barrelling down Viognier this week as we wait on Sangiovese, Mourvedre and Aglianico to completely ripen.
California harvest will be light this year, especially with the drastic heat spike dehydrating grapes. Chardonnay came in on Monday. We expect Viognier by the end of the week and we may make the call to pull in Bertapelle Zinfandel early due to the heat situation.
Postponed due to cool and rainy weather impacting harvest!
Saturday and Sunday, October 1st & 2nd, 1:00 - 5:00 out back of the Tasting Room Building 2-B.
As noted above in the harvest update, harvest has been delayed due to weather issues in the High Plains. As a result we do not have any grapes to stomp just yet so we are moving out our stomp event for about a month. We are tentatively scheduling for the 1st weekend in October, but stayed tuned as we begin to get more information on the status of various grape varietals.
Join us for the squishing and stomping at the 5th Annual Harvest Grape Stomp!
- Squishing and stomping the grapes in a barrel or bin (just like on I Love Lucy)
- Recording your stomp by stepping on your tee shirt with your grape juice feet Go home with your commemorative foot-stained tee shirt.
- Plastic logo glass
- Barrel sampling of one varietal
Are you ready for some football?
Finally the NFL Season is upon us! Join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. A bottle of 2021 Rosé to this weekend's winner! Below is the link to the Week 1 entry form. Get your entry in before the Thursday night game and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday).
If you have played in prior years, log in with their existing username and password (you do NOT need to join again). If you can't remember your info you can recover it here: https://www.runyourpool.com/forgot.cfm
Mr. Winemaker is making up his famous beer brats to help kickoff the NFL season. Hope springs eternal before that first game!
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $8 Beer Brat and chips
- $12 Brat with Wine Pairing
No changes this week!
- 2021 Riesling TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX (4 Gold, 4 Silver, 2 Bronze) (bottle retail $34)
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (2 Silver, 3 Bronze) (bottle retail $40)
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (1 Double Gold, 6 Silver, 3 Bronze) (bottle retail $62)
- 2019 Sangiovese TX (2 Gold, 3 Silver, 4 Bronze) (bottle retail $36)
- $20 Tasting with a Logo Glass
- $15 Tasting without a Logo Glass
- $9 2021 Riesling TX (retail $12)
- $9 2019 Sangiovese TX (retail $12)
- $9 2021 Rosé TX (retail $12) Yay! It's finally ready! We extended 1 more week due to the holiday weekend!
Glasses - Sunday Only for the NFL Favorites:
- $9 Cowboys - Debenezer - 2019 Sangiovese
- $12 Dolphins - Mr. Winemaker - 2018 Zin Reserve
- $9 Dolphins - Sister Winemaker - 2019 Tempranillo
- $9 Packers - Mrs. Winemaker - 2018 Chardonnay
- $12 Texans - Director of Operations - 2018 Cab Reserve
- $49 Twin Gold (retail $70): 2019 Sangiovese TX, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX
- $58 Triple Digit Heat Beater (retail $84): 3 Bottles of 2021 Riesling TX
- $68 Double Gold (retail $98): 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA, 2019 Viognier TX
- $68 BBQ Buddies (retail $96): Texas 2019s: Dolcetto, Tempranillo, and Wild Eye
- $130 Grillin' & Grinnin' (retail $186): 2018 CA Cab and 2019s TX Vio, TX Cab, CA Vio
- $140 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $200): 2021 Riesling TX, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX, 2018 Chardonnay CA, 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA, 2019 Sangiovese TX
- $142 TX Summer 6-Pack (retail $204): 2018 Lone Star Cuvée TX, 2019 Blanc du Bois TX, 2019 Roussanne TX, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX, 2019 Viognier TX, 2021 Riesling TX
WINE OF THE MONTH PACKAGE - $36 corrected to $33 (retail $55):
Yay! Rosé all day! (and all month!)
Not only are we introducing the new wine of the month package special but we are also introducing our new 2021 Rosé (a blend of Sangiovese Rosé and Mourvedre Rosé). The package this month includes a signed bottle of 2021 Rosé by Mr. Winemaker (retail $28), 2 stemmed glasses (retail $24), and a perfect pairing recipe for Harvest Pizza (mozzarella, red grapes, rosemary, gorgonzola, and honey) (retail $3).
Case of wine only $225 (retail $336) (note: case does not include stemmed glasses)
Check out these important dates!
Smooth Jazz Sunday (2:00-4:45):
October 2nd, Rodney Howell
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30):
September 9th, Trevor Helt
September 16th, Jim Monk
September 23rd, Acquired Taste
September 30th, Sonya Jevette
Trivia Night September 19th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Thirsty Thursday Yappy Hour for Canine Companions and DogFest September 29th (4:00-7:00 PM)
Grape Stomp October 1st & 2nd (1:00-5:00 PM)
Concert for Foundations Kenya October 2nd (6:30-8:30 PM)
Trivia Night November 14th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Upcoming Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties:
2022 Q4 - October 29th-30th
2023 Q1 - January 21st-22nd
2023 Q2 - April 15th-16th
2023 Q3 - July 8th-9th (inside the Tasting Room)
2023 Q4 - October 28th-29th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but walk-ins are welcome. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team