20220824 Weekly News Splash
Saturday and Sunday, September 10th & 11th, 1:00 - 5:00 out back of the Tasting Room Building 2-B.
Join us for the squishing and stomping at the 5th Annual Harvest Grape Stomp! This year we put together a package for you that includes the following items:
- Squishing and stomping the grapes in a barrel or bin (just like on I Love Lucy)
- Recording your stomp by stepping on your tee shirt with your grape juice feet
- Bottle of 2018 Roussanne
- Stemmed Logo Glass
Go home with your commemorative foot-stained tee shirt, a bottle of 2018 Roussanne, and a stemmed logo glass to enjoy your Roussanne.
Get Stomp Packages HERE for $50 each
BOW-Wow Trivia Night is Monday, September 19th, 6:30 to 8:30 PM. Grab your friends to form a team or join up with a group and make new friends! We will have some wine questions thrown in with various general category questions. Get your tickets today as they always go quickly!
Get Tickets HERE: $25 Members and $30 Non-members
Texas Harvest Cooled Down
A cooling trend (Can you believe it?) in the high plains has slowed harvest a bit, but we are looking at Sauvignon Blanc, Sangiovese, and Aglianico coming in soon.
July Wine Club Release
Last week to pick up before shipping
For those of you still needing to pick up your wine, here are your options for picking up your wine through Sunday, August 28th:
- You can make a RESERVATION to visit the tasting room Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 12:30-5:00 PM.
- Schedule a Curbside Pickup during normal curbside hours: Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 12:30-5:00 PM. You can schedule your pick up date and time by clicking PICK UP and remain in your car when you arrive in the parking lot. Call or text us at 512-673-8250 and we will deliver your order to your car.
Debbie is stepping in this week with a new recipe she found for an awesome dip. Come try out this warm Pesto Cheese Dip with Tomatoes served on bread. Doesn't that sound like a perfect match for Sangiovese!
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $8 Pesto, Cheese, & Tomato Dip
- $12 Pesto, Cheese, & Tomato Dip with Wine Pairing
We have a new tasting menu this week that we know you are going to love! We are introducing the 2021 Riesling to all customers!
- 2021 Riesling TX (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX (4 Gold, 4 Silver, 2 Bronze) (bottle retail $34)
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (2 Silver, 3 Bronze) (bottle retail $40)
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (1 Double Gold, 6 Silver, 3 Bronze) (bottle retail $62)
- 2019 Sangiovese TX (2 Gold, 3 Silver, 4 Bronze) (bottle retail $36)
- $20 Tasting with a Logo Glass
- $15 Tasting without a Logo Glass
- $9 2021 Riesling TX (retail $12)
- $9 2019 Sangiovese TX (retail $12)
- $49 Twin Gold (retail $70): 2019 Sangiovese TX, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX
- $58 Triple Digit Heat Beater (retail $84): 3 Bottles of 2021 Riesling TX
- $68 Double Gold (retail $98): 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA, 2019 Viognier TX
- $140 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $200): 2021 Riesling TX, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX, 2018 Chardonnay CA, 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA, 2019 Sangiovese TX
- $142 TX Summer 6-Pack (retail $204): 2018 Lone Star Cuvée TX, 2019 Blanc du Bois TX, 2019 Roussanne TX, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX, 2019 Viognier TX, 2021 Riesling TX
Check out these important dates!
Smooth Jazz Sunday (2:00-4:45):
September 4th, Rodney Howell
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30):
August 26th, Shellye Mier
September 2nd, Heath Ham
September 9th, Trevor Helt
September 16th, Jim Monk
September 23rd, Acquired Taste
September 30th, Sonya Jevette
CLOSED LABOR DAY September 5th
Grape Stomp September 10th & 11th (1:00-5:00 PM)
Trivia Night September 19th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Trivia Night November 14th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Upcoming Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties:
2022 Q4 - October 29th-30th
2023 Q1 - January 21st-22nd
2023 Q2 - April 15th-16th
2023 Q3 - July 8th-9th (inside the Tasting Room)
2023 Q4 - October 28th-29th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but walk-ins are welcome. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team