20220817 Weekly News Splash
Bunko is Back!
Monday, August 22nd, 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
What a great way to have fun and get to know your fellow members, guests, & friends! Don’t worry if you have not played before, it is easy to learn!
Ticket includes a glass of wine, light snacks, and loads of fun. We will have the light snacks when you arrive then play will be begin after we all finish. We will have a mid-game break for cookies etc. then finish the remainder of the rounds.
This is the last week and only 7 tickets remain - get your tickets ASAP!
Texas Harvest in Full Swing
We have the following wines in some stage of fermentation in the warehouse:
- Dolcetto Rose
- TX Viognier
- TX High Plains Viognier
Yes, we have 2 Texas Viogniers because we thought we were not getting any grapes then was able to source from 2 different vineyards at the last minute. A cooling trend (Can you believe it?) in the high plains has slowed harvest a bit, but we are looking at Sauvignon Blanc, Sangiovese and Aglianico coming in soon.
July Wine Club Release
Last 2 weeks to pick up before shipping
You will get an email reminder today if you have not picked up yet. Here are your options for picking up your wine through Sunday, August 28th:
- You can make a RESERVATION to visit the tasting room Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 12:30-5:00 PM.
- Schedule a Curbside Pickup during normal curbside hours: Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 12:30-5:00 PM. You can schedule your pick up date and time by clicking PICK UP and remain in your car when you arrive in the parking lot. Call or text us at 512-673-8250 and we will deliver your order to your car.
Bryan is on tap again this week with Hatch Chili Street Corn. Stop by the Tasting Room to taste Bryan's take on this seasonal dish.
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $8 Hatch Chili Street Corn
- $12 Hatch Chili Street Corn with Wine Pairing
This is the last week for this tasting menu! We changed the glass specials and removed the Riesling.
- 2018 Lone Star Cuvée TX (1 Bronze) (bottle retail $46)
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (2 Silver, 3 Bronze) (bottle retail $40)
- 2019 Roussanne TX NEW RELEASE (1 Silver, 2 Bronze) (bottle retail $32)
- 2019 Tempranillo TX (1 Double Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze) (bottle retail $40)
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA (1, Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze) (bottle retail $62)
- $20 Tasting with a Logo Glass
- $15 Tasting without a Logo Glass
- $9 2019 Roussanne TX (retail $12)
- $12 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon CA (retail $12)
- $50 Texas 2-Step (retail $72): 2019 Roussanne TX, 2019 Tempranillo TX
- $68 BBQ Buddies (retail $96): 2019s: Dolcetto, Tempranillo, Wild Eye Red
- $142 TX Summer 6-Pack (retail $204): 2018 Lone Star Cuvée TX, 2019 Blanc du Bois TX, 2019 Roussanne TX, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX, 2019 Viognier TX, 2021 Riesling TX
- $154 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $220): 2018 Lone Star Cuvée TX, 2018 Chardonnay CA, 2019 Roussanne TX, 2019 Tempranillo TX, 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon CA
Check out these important dates!
Smooth Jazz Sunday (2:00-4:45):
September 4th, Rodney Howell
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30):
August 19th, Ella Reid
August 26th, Shellye Mier
BOW-Wow Bunko August 22nd (6:30-8:30 PM)
Grape Stomp September 10th & 11th (1:00-5:00 PM) - stay tuned for tickets
Trivia Night September 19th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Trivia Night November 14th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Upcoming Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties:
2022 Q4 - October 29th-30th
2023 Q1 - January 21st-22nd
2023 Q2 - April 15th-16th
2023 Q3 - July 8th-9th (inside the Tasting Room)
2023 Q4 - October 28th-29th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but walk-ins are welcome. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team