20220809 Weekly News Splash
Austin American Statesman Feature
We were quite surprised and pleased when the Austin American Statesman contacted us to be featured in their entertainment section for local wineries, breweries, distilleries. Check it out!
Bunko is Back!
Monday, August 22nd, 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
What a great way to have fun and get to know your fellow members, guests, & friends! Don’t worry if you have not played before, it is easy to learn!
Ticket includes a glass of wine, light snacks, and loads of fun. We will have the light snacks when you arrive then play will be begin after we all finish. We will have a mid-game break for cookies etc. then finish the remainder of the rounds.
Seating is limited so get your tickets ASAP as they are selling fast!
Texas Harvest in Full Swing
The High Plains harvest kicks off with almost 13 Tons arriving this week!
Albariño - 2.5 Tons, Viognier - 3.2 Tons, Dolcetto - 4 Tons, Sauvignon Blanc - 3 Tons
We are excited to bring you a new varietal in the Albariño and happy to receive some of our popular varietals!
Hey Members: Dry Riesling is Here!
We are extending the member introduction of the 2021 Riesling for one more week! If you missed it last week, you definitely need to stop in this week to check it out! What a great way to beat the heat! Get your bottle today in the Tasting Room or Curbside! Unfortunately, it is too hot to ship wine, but we can take your orders and ship when it gets cooler if you want to get in on the introductory specials!
Riesling is a Rhine varietal that has found a home in Texas. Our Riesling is managed by the Burch Family Vineyards in Friona, Texas. We express our Riesling as a dry-style wine with distinctive floral notes and tastes of rich tropical fruit, apricot, and citrus on the finish.
July Wine Club Release
For those of you still needing to pick up your wine, here are your options for picking up your wine through Sunday, August 28th:
- You can make a RESERVATION to visit the tasting room Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 12:30-5:00 PM.
- Schedule a Curbside Pickup during normal curbside hours: Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 12:30-5:00 PM. You can schedule your pick up date and time by clicking PICK UP and remain in your car when you arrive in the parking lot. Call or text us at 512-673-8250 and we will deliver your order to your car.
Bryan is bringing back that totally awesome Avocado Pie (similar to a Key Lime Pie) that hits the spot on these hot days!
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $8 Avocado Pie
- $12 Avocado Pie with Wine Pairing
No changes this week!
- 2018 Lone Star Cuvée TX (1 Bronze) (bottle retail $46)
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (2 Silver, 3 Bronze) (bottle retail $40)
- 2019 Roussanne TX NEW RELEASE (1 Silver, 2 Bronze) (bottle retail $32)
- 2019 Tempranillo TX (1 Double Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze) (bottle retail $40)
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA (1, Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze) (bottle retail $62)
- $20 Tasting with a Logo Glass
- $15 Tasting without a Logo Glass
- $9 2018 Lone Star Cuvée TX (retail $12)
- $9 2019 Tempranillo TX (retail $12)
- $9 2021 Riesling TX (retail $12) - Members only
- $50 Texas 2-Step (retail $72): 2019 Roussanne TX, 2019 Tempranillo TX
- $58 Triple Digit Heat Beater (retail $84): 3 bottles of 2021 Riesling TX
- $142 TX Summer 6-Pack (retail $204): 2018 Lone Star Cuvée TX, 2019 Blanc du Bois TX, 2019 Roussanne TX, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX, 2019 Viognier TX, 2021 Riesling TX
- $154 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $220): 2018 Lone Star Cuvée TX, 2018 Chardonnay CA, 2019 Roussanne TX, 2019 Tempranillo TX, 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon CA
Case Texas Closeouts:
- $192 Case 2018 Roussanne (retail $384): $16 per bottle vs retail $32 per bottle - 14 cases
- $204 Case 2018 Sauvignon Blanc (retail $408): $17 per bottle vs retail $34 per bottle - 5 cases
- $168 Case 2018 Trebbiano (retail $336): $14 per bottle vs retail $28 per bottle - 1 case
Check out these important dates!
Smooth Jazz Sunday (2:00-4:45):
September 4th, Rodney Howell
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30):
August 12th, Chris Robeson
August 19th, Ella Reid
August 26th, Shellye Mier
BOW-Wow Bunko August 22nd (6:30-8:30 PM)
Trivia Night September 19th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Trivia Night November 14th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Upcoming Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties:
2022 Q4 - October 29th-30th
2023 Q1 - January 21st-22nd
2023 Q2 - April 15th-16th
2023 Q3 - July 8th-9th (inside the Tasting Room)
2023 Q4 - October 28th-29th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table, but walk-ins are welcome. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team