20220706 Get Bent Newsletter 2022-07
Tasting Room Closed Saturday and Sunday
Just a reminder the Tasting Room will close at 5:00 PM on Friday and will be closed the remainder of the weekend. We are hosting the July Wine Club pickup in a tent outside between building 1 and 2 on Saturday and Sunday. Club members get your food tickets below if you have not done so already. If you are just picking up and not getting food, you do not need to purchase a ticket.
July Wine Club Release
Here are your options for picking up your wine during the pick up window of Wednesday, July 6th through Sunday, August 28th.
Pick up wines during one of the following Pick Up Parties from the back door of the Tasting Room (Bldg 2B). Note: You do not have to attend the party to pick up your club release. Also, the Tasting Room is closed this Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday, July 9th, 1:00 to 2:30 pm (maximum of 2 tickets allowed per membership)
Saturday, July 9th, 3:00 to 4:30 pm (maximum of 2 tickets allowed per membership)
Sunday, July 10th, 1:00 to 2:30 pm (maximum of 2 tickets allowed per membership)
Sunday, July 10th, 3:00 to 4:30 pm (maximum of 2 tickets allowed per membership)
Note: We will be serving up Austin Catering's version of island fare (Jerk Chicken or Jerk Veggie Kabobs and Island-styler Rice).
Pick up wines at Tasting Room (Bldg 2B) Wednesday, July 6th through Sunday, August 28th:
You can make a RESERVATION to visit the tasting room Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 12:30-5:00 PM.
Schedule a Curbside Pickup during normal curbside hours: Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 12:30-5:00 PM. You can schedule your pick up date and time by clicking PICK UP and remain in your car when you arrive in the parking lot. Call or text us at 512-673-8250 and we will deliver your order to your car.
The bottling season is upon us with July activities in both California and Texas.
- July 5th through 7th - John and Bryan are in California bottling our reds: Cabernet Sauvignon, both Zinfandels, and Pinot Noir.
- July 19th (Tuesday) and 20th (Wednesday) - all hands on deck for 2 full days of bottling (approximately 1700 cases of both reds and whites). Due to the extreme heat and strenuous activity we will be having shorter work shifts. Note: all volunteer positions are outside, require standing, and lifting cases of wine that weigh up to 40 or 50 pounds. There is no parking at 18B where we are bottling. Below is a link to a video to get an idea of some of the volunteer stations needed during bottling.
TOUR OF TURKEY
Food & Wine Pairing Event
July 26th 6:30 to 8:30
Join us for an evening of fun and education as we learn about Turkish appetizers from Gulay Akkus Nart. Gulay is from Turkey but now lives in Cedar Park and we are excited for you to meet her and taste her wonderful appetizers. We will be sharing the following 5 courses throughout the evening where Gulay will explain the ingredients and traditions around each dish and Mr. Winemaker will be discussing the great wine pairings for each course.
- Kisir (Turkish version of Tabouli) with lettuce paired with Sauvignon Blanc
- Havuc Meze (Carrot Dish), Humus, and Cacik (Turkish version of Tzatziki) served with pita bread paired with Chardonnay
- Kofte (meatballs) and Piyaz (white bean salad) paired with Wild Eye Red Blend
- Beyaz Peynir (white cheese similar to Feta) with Incir (Fig) paired with Aglianico
- Tahin Pekmez (tahini and grape molasses) paired with California Cabernet Sauvignon
GET YOUR TICKETS HERE ($35 Members/$40 Non-Members)
It's a short week since we are closed on Saturday and Sunday for the July Wine Club pick up parties.
Specials for Friday only:
- $8 Bread & Olive Oil infused with Dipping Spices
- $12 Bread & Olive Oil with Wine Pairing
Everything changes this week to be in line with the rollout of our July release.
- 2018 Lone Star Cuvee TX (1 Bronze) (bottle retail $46)
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (2 Silver, 3 Bronze) (bottle retail $40)
- 2019 Roussanne TX NEW RELEASE (1 Silver, 2 Bronze) (bottle retail $32)
- 2019 Tempranillo TX (1 Double Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze) (bottle retail $40)
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon CA (1, Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze) (bottle retail $62)
- $20 Tasting with a Logo Glass
- $15 Tasting without a Logo Glass
- $9 2019 Roussanne TX - NEW RELEASE (retail $12)
- $9 2019 Tempranillo TX (retail $12)
- $47 Grillin' Complements (retail $67): 18 CA Cab & Sister Winemaker's Montreal Steak Seasoning
- $50 Texas 2 Step (retail $72): 19 Roussanne (NEW RELEASE), 19 Tempranillo, TX
- $154 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $220): 18 Lone Star Cuvee TX, 18 Chardonnay CA, 19 Roussanne (NEW RELEASE) TX, 19 Tempranillo TX, 18 Cabernet Sauvignon CA
Check out these important dates!
Smooth Jazz Sunday (2:00-4:45):
August 7th, Rodney Howell
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30):
July 15th, Alicia Adkins
July 22nd, Trevor Helt
July 29th, Sid Grimes
Tour of Turkey via Appetizers Event July 26th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Trivia Night September 19th (6:30-8:30 PM)
Trivia Night November 14th (6:30-8:30 PM)
2022 Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties:
Q3 - July 9th-10th
Q4 - October 29th-30th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team