20220427 Weekly News Splash
Spring Fling Saturday (4/30) 1:00 - 6:00
Spring Fling is almost here and we are all getting excited about all the cool activities we have in store for everyone. The mini-Sip n Shop will be between buildings 2 and 3 (on the right of the building as you face the front door of the Tasting Room. Our kids will be washing cars out back of the Tasting Room for our first Sip n Shine. And finally, our games will be on the left side of the Tasting Room building for our Sip n Play. We will be running 3 games (Cornhole, Ring Toss, and Bucket Ball) either in a tournament format or ad hoc depending on interest. If you are serious and want to be in the tournament format or just want to have fun, please let us know by completing this: ENTRY FORM
Get a RESERVATION for the Tasting Room while you get your car washed or wait for family members to shop or play games! We will have some limited outside seating as well for the game watchers and participants.
Sugar Mama's Bakeshop Cupcake Pairing May 23rd
We are excited to introduce a unique wine pairing event with Sugar Mama's Bakeshop. A pairing of 5 of their delicious mini cupcakes with our award-winning wines. The Baker and Mr Winemaker will discuss the shared and/or opposing qualities that make each of these pairings perfect:
- 2019 Texas Blanc du Bois - Coconut cake/passion fruit curd filling/cream cheese buttercream/topped with candy pineapple (Summer Feels)
- 2019 Texas Sauvignon Blanc - Lemon cake/champagne sabayon filling/juniper buttercream (French 75)
- 2019 Texas Cabernet Sauvignon - Chocolate cake/ chocolate buttercream (James Brown)
- 2018 California Cabernet Sauvignon - Chocolate cake/blackberry wine compote/wine buttercream (Catalina Wine Mixer)
- 2018 California Zinfandel Reserve -Red velvet cake /cream cheese buttercream (Angelina)
At the event, Sugar Mama's will be bringing along full -sized versions of their cupcakes for you to purchase and take home.
Get your ticket today as they are going fast at $30 members/$35 non-members!
April Wine Club Release Pick Up
Members: For those of you who still have not picked up your April Release Wine, you can pick up anytime in the Tasting Room or curbside during normal operating hours now through Sunday, May15th.
- You can make a RESERVATION to visit the tasting room Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 12:30-5:00 PM.
- Schedule a Curbside Pickup during normal curbside hours: Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 12:30-5:00 PM. You can schedule your pick up date and time by clicking PICK UP and remain in your car when you arrive in the parking lot. Call or text us at 512-673-8250 and we will deliver your order to your car.
We are serving up hot dogs this week as we are keeping it simple for the Spring Fling.
Specials for Friday, Saturday, & Sunday:
- $8 Hog Dog with Chips
- $12 Hot Dog with Wine Pairing
Changed the packages this week.
- 2019 Blanc du Bois TX (NEW RELEASE) (3 Gold, 4 Silver, 2 Bronze) (bottle retail $28)
- 2018 Trebbiano TX (3 Bronze) (bottle retail $28)
- 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX (4 Gold, 4 Silver, 2 Bronze) (bottle retail $34)
- 2019 Sangiovese TX (2 Gold, 3 Silver, 4 Bronze) (bottle retail $36)
- 2018 Zinfandel CA (2 Gold, 2 Silver, 1 Bronze) (bottle retail $50)
- $20 Tasting with a Logo Glass
- $15 Tasting without a Logo Glass
- $9 2018 Trebbiano TX
- $9 2018 Sangiovese TX
- $49 Twin Gold (retail $70): 19 Sangiovese and 19 Sauvignon Blanc
- $68 Double Gold (retail $98): 18 Pinot Noir Reserve and 19 TX Viognier
- $123 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $176): 19 Blanc du Bois TX, 18 Trebbiano TX, 19 Sauvignon Blanc TX, 19 Sangiovese TX, 18 Zinfandel CA
No Virtual Happy Hour This Week
Mr Winemaker will be back next week discussing the hybrid varietal Blanc du Bois.
Check out these important dates!
Smooth Jazz Sunday (2:00-4:45):
May 1st, Rodney Howell
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30):
April 29th, Angela Banks
May 6th, Heath Ham
May 13th, Trevor Helt
May 20th, Ella Reid
May 27th, Jazz Daddies
Spring Fling April 30th (1:00-6:00 PM)
Cupcake & Wine Pairing Event May 23rd (6:30-8:30 PM)
CLOSED Memorial Day May 30th
2022 Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties:
Q3 - July 9th-10th
Q4 - October 29th-30th
Reservations are recommended to ensure you get a table. Online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team