20220216 Weekly News Splash
The situation continues to improve but Travis & Williamson Counties are both reporting COVID-19 Community Spread at high levels. Please wear a mask until your order is taken and anytime you leave the table.
SUPER BOWL CONTEST WINNERS
The NFL Pick 'em winner, Melissa Beaver, receives a bottle of 2018 CA Zinfandel Reserve.
The NFL Super Bowl Squares game allowed for a winner at the end of each quarter:
- Q1 = 2018 Sauvignon Blanc = No winner (no one had that square)
- Q2 = 2019 Wild Eye Red = Gail and Joyce Fitzgerald
- Q3 = 2018 TX Viognier = No winner (no one had that square)
- Q4 = 2018 CA Zinfandel Reserve = Gail and Joyce Fitzgerald
The Sunday Tasting Room Questions Pool winner, Bryan Avant, receives a bottle of 2018 CA Zinfandel Reserve.
Thanks to all who participated and we hope you enjoyed all the contests!
WINE & PAINTING EVENT
Join us on Monday, February 21st at 6:30 for our first event of the year. Wine club member, Zenovia DeCuir, returns with instruction as you paint on canvas while sipping some Bent Oak wine. Limited to the first 30 people! Get your tickets HERE!
- Members $45/Non-members $50
- 48-hour cancellation policy
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 6 Chicken Pot Pie
- $10 Chicken Pot Pie with Wine Pairing
The glasses changed this week.
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (2 Silver, 3 Bronze) (bottle retail $34)
- 2018 Roussanne TX (2 Silver, 1 Bronze) (bottle retail $26)
- 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon TX (None Yet!) (bottle retail $38)
- 2019 Petit Verdot TX (None Yet!) (bottle retail $34)
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon CA (1 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze) (bottle retail $52)
- $7 2018 Roussanne TX
- $7 2019 Petit Verdot TX
- $45 2V Wine Therapy (retail $64): 19 Petit Verdot and 19 TX Viognier
- $130 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $184): 18 Chardonnay, 18 Roussanne, 19 Cabernet Sauvignon TX, 19 Petit Verdot, 18 Cabernet Sauvignon CA
January Wine Club Pick ups
Pick up your wines in the Tasting Room (Bldg 2B) between now and Sunday, March 6th:
- You can make a RESERVATION to visit the tasting room Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 12:30-5:00 PM.
- Schedule a Curbside Pickup during normal curbside hours: Sunday through Tuesday 1:00-5:00 PM or Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00PM. You can schedule your pick up date and time by clicking PICK UP and remain in your car when you arrive in the parking lot. Call or text us at 512-673-8250 and we will deliver your order to your car.
Virtual Happy Hour This Week @ 5 pm Friday!
Zoom link is: https://zoom.us/j/87612755985
Mr Winemaker will be discussing Petit Verdot.
Check out these important dates!
King Cake Weekend February 25th - 27th
Smooth Jazz Sunday (2:00-5:00):
March 6th, Rodney Howell
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30):
February 18th, Ella Reid
February 25th, Jazz Daddies
2022 Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties:
Q2 - April 9th-10th
Q3 - July 9th-10th
Q4 - October 29th-30th
Reservations are recommended and online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team