20220126 Weekly News Splash
Travis & Williamson Counties are both reporting COVID-19 Community Spread at their highest levels. Please wear a mask until your order is taken and anytime you leave the table.
CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC THIS WEEKEND
TO HOST WINE CLUB PICK UP PARTIES
The Tasting Room is closing early on Friday night and will be closed for the remainder of the weekend. We are hosting our Wine Club Release Parties outside in the tent between Building 1 and Building 2. Club members please join us for wine, music, and Smokey Mo's BBQ. If you do not have your tickets yet see below for the different party options and the link to do so. Friday by 5 pm is the last chance to get your food tickets and guarantee a seat and food at one of the parties. You can get tickets at the tent on Saturday and Sunday but we cannot guarantee there will be a seat or food if you do not get your tickets in advance.
2022 San Franscisco Chronicle Awards
The medals were flowing and our wines were showing well at the 22nd Annual San Francisco Chronicle Competition held at the Cloverdale Citrus Fair January 11—14, 2022. Featuring only wines from the US, Canada and Mexico, it is the largest wine competition held on US soil.
Gold: 2018 Zinfandel Sonoma County
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve Alexander Valley
- 2020 Chardonnay Chalk Hill
- 2019 Dolcetto Texas High Plains
- 2019 Trebbiano Texas High Plains
- 2019 Pinot Noir Reserve Russian River Valley
- 2019 Roussanne Texas High Plains
- 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Texas High Plains
- 2019 Viognier Russian River Valley
- 2019 Blanc du Bois Texas
- 2018 Zinfandel Reserve Russian River Valley
Bronze: 2019 Sangiovese Texas High Plains
Specials for Friday:
- $ 6 Bread with olive oil & dipping spices
- $10 Bread and dipping oil with Wine Pairing
The tasting menu changes this week as we align with the wines in the January wine club release.
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (2 Silver, 3 Bronze) (bottle retail $34)
- 2018 Roussanne TX (2 Silver, 1 Bronze) (bottle retail $26)
- 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon TX (None Yet!) (bottle retail $38)
- 2019 Petit Verdot TX (None Yet!) (bottle retail $34)
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon CA (1 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze) (bottle retail $52)
- $7 2018 Chardonnay CA
- $7 2019 Petit Verdot TX (new release)
- $45 2V Wine Therapy (retail $64): 19 Petit Verdot and 19 TX Viognier
- $130 Tasting Fab 5 (retail $184): 18 Chardonnay, 18 Roussanne, 19 Cabernet Sauvignon TX, 19 Petit Verdot, 18 Cabernet Sauvignon CA
January Wine Club Release Parties
Wine club members: here are your options for picking up your wine during the pick up window of Wednesday, January 26th through Sunday, March 6th.
- Pick up wines during one of the following Pick Up Parties from the back door of the Tasting Room (Bldg 2B). Note: You do not have to attend the party to pick up your club release. Also, the Tasting Room is closed this Saturday and Sunday.
- Saturday, January 29th from 1:00-2:30 PM - Tickets available
- Saturday, January 29th from 3:00-4:30 PM - Tickets available
- Sunday, January 30th from 1:00-2:30 PM - Tickets available
- Sunday, January 30th from 3:00-4:30 PM - Tickets available
- If you haven't reserved your seats (maximum of 2) already, Click HERE for up to two food tickets and attend one of the parties above.
- We will be serving Smokey Mo's chopped beef sandwiches. If you want the meatless option (baked potato) let us know by Clicking HERE.
- Pick up wines at Tasting Room (Bldg 2B) Wednesday, January 26th through Sunday, March 6th:
- You can make a RESERVATION to visit the tasting room Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 12:30-5:00 PM.
- Schedule a Curbside Pickup during normal curbside hours: Sunday through Tuesday 1:00-5:00 PM or Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00PM. You can schedule your pick up date and time by clicking PICK UP and remain in your car when you arrive in the parking lot. Call or text us at 512-673-8250 and we will deliver your order to your car.
No Virtual Happy Hour This Week!
We'll be back in a few weeks with education and fun!
The Playoffs are here!
The Divisional Playoff games were exciting and saw 3 of the 4 underdogs win. We had a tie of 5 people with 3 correct. Heather DeVolder won the tiebreaker and a bottle of 2019 TX Dolcetto. Heather, please stop by the tasting room to pick up your bottle of wine.
This week is the Conference Championships with 2 games on Sunday. A bottle of 2018 TX Viognier to the winner this week! Get your entry in before the games begin on Sunday.
Bent Oak Winery NFL You Pick 'Em Game
Check out these important dates!
Smooth Jazz Sunday (2:00-5:00):
February 6th, Rodney Howell
Wine Down Fridays (3:30-6:30):
January 28th, James Hearne (we are closing at 5:00 for a private event)
Reservations are recommended and online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team