20211215 Weekly News Splash and Day 5 of 12 BOW Shopping Specials
We ask those who have not yet been fully vaccinated to please wear a mask.
The 5th Day of Bent Oak Christmas Specials
Today is the 5th of Bent Oak Winery’s 12 shopping days until Christmas. These specials should help us all enjoy the holiday season and maybe get some items checked off our shopping lists, too!
We have the following specials *today only*:
- $18 2018 TX Viognier (retail $28) 36% off
- $18 2018 TX Vesenillo (retail $28) 36% off
- 40% off Leather Wine Bags
- Hand Sanitizer $2 (retail $5) - great stocking stuffer!
- Aerating Pourer $20 (retail $29)
Stay Tuned: On Saturday we will have the ugly Christmas sweater contest. Start working on or shopping for your ugly Christmas sweater.
Sister Winemaker is making her "Goofy Good" Gourmet Ham Sandwiches. Come on in and check 'em out!
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 6 Ham Sandwich with chips
- $10 Ham Sandwich/chips with Wine Pairing
New glass and package specials for this week! We know Thanksgiving is over but these package specials are so appropriate for any holiday we are bringing them back for this week only for pairings with your holiday dinners!
- 2018 Blanc du Bois TX (1 Judge's Choice, 1 Silver, 3 Bronze)
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (2 Silver, 3 Bronze)
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (1 Double Gold, 6 Silver, 3 Bronze)
- 2019 Wild Eye Red TX (None Yet!)
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA Alexander Valley (1 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Bronze)
- $7 2018 Chardonnay CA
- $7 2019 Wild Eye Red TX
- $49 Twin Gold (retail $70): 2019 Aglianico and Sangiovese
- $57 Zin to Win (retail $92): 2018s Zin and Zin Reserve
- $58 Double Gold Duo (retail $82): 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve and '19 Viognier TX
- $58 Thanksgiving Zin & Chard PK (retail $84): 18s Zin Reserve & Chardonnay
- $61 Thanksgiving CA Friends 2 PK (retail $88): 18 Pinot Noir Reserve & 19 Viognier CA
- $100 Thanksgiving Family 4 PK (retail $146): 18 Pinot Noir Reserve, 19 Viognier TX, 18 Lone Star Cuvee, & 18 Vesenillo
- $154 Thanksgiving Love 6 PK (retail $226): 18 Pinot Noir Reserve (2), 19 Viognier TX (2),18 Lone Star Cuvee, & 18 Vesenillo
- $295 12 Gold Bottles of Christmas and Decorated Box (retail $451) - All 12 Bottles are of wines that have won, at a minimum, gold medals. The perfect gift for the person who has everything and you haven't a clue what to get them! Comes in a nicely decorated and sturdy box with easy carrying hand holes. Each bottle has a tag with the number of the day, tasting notes, food pairing recommendations, and medals won.
- On the first day: a corkscrew and a 2018 Sauvignon Blanc Texas HIgh Plains (1 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Bronze Medals) in a Bent Oak Winery tree
- On the second day: a 2019 Dolcetto Texas High Plains (1 Gold, 4 Silver, 4 Bronze Medals)
- On the third day: a 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Texas HIgh Plains (1 Platinum, 3 Gold, 3 Silver, 2 Bronze Medal)
- On the fourth day: a 2019 Sangiovese Texas High Plains (2 Gold, 3 Silver, 3 Bronze Medals)
- On the fifth day: a 2018 Viognier Texas High Plains (1 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze Medals)
- On the sixth day: a 2019 Tempranillo Texas High Plains (1 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze Medals)
- On the seventh day: a 2019 Viognier Texas High Plains (1 Double Gold, 3 Gold, 2 Silver, 3 Bronze Medals)
- On the eighth day: a 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley Reserve (1 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Bronze Medals)
- On the ninth day: a 2018 Zinfandel Sonoma County (1 Gold, 2 Silver, 1 Bronze Medals)
- On the tenth day: a 2018 Pinot Noir Russian River Reserve (1 Double Gold, 6 Silver, 3 Bronze Medals)
- On the eleventh day: a 2019 Aglianico Texas High Plains (1 Gold Medal)
- On the twelfth day: a 2018 Zinfandel Russian River Valley Reserve (1 Gold, 5 Silver, 5 Bronze Medals)
- $175 Case of 2018 Blanc du Bois (retail $288)
- $175 Case of 2018 Trebbiano (retail $288)
- $202 Case of 2018 Sauvignon Blanc (retail $336)
- $202 Case of 2018 Viognier TX (retail $336)
- $202 Case of 2018 Vesenillo (Port Style) (retail $336)
- $375 Case of 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve (retail $624)
- $375 Case of 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve (retail $624)
Virtual Happy Hour This Week @ 5 pm Friday!
We are ending 2021 with Mr Winemaker discussing Cabernet Sauvignon.
Are you ready for some football?
Week 14 gave us a tie with 12 correct. Jeff Hoskins won the tiebreaker and a bottle of 2018 Texas Viognier. Jeff, please stop by the Tasting Room to pick up your bottle of wine.
If you haven't played yet, it is not too late to join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. A bottle of 2018 Zinfandel Sonoma County to the Week 15 winner! Get your entry in before the Thursday night game begins and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Saturday and Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Saturday. Also, you can still enter if you miss Thursday night but Thursday will not count for you).
Check out these important dates!
Wine Down Fridays:
December 17th, Mitch Chandler
December 24th - Christmas Eve - closing early at 5:15
December 25th - Christmas - CLOSED
December 31st - New Years Eve - closing early at 5:15
January 1st - New Years Day - CLOSED
Reservations are recommended and online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team