20211201 Get Bent Newsletter Volume 2021-12
We ask those who have not yet been fully vaccinated to please wear a mask.
Bryan is bringing back some comfort food with his sausage lentil soup! Yum, we can't wait!
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 6 Sausage Lentil Soup
- $10 Sausage Lentil Soup with Wine Pairing
Everything changed this week except the Case specials.
- 2018 Blanc du Bois TX (1 Judge's Choice, 1 Silver, 3 Bronze)
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (2 Silver, 3 Bronze)
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (1 Double Gold, 6 Silver, 3 Bronze)
- 2019 Wild Eye Red TX (None Yet!)
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA Alexander Valley (1 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Bronze)
- $7 2018 Blanc du Bois TX
- $10 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA
- $49 Twin Gold (retail $70): '19 Aglianico and Sangiovese
- $57 Zin to Win (retail $92): '18s Zin and Zin Reserve
- $58 Double Gold Duo (retail $82): '18 Pinot Noir Reserve and '19 Viognier TX
- $50 Dreaming of a White Christmas (retail $78): 2018 Texas Whites: Roussanne, Trebbiano, & Viognier
- $100 We Three Kings (retail $154): All '18 CA Reserve Wines: Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve, Pinot Noir Reserve, & Zinfandel Reserve
- $295 12 Gold Bottles of Christmas and Decorated Box (retail $451) - All 12 Bottles are of wines that have won, at a minimum, gold medals. The perfect gift for the person who has everything and you haven't a clue what to get them! Comes in a nicely decorated and sturdy box with easy carrying hand holes. Each bottle has a tag with the number of the day, tasting notes, food pairing recommendations, and medals won.
- On the first day: a corkscrew and a 2018 Sauvignon Blanc Texas HIgh Plains (1 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Bronze Medals) in a Bent Oak Winery tree
- On the second day: a 2019 Dolcetto Texas High Plains 1 Gold, 4 Silver, 4 Bronze Medals)
- On the third day: a 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Texas HIgh Plains (1 Platinum, 3 Gold, 3 Silver, 2 Bronze Medal)
- On the fourth day: a 2019 Sangiovese Texas High Plains (2 Gold, 3 Silver, 3 Bronze Medals)
- On the fifth day: a 2018 Viognier Texas High Plains (1 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze Medals)
- On the sixth day: a 2019 Tempranillo Texas High Plains (1 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze Medals)
- On the seventh day: a 2019 Viognier Texas High Plains (1 Double Gold, 3 Gold, 2 Silver, 3 Bronze Medals)
- On the eighth day: a 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley Reserve (1 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Bronze Medals)
- On the ninth day: a 2018 Zinfandel Sonoma County (1 Gold, 2 Silver, 1 Bronze Medals)
- On the tenth day: a 2018 Pinot Noir Russian River Reserve (1 Double Gold, 6 Silver, 3 Bronze Medals)
- On the eleventh day: a 2019 Aglianico Texas High Plains (1 Gold Medal)
- On the twelfth day: a 2018 Zinfandel Russian River Valley Reserve (1 Gold, 5 Silver, 5 Bronze Medals)
- $175 Case of 2018 Blanc du Bois (retail $288)
- $175 Case of 2018 Trebbiano (retail $288)
- $202 Case of 2018 Sauvignon Blanc (retail $336)
- $202 Case of 2018 Viognier TX (retail $336)
- $202 Case of 2018 Vesenillo (Port Style) (retail $336)
- $375 Case of 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve (retail $624)
- $375 Case of 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve (retail $624)
Get into the Holiday Spirit
This is the last week for your donations to the Blue Santa program. Bring in your donations and get entered in the mystery drawings.
1. Bring two canned goods to get your name in the drawing for a 2-bottle package of Texas red and white wines. The drawing will continue through Sunday, December 5th, at 4:00 p.m. and the winner will be announced at 4:30 p.m. Your name will be added for every two canned goods you donate. All donations will go to the Cedar Park Blue Santa program on December 6th in conjunction with Gracie's Canned Goods.
2. Bring an upwrapped toy to get your name in the drawing for a 2-bottle package of Texas red and white wines. The drawing will continue through Sunday, December 5th, at 4:00 p.m. and the winner will be announced at 4:30 p.m. Your name will be added for every toy that you donate. All donations will go to the Cedar Park Blue Santa program on December 6th.
Virtual Happy Hour - See you next week!
We are crazy busy this week so we look forward to seeing you next week!
San Fransisco International Wine Competition Awards
The SFIWC is one of the largest—and most influential—wine competitions. Now celebrating its 39th year, it’s one of the oldest international wine competitions in the world. We are excited with our 13 prestigous awards which brings our total medal count to 259. And Mr. Winemaker is especially proud of his Zinfandels that finally received the gold medals that he thought they should a long time ago!
Gold Medal: 2019 Saiuvignon Blanc Texas High Plains, 2018 Zinfandel Russian River Valley Reserve, and 2018 Zinfandel Sonoma County
Silver Medals: 2019 Blanc du Bois Texas, 2018 Pinot Noir Russian River Reserve, 2019 Sangiovese Texas High Plains, 2019 Viognier Russian River, and 2020 Chardonnay Russian River
Bronze Medals: 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley Reserve, 2019 Dolcetto Texas High Plains, 2019 Roussanne Texas High Plains, 2019 Trebbiano Texas High Plains, and 2019 Viognier Texas High Plains
Are you ready for some football?
Week 12 gave us a tie with 12 correct. Craig Pritzlaff won the tiebreaker and a bottle of 2018 Lone Star Cuvee. Craig, please stop by the Tasting Room to pick up your bottle of wine.
If you haven't played yet, it is not too late to join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. A bottle of 2019 Texas Cabernet Sauvignon to the Week 13 winner! Get your entry in before the Thursday night game begins and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday. Also, you can still enter if you miss Thursday night but Thursday will not count for you).
Check out these important dates!
Wine Down Fridays:
December 3rd, Joel Rapaport
December 10th, Joey Kipfer
December 17th, Mitch Chandler
Smooth Sax Sunday:
Bent Oak favorite, Rodney Howell, returns every 1st Sunday beginning December 5th!
December 24th - Christmas Eve - closing early at 5:15
December 25th - Christmas - CLOSED
December 31st - New Years Eve - closing early at 5:15
January 1st - New Years Day - CLOSED
Reservations are recommended and online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team