20211124 Weekly News Splash: Happy Thanksgiving and Black Friday Sales
We ask those who have not yet been fully vaccinated to please wear a mask.
Do you still need wine for Thanksgiving Day? We will be open Wednesday from 1:00-5:15 PM for your last-minute purchases. Check out the Thanksgiving packages below for the perfect compliment to your Thanksgiving Dinner!
The Bent Oak Family wishes you and your family a safe and happy Thanksgiving. As we take this opportunity to reflect on the past year, we want to let you know how much we appreciate you being a part of our Bent Oak Winery Family!
We will be closed on Thanksgiving Day but will open Black Friday, during normal tasting room hours (1:00-7:00 PM), and look forward to serving you. Don't forget to get your reservation. We will have great deals on wine and merchandise throughout the day and spin-to-wins, too. See Black Friday sales below so you can plan your "Shop Local" strategy around the Bent Oak Winery sales! Rest up on Thanksgiving Day and come join in the fun on Black Friday!
Don't forget to sign up for our Christmas Craft Nights on the 29th and 30th and the Cookie Pairing and Cookie Swap on December 13th!
Join us on Black Friday to celebrate the start of the holiday shopping season by supporting Local! We have the following specials running throughout the day and our other specials throughout the weekend. In addition to the wine and merchandise sales, we will be serving up a change of pace from Thanksgiving fare with Sister Winemaker's soft pretzel bites served with a yummy beer cheese dip and coarse-grain mustard.
Come on in to get away from the hustle and bustle to enjoy a day of wine! We have music by Jazz Daddies and fun activities, too! Or, if some of your family is not comfortable being indoors with strangers then why not have a Tasting to Go? You can enjoy tastings of our award-winning wines within the safety of your home with our Tasting to Go!
|Reservation Time slot||Specials||Sale Price||Retail Price|
|1:00 - 2:15||Bottle of 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve||$32.00||$52.00|
|1:00 - 2:15||Sangio & 2 Stemless Glasses||$30.00||$46.00|
|1:00 - 2:15||Certain Aerating Pourers (Football, Golf Ball, Longhorn, Fox, High Heel, Texas, or Texas A&M)||$14.50||$29.00|
|2:30 - 3:45||Chardonnay & Christmas Aerating Pourer||$38.00||$63.00|
|2:30 - 3:45||Bottle of 2018 Cabernet Saugvignon Reserve||$32.00||$52.00|
|2:30 - 3:45||Winery Dog Book||$15.00||$29.00|
|4:00 - 5:15||Comfort Duo (Vesenillo & Delysia Chocolates)||$35.00||$55.00|
|4:00 - 5:15||Bottle of 2018 Sauvignon Blanc||$18.00||$28.00|
|4:00 - 5:15||Pullover||$35.00||$45.00|
|5:30 - 6:45||Tempranillo & Wooden Gift Box||$44.00||$72.00|
|5:30 - 6:45||Bottle of 2018 Texas Viognier||$18.00||$28.00|
|5:30 - 6:45||4 Stemless Glasses||$16.00||$32.00|
Spin to Win per Table during each reservation time block
|ALL DAY Specials||Sale Price||Retail Price|
|Bottle Totes (Basket)||$5.00||$8.00|
|Coasters (Set of 4)||$16.00||$25.00|
|Leather Bottle Carriers various sizes (40% off)|
|Peek a Boo Stemless Tumbler||$15.00||$19.95|
|Short Sleeved T-Shirts (orange or grape stomp)||$5.00||$20.00|
|Tasting to Go||$15.00||$20.00|
|Winery Dog Book||$20.00||$29.00|
|Wooden Gift Boxes||$20.00||$40.00|
Spend $200 on Black Friday and we'll send you a $15 gift certificate on Saturday
Sister Winemaker is bringing back the beer cheese and pretzels for this massive football (and shopping) weekend!
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 6 Soft Pretzel Bites with beer cheese dip and coarse-grain mustard
- $10 Soft Pretzel Bites with Wine Pairing
We are changing up the glass specials to the Double Gold winners! Also check out the new case specials which are the perfect deals for your holiday parties!
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (2 Silver, 2 Bronze)
- 2019 Viognier TX (new release) (1 Double Gold, 3 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze)
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (1 Double Gold, 5 Silver, 3 Bronze)
- 2019 Sangiovese TX (2 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze)
- 2019 Aglianico TX (new release) (1 Gold)
- 2019 Viognier TX
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA
- $49 Twin Gold (retail $70): 19 Aglianico and Sangiovese
- $57 Zin to Win (retail $92): 18s Zin and Zin Reserve
- $58 Double Gold Duo (retail $82): 18 Pinot Noir Reserve and 19 Viognier TX
- $58 Thanksgiving Zin & Chard PK (retail $84): 18s Zin Reserve & Chardonnay
- $61 Thanksgiving CA Friends 2 PK (retail $88): 18 Pinot Noir Reserve & 19 Viognier CA
- $100 Thanksgiving Family 4 PK (retail $146): 18 Pinot Noir Reserve, 19 Viognier TX, 18 Lone Star Cuvee, & 18 Vesenillo
- $154 Thanksgiving Love 6 PK (retail $226): 18 Pinot Noir Reserve (2), 19 Viognier TX (2),18 Lone Star Cuvee, & 18 Vesenillo
- $175 Case of 2018 Blanc du Bois (retail $288)
- $175 Case of 2018 Trebbiano (retail $288)
- $202 Case of 2018 Sauvignon Blanc (retail $336)
- $202 Case of 2018 Viognier TX (retail $336)
- $202 Case of 2018 Vesenillo (Port Style) (retail $336)
- $375 Case of 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve (retail $624)
- $375 Case of 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve (retail $624)
Get into the Holiday Spirit
Even though Black Friday is a day of shopping, maybe we can get into the true meaning of the holiday season with a couple of ways for giving. I am sure you have your own ways of giving but we thought you might enjoy our take on giving as well as enjoying wine.
1. Bring two canned goods to get your name in the drawing for a 2-bottle package of Texas red and white wines. The drawing will continue through Sunday, December 5th, at 4:00 p.m. and the winner will be announced at 4:30 p.m. Your name will be added for every two canned goods you donate. All donations will go to the Cedar Park Blue Santa program on December 6th in conjunction with Gracie's Canned Goods.
2. Bring an upwrapped toy to get your name in the drawing for a 2-bottle package of Texas red and white wines. The drawing will continue through Sunday, December 5th, at 4:00 p.m. and the winner will be announced at 4:30 p.m. Your name will be added for every toy that you donate. All donations will go to the Cedar Park Blue Santa program on December 6th.
Virtual Happy Hour - See you next week!
Everyone enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend! We look forward to seeing you on the other side! Stay safe!
Houston Rodeo Wine Competition Awards
We didn't win the saddle, but we are very excited with our wines that won awards from the 2022 Houston Rodeo Uncorked International Wine Competition! Our medal counts inch closer to 250 as we are now at 246 after receiving the 14 medals below. This year’s competition featured 2,862 entries from 17 countries, including France, Spain, Italy, Israel, Peru, Argentina and South Africa. Of those entries, 480 entries were from Texas wineries, and 203 entries came from this year’s featured region, Washington State, an established wine-growing region with a reputation for excellence in wine production.
Gold Medal: 2018 Saiuvignon Blanc Texas High Plains (Texas Class Champion) and 2018 Viognier Texas High Plains
Silver Medals: 2018 Pinot Noir Russian River Reserve, 2018 Zinfandel Russian River Valley Reserve, 2018 Zinfandel Sonoma County, 2019 Dolcetto Texas High Plains, 2019 Rosé Texas, 2019 Tempranillo Texas High Plains, and 2019 Viognier Russian River
Bronze Medals: 2018 Blanc du Bois Texas, 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley Reserve, 2018 Chardonnay Chalk Hill, 2019 Sangiovese Texas High Plains, and 2018 Trebbiano Texas High Plains
Are you ready for some football?
Week 11 gave us an out right winner with 11 correct. Laura Brown won a bottle of 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve. Laura, please stop by the Tasting Room to pick up your bottle of wine.
If you haven't played yet, it is not too late to join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. A bottle of 2018 Lone Star Cuvee to the Week 12 winner! Get your entry in before the Thanksgiving Day games begin and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday. Also, you can still enter if you miss Thursday night but Thursday will not count for you).
Check out these important dates!
Wine Down Fridays:
November 26th, Jazz Daddies
December 10th, Joey Kipfer
December 17th, Mitch Chandler
Smooth Sax Sunday:
Bent Oak favorite, Rodney Howell, returns every 1st Sunday beginning December 5th!
Bent Oak Winery Events - Get Your Tickets ASAP:
November 29th and 30th - Christmas Craft Nights. Two nights but with limited seats to make our traditional cork tree (Mrs. Winemaker has some new tips to share!) or paint Riedel glasses and ceramic tiles - coasters and painted glasses for you or as handmade gifts!
December 13th - Cookies & Wine Pairing and Cookie Swap
December 24th - Christmas Eve - closing early at 5:15
December 25th - Christmas - CLOSED
December 31st - New Years Eve - closing early at 5:15
January 1st - New Years Day - CLOSED
Reservations are recommended and online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team