20211027 Weekly News Splash
As COVID cases continue to drop in Travis and Williamson counties, we ask those who have not yet been fully vaccinated to wear a mask.
Bryan is bringing back his famous Chipolte Pumpkin Soup for this week.
No changes for this week as we continue to showcase our two new wines and present 5 of the 8 wines in the October Wine Club release. All of these wines are highly regarded in the industry with 4 out of 5 holding gold or double gold medals.
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (2 Silver, 2 Bronze)
- 2019 Viognier TX (new release) (1 Double Gold, 3 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze)
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (1 Double Gold, 5 Silver, 3 Bronze)
- 2019 Sangiovese TX (2 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze)
- 2019 Aglianico TX (new release) (1 Gold)
- 2019 Viognier TX
- 2019 Aglianico TX
- $49 Twin Gold (retail $70): 2019 Aglianico and Sangiovese
- $57 Zin to Win (retail $92): 2018s Zin and Zin Reserve
- $58 Double Gold Duo (retail $82): 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve and 2019 Viognier Texas
Harvest is wrapped with 43 TONS in the house! We will be barreling down Sangiovese this weekend and look forward to the return of Mr Winemaker's Virtual Happy Hours starting next Friday.
- 3 Tons of Sauvignon Blanc (TX) - barreled in stainless steel on 9/25
- 2 Tons of Viognier (TX) - maturing in barrel
- 3 Tons of Pinot Noir (CA) - received 9/7, maturing in barrel
- 3 Tons of Trebbianno (TX) - maturing in barrel
- 3 Tons of Roussanne (TX ) - maturing in barrel
- 3 Tons of Dolcetto (TX) - maturing in barrel
- 1 Ton of Rosé of Dolcetto (TX) & Trebbiano (TX) - in stainless steel tank
- 3 Tons of Mourvedre (TX) - maturing in barrel
- 3 Tons of Chardonnay (CA) - maturing in barrel
- 4 Tons of Cabernet Sauvignon (TX) - maturing in barrel
- 3 Tons of Reisling (TX) - in stainless steel tank, maturing
- 3 Tons of Bertapelle Vineyards Zin (CA) - pressed off last 10/17, moving to barrel next week
- 2 Tons of Petit Verdot (TX) - maturing in barrel
- 3 Tons of Sangiovese (TX) - pressed off on 10/17, Moving to barrel this weekend
- 1 Ton of Rosé of Sangiovese (TX) - maturing in stainless
- 3 Tons of Windsor Oaks Vineyard Zin - maturing in barrel
Friday night virtual happy hours will resume next Friday!
Are you ready for some football?
Week 7 gave us a tie with 11 correct and Audrey Ketchersid won the tiebreaker and a bottle of 2019 Dolcetto. Audrey, please stop by the Tasting Room to pick up your bottle of wine.
If you haven't played yet, it is not too late to join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. A bottle of 2018 Trebbiano to the Week 8 winner! Get your entry in before the Thursday night game and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday. Also, you can still enter if you miss Thursday night but Thursday will not count for you).
Check out these important dates!
Wine Down Fridays:
October 29th, Brandi LM
November 5th, Heath Ham
November 12th, Trevor Helt
November 19th, Jazz Daddies
November 26th, Jim Bryant
Bent Oak Winery Events - Save the Dates:
Reservations are recommended especially during October's Texas Wine Month Passport
November 13th, Fall Festival - tickets are not required to attend the festival
- Sip & Shop - Calling all makers! Still some spots left! Vendors reserve your spot!
- Chili Cookoff - contestants reserve your spot!
The Tasting Room is open at 100% capacity. Reservations are recommended and online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team