20211020 Weekly News Splash
Bent Oak Winery will be closed Friday (beginning at 5:15 PM), Saturday, and Sunday for our Wine Club Pickup Party.
2021 Lone Star International Wine Competition Awards
The 38th Annual competition included over 818 unique wine entries from 115 unique companies in four (4) distinguished wine categories of Texas, International, Limited Production, and Wine Label/Packaging. We have been honored with the following awards:
Gold - 2019 Viognier TX
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve
- 2018 Znfandel
- 2018 Zinfandel Reserve
- 2019 Blanc du Bois
- 2019 Dolcetto
- 2019 Rose' Wine
- 2019 Sangiovese
- 2019 Sauvignon Blanc
- 2019 Trebbiano
- 2019 Viognier CA
- 2018 Chardonnay
- 2019 Roussanne
- 2019 Tempranillo
No food specials this week as we are closed on Saturday and Sunday for the wine club pick up parties.
This week we introuduce two new wines and present 5 of the 8 wines in the October Wine Club release. All of these wines are highly regarded in the industry with 4 out of 5 holding gold or double gold medals.
- 2018 Chardonnay CA (2 Silver, 2 Bronze)
- 2019 Viognier TX (new release) (1 Double Gold, 3 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze)
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA (1 Double Gold, 5 Silver, 3 Bronze)
- 2019 Sangiovese TX (2 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze)
- 2019 Aglianico TX (new release) (1 Gold)
- 2019 Viognier TX
- 2019 Aglianico TX
- $49 Twin Gold (retail $70): 2019 Aglianico and Sangiovese
- $57 Zin to Win (retail $92): 2018s Zin and Zin Reserve
- $58 Double Gold Duo (retail $82): 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve and 2019 Viognier Texas
Harvest is winding down in Texas and California. Here is what we know right now:
- 3 Tons of Sauvignon Blanc (TX) - barreled in stainless steel on 9/25
- 2 Tons of Viognier (TX) - maturing in barrel
- 3 Tons of Pinot Noir (CA) - received 9/7, maturing in barrel
- 3 Tons of Trebbianno (TX) - maturing in barrel
- 3 Tons of Roussanne (TX ) - maturing in barrel
- 3 Tons of Dolcetto (TX) - maturing in barrel
- 1 Ton of Rosé of Dolcetto (TX) & Trebbiano (TX) - in stainless steel tank
- 3 Tons of Mourvedre (TX) - maturing in barrel
- 3 Tons of Chardonnay (CA) - maturing in barrel
- 4 Tons of Cabernet Sauvignon (TX) - maturing in barrel
- 3 Tons of Reisling (TX) - in stainless steel tank, maturing
- 3 Tons of Bertapelle Vineyards Zin (CA) - pressed off last 10/17, moving to barrel next week
- 2 Tons of Petit Verdot (TX) - maturing in barrel
- 3 Tons of Sangiovese (TX) - pressed off on 10/17, moving to barrel next week
- 1 Ton of Rosé of Sangiovese (TX) - maturing in stainless
- 3 Tons of Windsor Oaks Vineyard Zin - maturing in barrel
Friday night virtual happy hours will resume after harvest has settled down a bit!
Are you ready for some football?
Week 6 gave us an out right winner this week with 12 correct. Pamela Winter wins the bottle 2018 TX Viognier. Pamela, please stop by the Tasting Room to pick up your bottle of wine.
If you haven't played yet, it is not too late to join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. A bottle of 2019 Dolcetto to the Week 7 winner! Get your entry in before the Thursday night game and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday. Also, you can still enter if you miss Thursday night but Thursday will not count for you).
Check out these important dates!
Wine Down Fridays:
October 22nd, Jazz Daddies
October 29th, Brandi LM
Bent Oak Winery Events - Save the Dates:
Reservations are recommended especially during October's Texas Wine Month Passport
November 13th, Fall Festival - tickets are not required to attend the festival
- Sip & Shop - vendors reserve your spot
- Chili Cookoff - contestants reserve your spot
October Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties
Pick Up Party Options - get your tickets (limit of 2 per membership) to one of the outside parties below:
- Saturday, October 23rd, 1:00 to 2:30 Pick Up Party #1 - max of 70 attendees
- Saturday, October 23rd, 3:00 to 4:30 Pick Up Party #2 - max of 70 attendees
- Sunday, October 24th, 1:00 to 2:30 Pick Up Party #3 - max of 70 attendees
- Sunday, October 24th, 3:00 to 4:30 Pick Up Party #4 - max of 70 attendees
Note: BearKing Catering will bring along their pizza oven to make the pizzas on site. On the menu will be include a Caesar Salad and a couple slices of either Calabrese Salami with red sauce or Margarita (olive oil, basil, and fresh tomatoes).
The Tasting Room is open at 100% capacity. Reservations are recommended and online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team