20211013 Weekly News Splash
As Covid cases continue to drop in Travis and Williamson counties, we ask those who have not been fully vaccinated to wear a mask. Mask wearing for fully vaccinated individuals is up to your personal preference.
2021-2022 Wine & Rodeo International Wine Competition Awards
The 13th annual wine competition was held on October 4-6, 2021 and featured over 900 wines from across the United States and around the world. We have been honored with the following awards:
Gold, Texas Class Champion - 2019 Sangiovese
Gold - 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon CA
Silver, Texas Reserve Class champion - 2019 Trebbiano
- 2018 Chardonnay
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve
- 2018 Zinfandel Reserve
- 2019 Blanc du Bois
- 2019 Dolcetto
- 2019 Rose' Wine
- 2019 Tempranillo
- 2019 Viognier TX
- 2019 Viognier CA
Bronze - 2019 Sauvignon Blanc
Chef Bryan is getting in the fall spirit with his fall roasted vegetables dish. Maple roasted Brussel sprouts, butternut squash and bacon topped with sweet and spicy pecans.
Special for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 6 Fall Roasted Vegetables
- $10 Fall Roasted Vegetables with Wine Pairing
This is the last week for this tasting menu. Next week, we will introduce a few new wines that will be part of the October Club Release.
- 2018 Trebbiano TX
- 2018 Roussanne TX
- 2018 Chardonnay CA
- 2019 Wild Eye Red TX
- 2019 Sangiovese TX
- 2018 Trebbiano TX
- 2019 Sangiovese TX
- $35 TX 2-Step (retail $52): 2018 Roussanne and 2019 Dolcetto
- $50 All White, All White, All White (retail $78): 2018s Roussanne, Trebbiano, & TX Viognier
- $57 Zin to Win (retail $92): 2018s Zin and Zin Reserve
- $98 3-Cab Night (retail $142): 2017 CA Cab Reserve, 2018 CA Cab Reserve, and 2019 TX Cab
Merchandise: $6 off Harvest 2021 T-Shirt $14 (retail $20)
Harvest is winding down in Texas while still underway in California. Audrey and John are in Californina checking on all of the varietals! Here is what we know right now:
- 3 Tons of Sauvignon Blanc (TX) - barreled in stainless steel on 9/25
- 2 Tons of Viognier (TX) - maturing in barrel
- 3 Tons of Pinot Noir (CA) - received 9/7, maturing in barrel
- 3 Tons of Trebbianno (TX) - maturing in barrel
- 3 Tons of Roussanne (TX ) - maturing in barrel
- 3 Tons of Dolcetto (TX) - maturing in barrel
- 1 Ton of Rosé of Dolcetto (TX) & Trebbiano (TX) - in stainless steel tank
- 3 Tons of Mourvedre (TX) - pressed off on 10/2, barrelling on 10/16
- 3 Tons of Chardonnay (CA) - received 9/15, malolactic - barreling next week
- 4 Tons of Cabernet Sauvignon (TX) - pressed off on 10/9, malolactic, barreling next week
- 3 Tons of Reisling (TX) - in stainless steel tank, maturing
- 3 Tons of Bertapelle Vineyards Zin (CA) - received 9/30, malolactic, barreling next week
- 2 Tons of Petit Verdot (TX) - pressed off on 10/2, barrelling on 10/16
- 3 Tons of Sangiovese (TX) - received 9/27, pressing off on 10/17
- 1 Ton of Rosé of Sangiovese (TX) - maturing in stainless
- 3 Tons of Windsor Oaks Vineyard Zin - received 10/4, fermenting
Friday night virtual happy hours will resume after harvest has settled down a bit!
Are you ready for some football?
Week 5 gave us 2 people tied with 14 correct. Rob Burch won the tiebreaker and bottle of 2018 Roussanne. Rob, please stop by the Tasting Room to pick up your bottle of wine.
If you haven't played yet, it is not too late to join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. A bottle of 2018 TX Viognier to the Week 6 winner! Get your entry in before the Thursday night game and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday. Also, you can still enter if you miss Thursday night but Thursday will not count for you).
Check out these important dates!
Wine Down Fridays:
October 15th, Mitch Chandler
October 22nd, Jazz Daddies
October 29th, Brandi LM
Bent Oak Winery Events - Save the Dates:
Reservations are recommended especially during October's Texas Wine Month Passport
November 13th, Fall Festival - tickets are not required to attend the festival
- Sip & Shop - vendors reserve your spot
- Chili Cookoff - contestants reserve your spot
October Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties
Pick Up Party Options - get your tickets (limit of 2 per membership) to one of the outside parties below:
- Saturday, October 23rd, 1:00 to 2:30 Pick Up Party #1 - max of 70 attendees
- Saturday, October 23rd, 3:00 to 4:30 Pick Up Party #2 - max of 70 attendees
- Sunday, October 24th, 1:00 to 2:30 Pick Up Party #3 - max of 70 attendees
- Sunday, October 24th, 3:00 to 4:30 Pick Up Party #4 - max of 70 attendees
Note: BearKing Catering will bring along their pizza oven to make the pizzas on site. On the menu will be include a Caesar Salad and a couple slices of either Calabrese Salami with red sauce or Margarita (olive oil, basil, and fresh tomatoes).
The Tasting Room is open at 100% capacity. Reservations are recommended and online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team