20211006 Get Bent Newsletter Volume 201-10
Based on State and County public health guidance, we kindly ask that you wear a mask until seated and replace your mask whenever you leave the table. We are masking up, too!
On Sunday, 10/10, we will be celebrating the 6th anniversay of the opening of our Tasting Room. Join in on the celebration with cake, fun activities, and specials (of course)!
- 6 wines included in the Tasting instead of 5. In addition to the Tasting Menu below we are adding our Lone Star Cuvee or Vesenillo (port style wine) - your choice on the 6th wine
- Spin-to-win for each table for each reservation time slot
See below for other Anniversary specials.
Mrs. Winemaker is putting together Loaded Baked Potatoes with your choice of these 6 toppings: butter, sour cream, bacon bits, chives, cheddar cheese, and salsa. Enjoy your Loaded Baked Potato with our suggested pairings.
Special for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 6 Loaded Baked Potato
- $10 Loaded Baked Potato with Wine Pairing
No changes to the normal line up this week since we have our Anniversary Specials outlined above and below.
- 2018 Trebbiano TX
- 2018 Roussanne TX
- 2018 Chardonnay CA
- 2019 Wild Eye Red TX
- 2019 Sangiovese TX
Glasses $6 (Anniversary price instead of $7):
- 2018 Chardonnay CA
- 2019 Wild Eye Red TX
Bottles: Anniversary Sale
- $6 shipping charges
- $6 off for non-members on 3 bottles or more (excluding bottle packages below)
- Extra 6% off for members on 3 bottles or more (excluding bottle packages below)
- $35 TX 2-Step (retail $52): 2018 Roussanne and 2019 Dolcetto
- $50 All White, All White, All White (retail $78): 2018s Roussanne, Trebbiano, & TX Viognier
- $57 Zin to Win (retail $92): 2018s Zin and Zin Reserve
- $98 3-Cab Night (retail $142): 2017 CA Cab Reserve, 2018 CA Cab Reserve, and 2019 TX Cab
Merchandise $6 off Anniversary Sale:
- $39 Pullover (retail $45)
- $36 GurglePot (retail $42)
- $23 Aerating Pourer (retail $29) note: does not include Chirpies
- $14 Insulated Wine Tumbler (retail $20)
Harvest is winding down in Texas while still underway in California. We have received all grapes in Texas, are working through the fermentation process, and are barreling. We have a few more California varietals to bring in. This is our progress so far:
- 3 Tons of Sauvignon Blanc (TX) - barreled in stainless steel on 9/25
- 2 Tons of Viognier (TX) - barreled in oak on 10/3
- 3 Tons of Pinot Noir (CA) - received 9/7
- 3 Tons of Trebbianno (TX) - barreled in oak and stainless on 10/3
- 3 Tons of Roussanne (TX ) - barreled in oak on 10/3
- 3 Tons of Dolcetto (TX) - barreled on 9/25
- 1 Ton of Rosé of Dolcetto (TX) & Trebbiano (TX)
- 3 Tons of Mourvedre (TX) - pressed off on 10/2, likely barrel on 10/10
- 3 Tons of Chardonnay (CA) - received 9/15
- 4 Tons of Cabernet Sauvignon (TX) - probably will press off on 10/9
- 3 Tons of Reisling (TX) - received 9/18
- 3 Tons of Bertapelle Vineyards Zin (CA) - received 9/30
- 2 Tons of Petit Verdot (TX) - pressed off on 10/2, likely barrel on 10/10
- 3 Tons of Sangiovese (TX) - received 9/27
- 1 Ton of Rosé of Sangiovese (TX) - received 9/27
- 3 Tons of Windsor Oaks Vineyard Zin - received 10/4
Mr and Mrs Winemaker will be heading out to California next week to finish the California harvest and start moving those wines to barrel.
Friday night virtual happy hours will resume after harvest has settled down a bit!
Are you ready for some football?
Week 4 gave us 5 people tied with 12 correct. Kim Rubin won the tiebreaker and bottle of 2019 Wild Eye Red. Kim, please stop by the Tasting Room to pick up your bottle of wine.
If you haven't played yet, it is not too late to join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. A bottle of 2018 Roussanne to the Week 5 winner! Get your entry in before the Thursday night game and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday. Also, you can still enter if you miss Thursday night but Thursday will not count for you).
Check out these important dates!
Wine Down Fridays:
October 8th, Joey Kipfer
October 15th, Mitch Chandler
October 22nd, Jazz Daddies
October 29th, Brandi LM
Bent Oak Winery Events - Save the Dates:
Reservations are recommended especially during October's Texas Wine Month Passport
October 10th, Bent Oak Winery 6th Anniversary - tickets not required to attend
November 13th, Fall Festival - tickets are not required to attend the festival
- Sip & Shop - vendors reserve your spot
- Chili Cookoff - contestants reserve your spot
October Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties
Pick Up Party Options - get your tickets (limit of 2 per membership) to one of the outside parties below:
- Saturday, October 23rd, 1:00 to 2:30 Pick Up Party #1 - max of 70 attendees
- Saturday, October 23rd, 3:00 to 4:30 Pick Up Party #2 - max of 70 attendees
- Sunday, October 24th, 1:00 to 2:30 Pick Up Party #3 - max of 70 attendees
- Sunday, October 24th, 3:00 to 4:30 Pick Up Party #4 - max of 70 attendees
Note: BearKing Catering will bring along their pizza oven to make the pizzas on site. On the menu will be include a Caesar Salad and a couple slices of either Calabrese Salami with red sauce or Margarita (olive oil, basil, and fresh tomatoes).
The Tasting Room is open at 100% capacity. Reservations are recommended and online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available. Reminder: please wear a mask until your order is taken and then any time you leave the table.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team