20210928 Weekly News Splash
Based on State and County public health guidance, please wear a mask until your order is taken and replace your mask whenever you leave the table. We will be masking up, too!
Are you ready for some football?
Week 3 gave us 2 people tied with 14 correct and they both had the same tiebreaker score! Thus, we have 2 winners of 2019 Sangiovese bottles! Jeff Hoskins and Paul Rubin, please stop by the Tasting Room to pick up your bottles of wine.
If you haven't played yet, it is not too late to join us for the weekly NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night game. A bottle of 2019 Wild Eye Red to the Week 4 winner! Get your entry in before the Thursday night game and good luck! (Note: You can modify the Sunday games until the 1st game starts on Sunday).
Sister Winemaker is bringing back her take on the Outrageous Warm Chicken Nachos!
Special for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 6 Outrageous Warm Chicken Nachos
- $10 Nachos with Wine Pairing
The only changes are the glasses for this week.
- 2018 Trebbiano TX
- 2018 Roussanne TX
- 2018 Chardonnay CA
- 2019 Wild Eye Red TX
- 2019 Sangiovese TX
- $7 2018 Chardonnay CA
- $7 2019 Wild Eye Red TX
Bottles - none this week.
- $35 TX 2-Step (retail $52): 2018 Roussanne and 2019 Dolcetto
- $50 All White, All White, All White (retail $78): 2018s Roussanne, Trebbiano, & TX Viognier
- $57 Zin to Win (retail $92): 2018s Zin and Zin Reserve
- $98 3-Cab Night (retail $142): 2017 CA Cab Reserve, 2018 CA Cab Reserve, and 2019 TX Cab
Harvest is winding down in Texas while still underway in California. We have received all grapes in Texas, are working through the fermentation process, and are barreling. We have a few more California varietals to bring in. This is our progress so far:
- 3 Tons of Sauvignon Blanc (TX) - barreled in stainless steel on 9/25
- 2 Tons of Viognier (TX)
- 3 Tons of Pinot Noir (CA)
- 3 Tons of Trebbianno (TX)
- 3 Tons of Roussanne (TX )
- 3 Tons of Dolcetto (TX) - barreled on 9/25
- 1 Ton of Rosé of Dolcetto (TX) & Trebbiano (TX)
- 3 Tons of Mourvedre (TX) - will probably press off on Oct 2nd
- 3 Tons of Chardonnay (CA)
- 4 Tons of Cabernet Sauvignon (TX)
- 3 Tons of Reisling (TX)
- 2 Tons of Petit Verdot (TX)
- 3 Tons of Sangiovese (TX) - received 9/27
- 1 Ton of Rosé of Sangiovese (TX) - received 9/27
Friday night virtual happy hours will resume after harvest has settled down a bit!
Check out these important dates!
Wine Down Fridays:
October 1st, Heath Ham
October 8th, Joey Kipfer
October 15th, Mitch Chandler
October 22nd, Jazz Daddies
October 29th, Brandi LM
Bent Oak Winery Events - Save the Dates:
October 3rd, 4th Annual Grape Stomp - tickets required to stomp
October 10th, Bent Oak Winery 6th Anniversary - tickets not required to attend
November 13th, Fall Festival - tickets are not required to attend the festival
- Sip & Shop - vendors reserve your spot
- Chili Cookoff - contestants reserve your spot
October Wine Club Release Pick Up Parties
Pick Up Party Options - get your tickets (limit of 2 per membership) to one of the outside parties below:
- Saturday, October 23rd, 1:00 to 2:30 Pick Up Party #1 - max of 70 attendees
- Saturday, October 23rd, 3:00 to 4:30 Pick Up Party #2 - max of 70 attendees
- Sunday, October 24th, 1:00 to 2:30 Pick Up Party #3 - max of 70 attendees
- Sunday, October 24th, 3:00 to 4:30 Pick Up Party #4 - max of 70 attendees
Note: All club members will receive your emails tomorrow with the wines included in the October release. Let us know if you do not not receive your email.
The Tasting Room is open at 100% capacity. Reservations are recommended and online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available. Reminder: please wear a mask until your order is taken and then any time you leave the table.
- WED-SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team