20210803 Get Bent Newsletter Volume 2021-08
Based on the public health guidance from Williamson and Travis Counties, the Bent Oak team is masking up although fully vaccinated. We are asking that you wear a mask until your order is taken and to replace your mask whenever you leave the table but mask wearing is our request and NOT a requirement.
We are just as disappointed as you! However, we want to protect our teams' (and yours, too!) children, grandchildren, and great-nieces & -nephews until they are eligible for vaccines. Thank you for your cooperation!
CLOSED MONDAY & TUESDAY
We have decided to end the Monday and Tuesday Curbside Pickup for the time being. Effective immediately, we will be CLOSED for curbside pickip Monday and Tuesdays. As always, we may revisit this as demand for this service changes. All other Tasting Room Hours will remain the same!
Mr. and Mrs. Winemaker are making their awesome roast beef sliders. Come in and check them out!
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 6 Roast Beef Sliders and chips
- $10 Roast Beef Sliders with Wine Pairing
Your two favorites from Audrey and Marilee are available this week while supplies last:
- $ 5 Sister Winemaker's Bag of Sweet and Spicy Pecans
- $10 Mrs. Winemaker's 8 oz jar of Jalapeño Jelly ($7 for the 6 oz jar)
We hope everyone enjoyed the Christmas in July celebration! This week we get back to the end of summer and grilling season with changes all around!
- 2018 Blanc du Bois TX
- 2018 Viognier TX High Plains
- 2018 Chardonnay CA Chalk Hill
- 2019 Sangiovese TX High Plains
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon CA Alexander Valley
- $7 2018 Blanc du Bois TX
- $10 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon CA Alexander Valley
Bottles - none this week.
- $33 Pool Pounders (retail $48): 2018 BDB & 2019 Rosé
- $45 Red, White, and Rosé (retail $64): 2019 Wild Eye Red, 2018 BDB, and 2019 Rosé
- $55 BBQ Buddies (retail $78): 2019 Dolcetto, 2019 Tempranillo, 2019 Wild Eye Red
- $105 Grillin' & Grinnin' (retail $154): 2018 CA Cab & 2019 CA Viognier and 2019 TX Cab & 2018 TX Viognier
- $105 Texas Summer 6-Pack (retail $154): 2018 BDB, 2019 Rosé, 2018 Roussanne, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc, 2018 Trebbiano, and 2018 TX Viognier
We want to thank everyone who supported the Canine Companions Yappy Hour event on August 1st. We sold 165 raffle tickets and Shirley Siler was the winner of the Canine Case of BOW wine. With the 165 50/50 Raffle Tickets, 5% of August 1st sales, cash donations on August 1st we donated a little shy of $900. Thanks to all of you!
Virtual Happy Hour This Week @ 5 pm Friday!
We are back with education this week so join us and find out what John will discuss.
July Wine Club Pick Ups Outstanding
If you have not picked up your wine yet, please do so sooner than later! However, you have until August 29th to pick up your wine during our normal business hours either by reservation or curbside pick up. Get your wine ASAP so you can enjoy our Gold Medal winner 2019 Sangiovese which is a great summer red!
Check out these important dates:
August 6th, Wine Down Friday Music: Heath Ham
August 13th, Wine Down Friday Music: Joey Kipfer
August 20th, Wine Down Friday Music: Mitch Chandler
August 27th, Wine Down Friday Music: The Reen
The Tasting Room is open at 100% capacity. Reservations are recommended, walk-ins are on a first-come-first-served basis, and online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available. Reminder: please wear a mask until your order is taken and then any time you leave the table.
- MON - TUE CLOSED
- WED - SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team