20210602 Get Bent Newsletter Volume 2021-06
It is great to hear that more and more people are getting vaccinated! We are at 100% occupancy this month so thank you for your patience and loyalty. We look forward to seeing you in the Tasting Room and at our upcoming events. The items below highlight the milestones along our Road to Normalcy.
1. COMPLETED: Return of the pick up party with the April Wine Club Release! While not one big party, we think our small mini-parties were a great first step down the Road to Normalcy. And, it seems, the majority of folks liked the smaller, more intimate, parties. We enjoyed this format very much as they gave us an opportunity to spend more time with you and not be running around with our hair on fire! We decided to move our June release parties to July 10th and 11th. We know we said we would never have another July release party but with the small parties we think we can make it work and not get heat exhaustion. Stay tuned for the release announcement with the various wine selections for each club and the tickets for each timeslot & each party.
2. COMPLETED: All reservations will be for an hour and 15 minutes and we will keep the 15 minutes in-between in order to clean, sanitize, and limit close contact.
Wednesday through Saturday 1:00-7:00:
- 1:00 - 2:15 pm
- 2:30 - 3:45 pm
- 4:00 - 5:15 pm
- 5:30 - 6:45 pm
- 12:30 - 1:45 pm
- 02:00 - 3:15 pm
- 03:30 - 4:45 pm
3. COMPLETED: We require a deposit for multiple tables booked in the same reservation period. We have had quite a few no-shows of late which resulted in the tables not being able to be reserved or used by others. If you reserve more than one table, a small deposit will be required that will be 100% applied to your order. You can cancel up to 24 hrs in advance for a full refund.
4. COMPLETED: Masks Protocol
- If fully vaccinated, you may discontinue wearing face masks if you wish.
- If not fully vaccinated, please wear a face mask until your order is taken & when leaving the table.
- All of our employees will be masked until the entire team is fully vaccinated.
5. COMPLETED: We are now open at 100% capacity for each reservation time frame with 4 tables held out for walk-ins (on a first-come-first-serve basis). Reservations are still recommended to ensure that you get a table. Remember: there are still no back-to-back reservations. The reservation system will be updated tomorrow to reflect 100% capacity.
6. IN PROCESS: We are bringing back Bent Oak-sponsored events and private parties starting this month. Our first event is Trivia Night on Tuesday, June 29th. Grab your fully vaccinated friends to form a team or join up with a group and make new friends! Get your tickets today by clicking Trivia Night Tickets. On Tuesday, June 8th, Stephanie Hon will be hosting Wine, Wills, Wealth event at the winery which should be a fun and informative event!
As you can see above, we carefully made our way down the Road to Normalcy. We thank you for all your patience and feedback.
Sister Winemaker is getting us ready for the Belmont Stakes with one of the favorites served at race watch parties. Get your spin-to-win horse below or when your are in the Tasting Room and find out if you are a winner. With only 8 horses in the race currently, you are bound to win something.
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 6 Soft Pretzel Bites with yummy dips
- $10 Soft Pretzel Bites with Wine Pairing
Your two favorites from Audrey and Marilee are available again this week while supplies last:
- $ 5 Sister Winemaker's Bag of Sweet and Spicy Pecans
- $10 Mrs. Winemaker's 8 oz jar of Jalapeño Jelly ($7 for the 6 oz jar)
No changes to the tasting menu or the package specials but the glass specials are different this week! After the long weekend, you will need to restock your wine cellar or cooler with one of our ridiculously priced package specials.
- 2018 Blanc du Bois TX
- 2019 Sauvignon Blanc TX High Plains
- 2019 Rosé TX High Plains
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA Russian River Valley
- 2019 Tempranillo TX High Plains
- $ 7 2019 Blanc du Bois TX High Plains
- $ 7 2019 Rosé TX High Plains
Bottles - none this week.
Packages - get ready for summer, BBQ season, and fun around the pool:
- $33 Pool Pounders (retail $48): 2018 BDB & 2019 Rose
- $45 Red, White, and Rose (retail $$64): 2019 Wile Eye Red, 2018 BDB, and 2019 Rose
- $55 BBQ Buddies (retail $78): 2019 Dolcetto, 2019 Tempranillo, 2019 Wild Eye Red
- $57 Zin to Win (retail $92): 2018 Zin and 2018 Zin Reserve
- $105 Grillin' & Grinnin' (retail $154): 2018 CA Cab & 2019 CA Vio and 2019 TX Cab & 2018 TX Vio
- $105 Texas Summer 6-Pack (retail $154): 2018 BDB, 2019 Rose, 2018 Roussanne, 2019 Sauvignon Blanc, 2018 Trebbiano, and 2018 TX Vio
- $216 Closeout Case of 2018 Sauvignon Blanc (retail $336)
- $384 Closeout Case of 2017 CA Cabernet Sauvignon (retail $624)
Last Weekend for April Wine Club Pick Ups
This is the last weekend to pick up your release wine! We have extended the date for pick up until Sunday (June 6), but time is running out! We really hate to ship your wine when you live a mile away! Come on in and pick up your wine during our normal business hours either by reservation or curbside pick up.
We missed the Preakness but we are back for the final race of the Triple Crown. Join us in the Tasting Room for the Run for the White Carnations. Spin to select your Belmont winner. For those of you who cannot make it to the Tasting Room, you can select your horse by spinning the wheel and recording the horse selected by the wheel via this SPIN. Note: Only 1 spin per person please whether you are online and/or in the tasting room! Since the field of horses is so small, if your horse wins you will be placed in a drawing to determine the 5 winners of a bottle of Blanc du Bois.
No Virtual Happy Hour This Week!
Join us in a few weeks for another virtural happy hour.
Check out these important dates:
June 4th, Friday Music: Heath Ham
June 11th, Friday Music: Tyler Hardy
June 18th, Friday Music: Mitch Chandler
June 25th, Friday Music: Joey Kipfer
As noted above, the Tasting Room is open at 100% capacity. Reservations are recommended, walk-ins are on a first-come-first-served basis, and online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available. Reminder: For your safety, other guests', and ours we ask that partially vaccinated & unvaccinated guests wear a mask until your order is taken and then any time you leave the table.
- MON - TUE 1:00-5:00 PM are curbside only
- WED - SAT 1:00-7:00 PM
- SUN 12:30-5:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team