20210406 Get Bent Newsletter Volume 2021-04
As more of our team, guests, and general population are receiving vaccinations, we have determined we can begin moving toward normal operations. We invite you to travel, with us, on the Road to Normalcy and your feedback is very much appreciated!
1. We continue to limit capacity so, starting this week, we are requiring a deposit for multiple reservations in the same time slot in which more than one table is reserved. We have had quite a few no-shows of late which resulted in the tables not being able to be reserved or used by others. If you reserve more than one table, a small deposit will be required that will be 100% applied to your order. You can cancel up to 24 hrs in advance for a full refund.
2. Return of the pick up party with the April Wine Club Release! While not one big party, we think our small mini-parties are a great first step down the Road to Normalcy. And, who knows, we might decide multiple smaller parties are better than one big one. We will let you help us decide.
3. Starting the week of May 3rd, all reservations will be for an hour and 15 minutes - thereby increasing our tasting room hours - and we will keep the 15 minutes in between in order to clean and sanitize while limiting close contact. (Note: we are still not allowing additional chairs to be added to tables.)
Wednesday through Saturday:
- 1:00 - 2:15 pm
- 2:30 - 3:45 pm
- 4:00 - 5:15 pm
- 5:30 - 6:45 pm
- 12:30 - 1:45 pm
- 02:00 - 3:15 pm
- 03:30 - 4:45 pm
4. Also starting the week of May 3rd, walk-ins will be allowed on a first-come-first-served basis. We will have 3 tables of 4 seats each available for walk-ins for each time frame. This will increase our maximum occupancy to 75% (from 50%).
5. We are evaluating bringing back events in June and will publish a schedule soon. Some possibilities are: Spring Fling (outside fair similiar to Sip and Ship) or inside events in smaller groups perhaps over mulitple nights.
As you can see from our plan above, we are carefully making our way down the Road to Normalcy. We are evaluating local trends, your feedback, and CDC guidance every month and will update you in each of the monthly newsletters.
Wine Ambassador Randi is excited for you to try her favorite dip called "A-freaking-Mazing Artichoke Dip." Her spinach artichoke dip is a must-try!
Specials for Friday through Sunday:
- $ 6 Spinach Artichoke Dip
- $10 Dip with Wine Pairing
Your two favorites from Audrey and Marilee are available again this week (Wednesday through Sunday) while supplies last:
- $ 5 Sister Winemaker's Bag of Sweet & Spicy Pecans
- $10 Mrs. Winemaker's 8 oz jar of Jalapeño Jelly ($7 for the 6 oz jar)
This tasting menu will remain the same through Sunday, April 18th, but our glass and bottle specials have changed. Note: We have added another page to our website where you can always see the tasting menu and the food & wine specials that are currently in effect - click HERE to see the new "Tasting Room" page under "The Winery".
- 2018 Trebbianno TX High Plains
- 2018 Viognier TX High Plains
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA Russian River Valley
- 2018 Zinfandel CA Sonoma County
- 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon TX High Plains
- $ 7 2018 Trebbianno TX High Plains (retail $10)
- $ 7 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon TX High Plains (retail $10)
- $14 2018 Trebbianno TX High Plains (retail $24)
- $24 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon TX High Plains (retail $38)
- $50 All White All White All White: 2018 Roussanne TX High Plains, 2018 Trebbiano TX High Plains, and 2018 Viognier TX High Plains (retail $78)
- $57 Zin to Win: 2018 Zin and 2018 Zin Reserve (retail $92)
- $399 Case of 2017 CA Cabernet Sauvignon (retail $624) - down to the last 12 cases in stock!
March Madness Winners
With Baylor winning last night, the final results of the Bent Oak Winery 64 team bracket are as follows:
- 1st Place: Rob Burch wins a bottle of 2019 Dolcetto
- 2nd Place: Paul Rubin wins your pick of one of the Peek-a-Boo Tumblers
- 3rd Place: Dan & Joyce Fitzgerald win one of our new T-Shirts
Rob & Paul: please pick up your winnings next time you are in the Tasting Room. Dan & Joyce: we will get your T-Shirt in the mail.
We hope you all enjoyed playing March Madess with us and will join us for our next game adverture like maybe the Kentucky Derby!
Get Your April Wine Club Release Pickup Tickets
Club members get your pickup party tickets soon as each party is starting to sell out! Check out your party options below! If you are a wine club member and have not received an email please let us know.
Here are some important dates:
Sunday, April 18th - last day to make changes for the release
Monday, April 19th - credit cards are charged
Wednesday, April 21st - begin pickups in the Tasting Room
Pick Up Party Options - get your tickets (limit of 2 per membership) to one of the outside parties below:
- Saturday, April 24th, 1:00 to 2:30 Pick Up Party #1 - max of 70 attendees
- Saturday, April 24th, 3:00 to 4:30 Pick Up Party #2 - max of 70 attendees
- Sunday, April 25th, 1:00 to 2:30 Pick Up Party #3 - max of 70 attendees
- Sunday, April 25th, 3:00 to 4:30 Pick Up Party #4 - max of 70 attendees
Virtual Happy Hour Friday @ 5pm central
Mr. Winemaker will be discussing the 2019 Tempranillo which most of you will be receiving in your April Wine Club release (unless you are in one of the All-White options).
For the All-White club members, John will be reviewing the new 2019 Sauvignon Blanc during our next session. It will be released in the April Wine Club release as well.
Check out these important dates for this month:
April 9th, Friday Music: Joey Kipfer
April 16th, Friday Music: Mitch Chandler
April 23rd, Friday Music: Devon Maize
April 24th, Wine Club Pick Up Parties: 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm
April 25th, Wine Club Pick Up Parties: 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm
April 30th, Friday Music: Heath Ham
The Tasting Room is open by reservation only - we cannot accept walk-ups - and online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- SUN - TUE 1:00-5:00 PM
- MON & TUE are curbside only
- WED - SAT 2:00-7:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team