20210316 Weekly News Splash
Virtual Wine Tasting Friday @ 5:00 PM CDT
Join us for our first Virtual Wine Tasting Event Kit this Friday at 5:00 PM. Local folks can purchase a Tasting-to-Go Event Kit, pick it up before 5:00 PM Friday, and receive a link to attend the event hosted by Mr. Winemaker. Starting with the next event we will offer an option that we can ship to all of those not in the local area thus allowing everyone the opportunity for the virtual tasting event. We'll see how it goes but tentative plans are to offer the virtual tasting events whenever we change the Tasting Menu.
$25 Tasting-to-Go Event Kit: Five sample bottles, Stemless Glass, Tasting Sheet with descriptions & food pairings, and a Ticket to the Virtual Tasting. Note: Curbside pick up only - cannot ship! Pick up your kit on Thursday or Friday.
Current Tasting Menu in the Tasting Room:
2018 Trebbianno TX High Plains
2018 Viognier TX High Plains
2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA Russian River Valley
2018 Zinfandel CA Sonoma County
2019 Cabernet Sauvignon TX High Plains
If you would like to have a private tasting event with Mr Winemaker just for your family and friends, you will need to schedule with us in advance and purchase 20 or more Tasting-to-Go Kits.
We set up an online Men's NCAA Bracket Pool at RunYourPool named 'Bent Oak Winery March Madness.' Get in on all the fun by completing your own bracket, following the progress of your bracket, and getting a chance to win wine, food, and/or merchandise. Enter Your Picks Today
Points values increase as the tournament progresses, as follows:
First Four = Play-in games are not included or scored
First Round = 1 point
Second Round = 2 points
Sweet 16 = 4 points
Elite 8 = 8 points
Final Four = 16 points
Championship = 32 points
Deadline to enter your bracket is March 19th 11:15 CDT.
Except for the Irish Stew all other specials will remain the same this week.
Marilee (aka Sister Winemaker) is trying her hand at Irish Stew with Beef and Guiness which will be served Friday through Sunday while it lasts. Get your green on - it might be lucky!
- $ 6 Beef and Guinness Irish Stew
- $10 Irish Stew with Wine Pairing
Your two favorites from Audrey and Marilee are available again this week while supplies last:
- $ 5 Sister Winemaker's Bag of Sweet & Spicy Pecans
- $10 Mrs. Winemaker's 8 oz jar of Jalapeño Jelly or $7 for the 6 oz jar
This tasting menu will run for the next 4 or 5 weeks.
- 2018 Trebbianno TX High Plains
- 2018 Viognier TX High Plains
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA Russian River Valley
- 2018 Zinfandel CA Sonoma County
- 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon TX High Plains
- $ 7 2018 Trebbianno TX High Plains (retail $10)
- $10 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA Russian River Valley (retail $15)
- $15 2018 Trebbiano TX High Plains (retail $24)
- $36 2019 Pinot Noir Reserve CA Russian River Valley (retail $52)
- $27 Rosé & Tumbler: 2019 Rosé TX High Plains and Insulated Wine Tumbler (retail $44)
- $45 Red, White, and Rosé: 2019 Wild Eye Red TX High Plains, 2018 Blanc du Bois TX High Plains, and 2019 Rosé TX High Plains (retail $64)
- $57 Zin to Win: 2018 Zin and 2018 Zin Reserve (retail $92)
The Tasting Room is open by reservation only - we cannot accept walk-ups - and online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- SUN - TUE 1:00-5:00 PM
- MON & TUE are curbside only
- WED - SAT 2:00-7:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team