20210310 Weekly News Splash
Our policy concerning
Gov. Abbott's Executive Order
As many of you know, Governor Abbott issued Executive Order GA-34, effective March 10th, removing the State-wide mask mandate and occupancy restrictions thus leaving the responsibility for the safe operation of businesses up to the businesses themselves. With only approximately 9% of the State's population vaccinated, many with only one of the two shots required, mitigating the spread of COVID-19 and managing safe operations will continue to be top concerns.
At Bent Oak Winery, the safety of you and our team is our priority. As such, we will continue to require that our team and guests wear masks in the tasting room. We will continue all safety protocols, including table reservations, capacity limitations, checking temperature, and disinfection between seatings. One positive outcome of the Executive Order: non-alcohol purchases no longer must accompany wine consumed on premise.
On the local level, Austin Public Health (APH) has published a color-coded chart to help Austin-Travis County residents and businesses understand the stages of risk and to provide recommendations on what people should do to stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Austin-Travis County is currently in Stage 4.
We will continue to monitor State and local directives and recommendations and will adjust our operations as needed to maintain a safe, relaxed, and fun environment for everyone to come and enjoy our wines.
2021 San Francisco Chronicle Awards
The 2021 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition was completed on March 5. There were over forty-eight judges, representing various North American wine regions, evaluating nearly 5,700 wines from over 1,000 wineries. We are very excited to have received the following awards:
- *Double Gold - 2019 Chardonnay (Mrs. Winemaker is so proud of her favorite varietal!)*
- 2019 Sauvignon Blanc
- 2019 Trebbiano
- 2019 TX Viognier
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve
- 2019 Dolcetto
- 2019 CA Viognier
- 2018 Zinfandel Reserve
- 2019 Blanc du Bois
With food no longer a requirement, we have eliminated the bottle or glass + food or merchandise specials. We will continue our ala carte food menu as well as the weekly food special (available Friday through Sunday) though.
Come on in and give the delicious Chicken Fajita Tacos a try!
- $ 6 Chicken Fajita Tacos
- $10 Tacos with Wine Pairing
Your two favorites from Audrey and Marilee are available again this week while supplies last:
- $ 5 Sister Winemaker's Bag of Sweet & Spicy Pecans
- $10 Mrs. Winemaker's 8 oz jar of Jalapeño Jelly or $7 for the 6 oz jar
We have a new tasting menu this week which will be in effect for a month or so.
- 2018 Trebbianno TX High Plains
- 2018 Viognier TX High Plains
- 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA Russian River Valley
- 2018 Zinfandel CA Sonoma County
- 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon TX High Plains
- $ 7 2018 Trebbianno TX High Plains (retail $10)
- $10 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve CA Russian River Valley (retail $15)
- $15 2018 Trebbiano TX High Plains (retail $24)
- $36 2019 Pinot Noir Reserve CA Russian River Valley (retail $52)
- $27 Rosé & Tumbler: 2019 Rosé TX High Plains and Insulated Wine Tumbler (retail $44)
- $45 Red, White, and Rosé: 2019 Wild Eye Red TX High Plains, 2018 Blanc du Bois TX High Plains, and 2019 Rosé TX High Plains (retail $64)
- $57 Zin to Win: 2018 Zin and 2018 Zin Reserve (retail $92)
No Virtual Happy Hour this Week
Friday Virtual Happy Hours are evolving!
- Monthly fun or wine education sessions focussing on the wine making process or diving into specific varietals
- Virtual Wine Tasting Events: Starting next week, order your Tasting To Go kit and on Friday night taste along with Mr Winemaker as he goes through each varietal with you, discussing each varietal in the tasting menu as well as what foods those varietals pair with. Additionally, we will have option(s) for you to have your own "exclusive" Virtual Wine Tasting Party with your group and Mr. Winemaker. Stay tuned!
Last Week for Wine Club Release Pickups
You should have received an email reminder on Monday if you have not picked up your January release yet. This is the last week to pick up your wine club release wine. We look forward to seeing you curbside or in the Tasting Room on or before March 14th as we really hate to ship to anyone living so close!
- Pick up wines at 2B (Tasting Room) through Sunday, March 14th:
- Tasting Room: You can make a RESERVATION Wednesday through Saturday 2:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 1:00-5:00 PM.
- Curbside Pickup: Sunday through Tuesday 1:00-5:00 PM or Wednesday through Saturday 2:00-7:00 PM. You can schedule your pick up date and time by clicking PICK UP and remain in your car when you arrive in the parking lot. Call or text us at 512-673-8250 and we will deliver your order to your car.
Important information on local shipping if you do not pick up by Sunday, March 14th:
- Sunday, March 14th is the last day for local members to pick up your wine selections before shipping begins.
- Tuesday, March 16th we will begin processing shipping charges for local members failing to pick up by March 14th deadline.
- Thursday, March 18th shipments will go out to all the local members who did not pick up.
Next Week Preview
Stay tuned for March Madness fun early next week. We will send out a link for you all to make your picks.
The April Wine Club release emails will be sent next week.
The Tasting Room is open by reservation only - we cannot accept walk-ups - and online ordering with contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- SUN - TUE 1:00-5:00 PM
- MON & TUE are curbside only
- WED - SAT 2:00-7:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team