20210224 Weekly News Splash
The winery weathered the winter storm very well and luckily did not lose power or water. As a result, we were able to reopen on Saturday. We appreciate everyone who found time from their cleanup chores to stop in for the Jambalaya and stock up on bottles of wine. Everyone's wine stock had to be depleted after a week or more of being stuck at home!
WINE with FOOD or MERCHANDISE
in the Tasting Room
After a crazy weather week and all the clean up afterwards it is time for some comfort food! Mrs. Winemaker is making Jalapeño Mac and Cheese. Doesn't that sound yummy?
- $ 6 Jalapeño Mac and Cheese
- $10 Jalapeño Mac and Cheese with Wine Pairing
- $12 Member / $15 Non-member Glass with Hummus Plate, Spirals, or Corkscrew
- $35 Texas Bottle with Charcuterie Plate or Tumbler
- $50 California Bottle with Bent-O-Box or Aerating Pourer (not Chirpy)
Back by popular demand:
- $ 5 Sister Winemaker's Bag of Sweet & Spicy Pecans
- $10 Mrs. Winemaker's 8 oz jar of Jalapeño Jelly or $7 for the 6 oz jar
This is the tasting menu running through February: 2018 Blanc du Bois, 2018 Roussanne, 2019 Dolcetto, 2018 Zinfandel, and 2019 TX Cabernet Sauvignon.
Bottle specials and packages
Here are the new specials to kick off a week of much better weather!
- $16 2018 Roussanne TX High Plains (retail $26)
- $24 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon TX High Plains (retail $38)
- $50 All White All White All White: 2018 Roussanne TX High Plains, 2018 Trebbiano TX High Plains, and 2018 Viognier TX High Plains (retail $78)
- $57 Zin to Win: 2018 Zin and 2018 Zin Reserve (retail $92)
- $60 Sparkling, Red, and Rosé: 2018 Cuvee TX High Plains, 2019 Dolcetto TX High Plains, and 2019 Rosé TX High Plains (retail $88)
Virtual Happy Hour
Friday at 5:00 pm central
We'll get back to education this week with a discussion on our 2018 Roussanne from the Texas High Plains.
Wine Club Release Pickups Extended to 3/14/2021
Due to the weather and your clean up efforts, we have decided to extend the pick up date. If you have not picked up yet, you should have received an email reminder this week extending the date. We look forward to seeing you curbside or in the Tasting Room on or before March 14th as we really hate to ship when you all live so close!
- Pick up wines at 2B (Tasting Room) through Sunday, March 14th:
- Tasting Room: You can make a RESERVATION Wednesday through Saturday 2:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 1:00-5:00 PM.
- Curbside Pickup: Sunday through Tuesday 1:00-5:00 PM or Wednesday through Saturday 2:00-7:00 PM. You can schedule your pick up date and time by clicking PICK UP and remain in your car when you arrive in the parking lot. Call or text us at 512-673-8250 and we will deliver your order to your car.
Important information on local shipping if you do not pick up by Sunday, March 14th:
- Sunday, March 14th is the last day for local members to pick up your wine selections before shipping begins.
- Tuesday, March 16th we will begin processing shipping charges for local members failing to pick up by March 14th deadline.
- Thursday, March 18th shipments will go out to all the local members who did not pick up.
Per TABC, State, and Williamson County directives, the Tasting Room is open by reservation only - we cannot accept walk-ups - and online ordering wtih contactless curbside pickup remains available.
- SUN - TUE 1:00-5:00 PM
- MON & TUE are curbside only
- WED - SAT 2:00-7:00 PM
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team