20201124 Weekly News Splash - Happy Thanksgiving and Black Friday Sales
Do you still need wine for Thanksgiving Day? We will be open curbside only on Wednesday from 1:00-4:00 PM for your last-minute purchases. Check out the Thanksgiving packages below for the perfect compliment to your Thanksgiving Dinner then place your order online or just stop by!
The Bent Oak Family wishes you and your family a safe and happy Thanksgiving. As we take this opportunity to reflect on the past year, while we are enjoying our Thanksgiving within our bubbles of course, we wanted to let you know how much we appreciate you being a part of the Bent Oak community. We are surviving during COVID thanks to your continued support!!
We will be closed on Thanksgiving Day but will open Black Friday, during normal tasting room hours (2:00-7:00 PM), and look forward to serving you. Don't forget to get your reservation! We will have great deals on wine and merchandise throughout the day and spin-to-wins, too. See Black Friday sales below so you can plan your "Shop Local" strategy around the Bent Oak Winery sales! Rest up on Thanksgiving Day and come join in the fun on Black Friday!
Houston Rodeo Wine Competition Awards
We didn't wine the saddle, but we are very excited with our wines that won awards from the 2021 Houston Rodeo Uncorked International Wine Competition! Our medal counts inch closer to 200 as we are now at 186. Also we just submitted our entries to the San Francisco Chronicle competition last weekend.
Gold Medal: 2019 Saiuvignon Blanc Texas High Plains
Silver Medals: 2018 Zinfandel Russian River Valley Reserve, 2019 Sangiovese Texas High Plains, 2019 Viognier Texas High Plains, 2019 Viognier Russian River, and 2019 Trebbiano Texas High Plains
Bronze Medals: 2019 Dolcetto Texas High Plains, 2018 Pinot Noir Russian River Reserve, and 2019 Tempranillo Texas High Plains
Join us on Black Friday to celebrate the start of the holiday shopping season. We have the following specials running throughout the day and our other specials throughout the weekend including our new 12 Bottles of Christmas. In addition to the wine and merchandise sales, we will be serving Sister Winemaker's meatball sub and wine pairing to continue the Thanksgiving feast.
Come on in to get away from the hustle and bustle to enjoy a day of wine within your COVID bubble! We have music by Trevor Helt and fun activities, too! Or why not have a Tasting to Go? No better way to enjoy to-go tastings of our award winning wines than within the safety of your home!
|Reservation Time slot||Specials||Sale Price||Retail Price|
|2:00 - 2:45||Peek A Boo Stemless Tumbler||$12.95||$19.95|
|2:00 - 2:45||TX Do-Si-Do: '18 Blanc du Bois and '18 Barbera (we found a few Barbera)||$29.00||$50.00|
|2:00 - 2:45||BOW Tapestry Throw||$60.00||$80.00|
|2:00 - 2:45||Tasting to Go with Glass||$15.00||$20.00|
|3:00 - 4:00||'18 Roussanne and 2 Stemmed Glasses||$27.00||$46.00|
|3:00 - 4:00||Zin Twins: '17 Zin Reserve & '18 Zin Reserve||$60.00||$100.00|
|3:00 - 4:00||Certain Aerating Pourers (Football, Golf Ball, Octopus, Dragon, High Heel,or Trump)||$14.50||29.00|
|4:15 - 5:30||'17 Zinfandel Reserve and 2 Stemless Glasses||$40.00||$66.00|
|4:15 - 5:30||'18 Lone Star Cuvee and 2 Flute Glasses||$35.00||$58.00|
|4:15 - 5:30||BOW Corkscrew||$5.00||$12.95|
|5:45 - 7:00||'18 Trebbiano and 2 Stemmed Glasses||$25.00||$44.00|
|5:45 - 7:00||'18 Vesenillo and Delysia Chocolate Box||$35.00||$55.00|
|5:45 - 7:00||4 Stemless Glasses||$16.00||$32.00|
Spin to Win per Table during each reservation time block
|ALL DAY Specials||Sale Price||Retail Price|
|$5 off a $50 Gift Certificate||$45.00||$50.00|
|Coasters (Set of 4)||$16.00||$25.00|
|Leather Bottle Carriers various sizes (25% off)|
|Peek a Boo Stemless Tumbler||$15.00||$19.95|
|Short Sleeved T-Shirts (clearance)||$5.00||$22.00|
|Short Sleeved Vented Shirts (clearance)||$20.00||$45.00|
|Wooden Gift Boxes||$20.00||$40.00|
Here are the specials for all weekend.
- $16 – 2018 Trebbiano (retail $24)
- Bronze - 2020 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- Bronze - 2019 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- $18 – 2018 Viognier TX (retail $28)
- Silver - 2020 San Francisco Chronicle
- Silver - 2020 San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- Bronze - 2019 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- Bronze - 2019 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- $36 – 2018 Pinot Noir (retail $52)
- Double Gold 94 Points - 2020 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- Silver - 2020 Lone Star International Wine Competition
- Silver - 2019 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- Bronze - 2021 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- Bronze - 2020 San Francisco Chronicle
- $14 – 2019 Wild Eye (retail $20)
- $36 – 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve CA (Retail $52)
- Silver - 2018-2019 Texas International Wine Competition
- $58 Thanksgiving Zin & Chard 2 Pack - 2018s Zin Reserve & Chardonnay (retail $84)
- $61 Thanksgiving CA Friends 2 Pack - 2018s Pinot Noir Reserve & CA Viognier (retail $88)
- $100 Thanksgiving Family 4 Pack - 2018s Pinot Noir Reserve, TX Viognier, Lone Star Cuvee, & Vesenillo (retail $146)
- $154 Thanksgiving Love 6 Pack - 2018s Pinot Noir Reserve (2), TX Viognier(2), Lone Star Cuvee, & Vesenillo (retail $226)
- $295 12 Bottles of Christmas - (6 red and 6 white) - 2018 Blanc du Bois, 2018 Trebbiano, 2018 Chardonnay, 2018 Petit Verdot, 18 Texas Viognier, 2019 Wild Eye Red, 2018 Sauvignon Blanc, 2017 Cab Reserve, 2018 Vesenillo (port style), 2018 Lone Star Cuvee (sparkling), 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve, and 2018 Zin Reserve (retail $437.95)
- $20 Tasting to Go with Glass
- $15 Tasting to Go without Glass
WINE with FOOD or MERCHANDISE in the Tasting Room
Stop by to have one of Marilee's famous meatball subs!
- $6 Meatball Subs
- $10 Meatball Subs with Wine Pairing
- $12 Member/$15 Non-member Glass with Hummus Plate, Spirals, or Corkscrew
- $35 Texas Bottle with Charcuterie Plate or Tumbler
- $50 California Bottle with Bent-O-Box or Aerating Pourer (not Chirpy)
Get into the Holiday Spirit
Even though Black Friday is a day of shopping, maybe we can get into the true meaning of the holiday season with a couple of ways for giving. I am sure you have your own ways of giving but we thought you might enjoy our take on giving as well as enjoying wine.
1. Bring two canned goods to get your name in the drawing for a 2-bottle package of 2018 Texas favorite red and white wines. The drawing will continue through Sunday, December 6th, at 4:30 p.m. and the winner will be announced at 5 p.m. Your name will be added for every two canned goods you donate. All donations will go to the Cedar Park Blue Santa program on December 7th in conjunction with Gracie's Canned Goods.
2. Bring an upwrapped toy to get your name in the drawing for a 2-bottle package of 2018 Texas favorite red and white wines. The drawing will continue through Sunday, December 6th, at 4:30 p.m. and the winner will be announced at 5 p.m. Your name will be added for every toy that you donate. All donations will go to the Cedar Park Blue Santa program on December 7th.
Calling all crafters! Get your tickets for the ever-popular Christmas Cork Craft nights on Tuesday, December 1st or Wednesday, December 2nd. You will need to decide which night to attend as well as which craft to make - Christmas Tree or 10-foot Garland. The tickets are separated by date and craft such as Tuesday Christmas Tree, Tuesday Garland, Wednesday Christmas Tree, or Wednesday Garland. We are limited in space for each night - don't delay get your ticket today! You can get your tickets HERE. Reserve early because, with social distancing requirements, space will be limited! Note: All ticket purchasers will receive an email later this month to reserve a table.
Are you ready for some football?
We had 53 people participate in week #11 and an outright winner with 11 correct! Congratulations to Pamela Winter for winning a bottle of 2018 Viognier Texas High Plains.
Join us for Week #12 of the NFL You Pick 'Em game. You select the winners of each game and enter the total score of the Monday Night Football game. A bottle of 2019 Wild Eye Red to this weekend's winner! Below is the link to the pick 'em entry form. Get your entry in before the Thanksgiving Day games begin and good luck!
Virtual Happy Hour - Cancelled this week!
We will be running like crazy on Black Friday thus will need to cancel again this week. Everyone enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend! We look forward to seeing you on the other side! Stay safe!
Chili Cook Off Winners
Announcing the winners last week of our 1st Annual Chili Cook Off! The judges awarded the First Prize to Jeri Ann Robertson and the People's Choice was awarded to Lyndsay Hanes! Congrats to the winners and all participants! We look forward to the 2nd Annual Chili Cook Off which will be on the same day as the Sip & Shop next year!
The Tasting Room remains open by reservation only - we cannot accept walk-ups - and curbside pickup continues. Business hours for tasting room and curbside are Thursday through Saturday 2:00-7:00 PM and Sunday 1:00-5:00 PM and don't forget about Wine Down Friday music from 3:30-6:30 PM! We are maintaining the 50% occupancy to keep you and our team safe!
We hope you find this email informative and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Bent Oak Winery Team